Blowout Cards Forums
buying

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Captain America: The Winter Soldier Card set UD 2014

Thought I'd start a thread on this set since I've been able to find some info and preorders are already up. I'm really looking forward to this set, though I know it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg..............
72 Card Base Set
18 Card Role Call Character Set (1:1.25 Packs)
72 Card Base Silver Parallel Set (1:2 Packs)
18 Card Role Call Silver Parallel Set (1:6 Packs)
72 Card Base Red Parallel Set
18 Card Roll Call Red Parallel Set
72 Card Base Blue Parallel Set
18 Card Role Call Blue Parallel Set
9 Card “Cap’s Legacy” Set (1:5 Packs)
9 Card Movie Poster Set (1:5 Packs)
18 Card Concept Series Set (1:2 Packs)
12 Single Costume/Prop Cards (1:20 Packs)
12 Dual Costume/Prop Cards (1:42 Packs)
12 Triple Costume/Prop Cards (1:42 Packs)
6 Autographed Costume/Prop Cards (1:480 Packs)
Vertical Sketch Cards (1:60 Packs)
Horizontal Sketch Cards (1:120 Packs)
15 Character Sketch Cards (1:120 Packs)
30 Classic Covers Autographs (1:60 Packs)
10 Single Actor Autograph Cards (1:200 Packs)
8 Dual Actor Autograph Cards (1:720 Packs)
Printing Plates (1:144 Packs)
14 Manufactured Patch Cards (1:80 Packs)

capam2sample by buckycap, on Flickr

Really hope the Chris Evans Auto/Memorabilia card is real and isn't a mock up like the Scarlett Johansson Avengers Assemble auto.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would love to get my hands on a Cobi Smulders auto!
ekalbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

I ended up pre-ordering a few boxes myself, partly because of Thor release and because of this preview pic. I must have that vertical Cobie Smulders Auto.
And like you I hope all the cards are real and no mock ups like Avengers.
But with 10 Single Autograph Signers proposed, gotta like the odds one of them being Evans.

Maybe once it gets closer to release I'll order more but with the other new stuff slated around the same time, funds will be stretched. Now if UD added and confirmed Scarlett Auto along with Smulders & Evans, then yeah it would be damn the repercussions and give me a case LOL.

Regardless who else they get, I'm super excited.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

This set looks great! I am loving the Thor 2 set, and this looks like another winner... UD has been on a roll the last couple years!
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Unless it's just late and my maths are fuzzy, there's a single auto in every case and, then, 2 out of 3 cases will have both a single and/or a dual or costume/prop auto.

10 different? Off to check out a cast list. You'd think a Scarlett auto would be one of the ten... I hope.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I really want that Chris Evans autograph. I'd want that over any other Avenger. Hopefully they can deliver on it. I'm more excited for this than for Walking Dead Season 3.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

When is the release date on this set?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

March 25 is the current release date.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

The heck with Scarlett Johansson...

Robert. Freaking. Redford.

That would be an auto that would get me buying multiple cases for sure
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

I thought UD may have held back the Johansson autos from the Avengers line and kept them aside for future release. Same as how they inserted Thor and Cap America autos into the Avengers line.

Either way I PO'ed a couple of boxes. May order a few more depending on the list of signers
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

With 10 autographs, there is a chance for some big names in the set. However, there is also a chance there will be a lot of filler autographs. Thor 2 is so good, because even the worst autograph is selling for $150. If half the CA 2 autographs sell for less than $50, it won't be nearly as good.

Wish list of autographs:
Scarlett Johansson
Chris Evans
Haley Atwell
Samuel L. Jackson
Cobie Smulders
Emily VanCamp
Stan Lee
Robert Redford

Of those, we are really only sure about Evans and Smulder (because of the mock-ups, and because Smulder has signed for AA). I think there is at least a 50/50 chance at Jackson (since he signed for The Spirit), and I think it would be cool to have Stan Lee as part of the autograph set (instead of the comic cover autographs). Don't really know about the others, personally I think there is almost no chance they will get Johansson. Of course if they did get her, then it wouldn't matter how many filler autographs there are in the set.

However, I would expect autographs of people like Toby Jones (since he signed for the first CA set), Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, and Frank Grillo (since the three of them are superheroes in the film), plus Dominic Cooper. Will any of those be popular?

I am taking a wait and see approach, hopefully we will get a complete autograph list before the product hits.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekalbnz View Post
I would love to get my hands on Cobi Smulders!
FYP!

Looks like master set will be huge with all the inserts and parallels.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Stan lee is already included in the comic covers autographs so he wouldn't be one of the cast autos.
With 10 single autos it could mean 5 signers with 2 different cards like with IM3 and the Hemsworth card in ThorW. I hope that is not the case. I could do with 2 different Evans single autos but I hope not with any of the other signers.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm really curious about the parallel sets. I'm wondering if one is a retail exclusive and/or one is a serial numbered short printed parallel set. I also like that they did the 15 card character sketch set. I'd probably prefer if it was only 9... Putting together the Thor set and not necessarily thrilled with all the characters they chose. I get their relationship to the comic, but I would have rather had less characters that were all in the movie (Thor, Loki, Odin, Malekith, Kurse, Volstagg, Fandral, Hogan, Sif).
Old 01-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Unless it's just late and my maths are fuzzy, there's a single auto in every case and, then, 2 out of 3 cases will have both a single and/or a dual or costume/prop auto
Actually, the number of cards per case are:

single auto: 1.44
costume auto: 0.6
dual auto: 0.4

So you should get a single auto plus either a costume or dual auto per case, plus a second single auto in about every other case. Of course based on the Thor 2 case breaks, we will probably see some weird collation issues, like cases with just a single auto, or cases with all three types of autographs plus a second single auto. Hopefully UD will do a better job, and every case will have at least 2 autographs in it.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'd love a Van Camp/Johannsson dual autograph. I'm not holding my breath, but it'd be awesome.
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:49 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm debating on ordering my case
hannahs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:53 AM   #18 (permalink)

Getting Robert Redford to sign would be gigantic.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

They took the Chris Evans auto relic off their sale sheet to dealers
hannahs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahs1 View Post
They took the Chris Evans auto relic off their sale sheet to dealers
Blowout still has it on their sell sheet. If this is true and they pulled this kind of stunt without having Chris Evans locked down for a card that is truly deplorable. It makes what Cryptozoic does when it comes to signers that much better. Cryptozoic doesn't string along people, when you pre-order a product you know exactly who is under contract so you have a really good idea on what to expect when that product comes out.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Blowout still has it on their sell sheet. If this is true and they pulled this kind of stunt without having Chris Evans locked down for a card that is truly deplorable. It makes what Cryptozoic does when it comes to signers that much better. Cryptozoic doesn't string along people, when you pre-order a product you know exactly who is under contract so you have a really good idea on what to expect when that product comes out.
This is nothing new. For Avengers Assemble they released a mock up of a Scarlet Johannson autograph. Obviously that card was never released, and prob never even had a chance of being made, but it sure sold some cases!

Staying away from this release now. Chris Evans would have been enough for me to pre order but if they are just gonna pull that again I'll wait till it's out and see how it breaks like I did with Thor before buying any
Old 01-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
This is nothing new. For Avengers Assemble they released a mock up of a Scarlet Johannson autograph. Obviously that card was never released, and prob never even had a chance of being made, but it sure sold some cases!

Staying away from this release now. Chris Evans would have been enough for me to pre order but if they are just gonna pull that again I'll wait till it's out and see how it breaks like I did with Thor before buying any
I'm with you 100%. Chris Evans/Captain America is my favorite Avengers character so I would have for sure pre-ordered some of this. Unless Upper Deck comes out and says they 100% for sure have Chris Evans in the product I will not pre-order. Even if they do come out and say all of that, I'd still be hesitant.

I sent a tweet to @UpperDeckEnt. Doubt they'll say anything, but it's worth a shot.

I also noticed that on this website, they cover the cards but do not picture the Chris Evans autograph card. This article was just posted today. You'd think that would be the card that would garner the most attention and would be shown. Guess there is something to this.

http://moviepilot.com/stories/121354...rom-upper-deck

Last edited by Brobocop; 01-09-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I'm with you 100%. Chris Evans/Captain America is my favorite Avengers character so I would have for sure pre-ordered some of this. Unless Upper Deck comes out and says they 100% for sure have Chris Evans in the product I will not pre-order. Even if they do come out and say all of that, I'd still be hesitant.

I sent a tweet to @UpperDeckEnt. Doubt they'll say anything, but it's worth a shot.

I also noticed that on this website, they cover the cards but do not picture the Chris Evans autograph card. This article was just posted today. You'd think that would be the card that would garner the most attention and would be shown. Guess there is something to this.

Check out the 'Winter Soldier' trading cards from Upper Deck | Moviepilot
The difference in pre order price on Thor vs what I've paid for my cases has been minimal anyways, so I don't think it'll be that hard to find this product close to pre sale prices even if it turns out to be a solid release.

The first thor set was very solid, and was followed up by an awful Captain America release (other than a couple costume card SPs that sold well) I'm also thinking about that as I was definitely fooled and pre ordered two cases of the first Cap set and was very disappointed. It seems like the smart thing to do with UD marvel releases is simply to wait and see.

I am def hoping they release a product on par or close to Thor Dark World. The signer possibilities alone are very good in this movie.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
The difference in pre order price on Thor vs what I've paid for my cases has been minimal anyways, so I don't think it'll be that hard to find this product close to pre sale prices even if it turns out to be a solid release.

The first thor set was very solid, and was followed up by an awful Captain America release (other than a couple costume card SPs that sold well) I'm also thinking about that as I was definitely fooled and pre ordered two cases of the first Cap set and was very disappointed. It seems like the smart thing to do with UD marvel releases is simply to wait and see.

I am def hoping they release a product on par or close to Thor Dark World. The signer possibilities alone are very good in this movie.
I did not buy any Thor 2 since people started to say that there were second wave cases sent out that didn't have the amount of great hits in them and that scarred me a bit. They did a great job of getting some of the bigger names to sign for that set which was encouraging. I guess I'm sick of companies putting out non-sport releases using great licenses without backing it up with the main people in the movie or show. That's fine if you can't get these people to sign, I know they can be hard to get, but then don't go and charge close to $100 a box for manufactured hits, small wardrobe pieces, and sketches that range in quality. It's things like this that have really turned me away from opening any non-sports wax outside of Cryptozoic in the past year or so.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
If you email Upper Deck close to the release date they will typically provide the complete list of signers.