Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Arrow Cryptozoic The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Trading Cards Q1 2014 (Official)

The Vampire Diaries Trading Cards Season 3

The CW's number-one series continues for another season of epic romance, suspense and a bloody good thrill ride. Based on the best-selling book series, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES is the story of two vampire brothers, obsessed with the same gorgeous girl, who are battling to control the fate of an entire town.

Last season, the appearance of the vengeful Katherine Pierce threw a wrench into the love triangle between Stefan, Elena and Damon, and the other residents of Mystic Falls were forced to choose sides as they fell victim to a new breed of danger. Stefan and Damon were later met with their greatest challenge yet -- the arrivals of Elijah and Klaus, two of the Original vampires. As Klaus went head to head with Damon and took a special interest in Stefan, he also seemingly focused on breaking the "Sun and Moon" curse by sacrificing Elena; never swaying from his mission, no matter the action the brothers took, he proved to be the most powerful vampire in existence.

Season three opens the door to learn more about Klaus and the Original Family as his motives for wanting Stefan on his side are finally revealed. As Stefan sinks deeper into the dark side, Damon and Elena struggle with the guilt of their growing bond, even as they work together to bring Stefan back from the edge. Plus, the ghosts from Jeremy's past have a powerful message they're trying to deliver to him, not to mention the impact they're having on his relationship with Bonnie. And, as Caroline and Tyler grow closer, a war erupts between their families.

Key Features:
  • This critically acclaimed show captures millions of viewers each week!
  • Inspired the sexy new series, THE ORIGINALS set to air later this year.
  • Look for randomly inserted Autograph and Wardrobe cards!

Product Details:

Release Date: March 28, 2014
Packs: 5 Cards per pack
MSRP: $3.50 per pack
Base Set: Features episodic images from season three
Chase Sets: The Original Vampires flashback cards (2:24 packs) and a foil set dedicated to Elena, Damon, Stefan and Klaus (2:24 packs)
Inserts: Autograph cards (1:24 packs), Wardrobe or Dual Wardrobe cards (1:24 packs)

Autograph Signers (Signers in Bold have returned cards, Signers with an * are under contract): Nina Dobrev (2/12), Paul Wesley (2/12), Ian Somerhalder (2/12), Steven R. McQueen (2/12), Kat Graham (2/12), Zach Roerig (2/12), Candice Accola (2/12), Michael Trevino (2/12), Torrey DeVito, Cassidy Freeman, Nathaniel Buzolic, Claire Holt, Susan Walters, Robert Ri'chard (1/16), Casper Zafer (1/16), Alice Evans (1/23), Joseph Morgan (2/26), Persia White (2/26), Sebastian Roche (2/27)

**Daniel Gilles & Matt Davis will not be participating in the set.**

Binder:

Chase Set Gallery:

Chase 1:

Chase 2:

Autograph List:

AM1 Nina Dobrev
AM2 Paul Wesley
AM3 Ian Somerhalder
A4 Joseph Morgan
A5 Steven R. McQueen
A6 Kat Graham
A7 Candice Accola
A8 Zach Roerig
A9 Michael Trevino
A10 Daniel Gilles or Matt Davis (Not Packed Out)
A11 Claire Holt
A12 Cassidy Freeman
A13 Daniel Gilles or Matt Davis (Not Packed Out)
A14 Persia White
A15 Susan Walters
A16 Sebastian Roche
A17 Alice Evans
A18 Torrey Devitto
A19 Nathaniel Buzolic
A20 Casper Zafer
A21 Robert Richard

Autograph Gallery:

AM1 Nina Dobrev

AM2 Paul Wesley

AM3 Ian Somerhalder

A4 Joseph Morgan

Variant:

Non-Variant:

A5 Steven R. McQueen

A6 Kat Graham

A7 Candice Accola

A8 Zach Roerig

A9 Michael Trevino

A10 Daniel Gilles or Matt Davis (Not Packed Out)

A11 Claire Holt

A12 Cassidy Freeman

A13 Daniel Gilles or Matt Davis (Not Packed Out)

A14 Persia White

A15 Susan Walters

A16 Sebastian Roche

A17 Alice Evans

A18 Torrey Devitto

A19 Nathaniel Buzolic

A20 Casper Zafer

A21 Robert Richard

Memorabilia Gallery:

Redmption:

The redemption for this set features six (6!) pieces of wardrobe for Elena, Stefan, Damon, Rebekah, Elijah and Klaus. A dual-sided 4” by 6” card.

Front:

Back:

Checklist:

The Vampire Diaries Trading Cards Season 3 | Cryptozoic Entertainment

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 04-05-2014 at 04:58 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

I was looking through the returned autos the other day on their site. I really like the autograph card design in general.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Glad to see the Claire Holt auto.
WTB/WTTF Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Private Signings #50; Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Base Cards (all colors); and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tim

I ordered 12 cases of this - tons of repeat VD buyers for me.
Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Susan Walters probably signed 5000 for this set. She is all I ever pull
hannahs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Looks like yesterday was a big day at the mailbox for Cryptozoic. These all show a 2/12 posting date on the site. 8 total added yesterday...

Seems odd that you'd add an "a" after each image file. Would seem to be a classification, possibly indicating variations?
Old 02-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm hoping for a Candice and a Claire...and another Nina of course.
WTB/WTTF Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Private Signings #50; Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Base Cards (all colors); and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the update. Cryptozoic always add an 'a' to all their uploads. The auto/mem cards have a 'b'.

I guess the Autograph/Wardrobes will be the first three autographs of this set although the numbering of them show AM1; AM2; AM3. Seems a bit off to have the number sequence be as follows AM1; AM2; AM3; A4; A5... etc.

I see there is five openings in the autograph list (A4, A10, A13, A14, A16) but four signers with cards outstanding (Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gilles, Sebastian Roche, and Persia White) whom is missing?

Added the new additions to the Autograph List above and images to the Gallery

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 02-13-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

The Vampire Diaries Trading Cards Hits Streets 3/28/2014! | Cryptozoic Entertainment

Redemption looks great for this!
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

See what happens when they wait a full year between sets and don't just pump out a set for the sake of capturing cash flow like BBT5? This set looks great again.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

Can't wait!!! I'm a big fan and I've been looking forward to this set. The cards look awesome.

If anyone hits a redemption, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tim

I am breaking 12 CASES of this!
Old 03-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Updated new images.

Looks like Joseph Morgan signed only some with facial expressions/attributes. Steven R. McQueen has different facial expressions/attributes drawn on as well.

Still only see 20 signers but card numbering to 21...

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-05-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Updated new images.

Looks like Joseph Morgan signed only some with facial expressions/attributes. Steven R. McQueen has different facial expressions/attributes drawn on as well.

Still only see 20 signers but card numbering to 21...
The ONLY one they didn't get was Matthew Davis it looks like, and he's not even that big of an autograph.

Agreed, this will be a great release. Kudos to Cryptozoic for doing a great job on this particular set!!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
The ONLY one they didn't get was Matthew Davis it looks like, and he's not even that big of an autograph.

Agreed, this will be a great release. Kudos to Cryptozoic for doing a great job on this particular set!!
Only outstanding signer that has not returned their cards is Daniel Gillies according to Cryptozoic's list, yet A10 and A13 are unfilled. He cannot account for both spots.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
See what happens when they wait a full year between sets and don't just pump out a set for the sake of capturing cash flow like BBT5? This set looks great again.
+1!! Totally agree.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
True, but Alaric (Matt Davis) played a big part in Season 3 and I would have loved to have his autograph for this set. He did sign for the previous sets though, so it's ok. Season 3 was his last season alive as a human. It's possible that he could appear in future sets as he returned a couple times in ghost form and as Silas. People who are big fans of the show typically really love him.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:41 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I am breaking 12 CASES of this!
Wow, if only I could help you break some lol. I have never even bought more than a case of anything before... I can't imagine breaking so many, must be fun!! =)
ChristianSaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
True, but Alaric (Matt Davis) played a big part in Season 3 and I would have loved to have his autograph for this set. He did sign for the previous sets though, so it's ok. Season 3 was his last season alive as a human. It's possible that he could appear in future sets as he returned a couple times in ghost form and as Silas. People who are big fans of the show typically really love him.
Danni, I should have stated more clearly that I only meant monetarily not a huge loss, as his auto's are typically $20-35. After BBT 5, I was more worried about Nina's auto not being in this set.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Danni, I should have stated more clearly that I only meant monetarily not a huge loss, as his auto's are typically $20-35. After BBT 5, I was more worried about Nina's auto not being in this set.

No worries! I understood what you meant.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Update: Daniel Gillies will not be participating in the set. (Misspelled everywhere by Cryptozoic)

So, 19 signers (20 even with Gillies) with an autograph set numbered to 21.

Autograph set holes A10 & A13.

If Gillies would have returned his cards there would still be an autograph missing...

EDIT: I have found the missing signer that Cryptozoic failed to put on their trading card page for this set...Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman* whom is listed here (http://cryptozoic.com/blogs/autograph-policy-revisions). Looks as if he will fail to make the set as well, leaving A10 & 13 unfilled.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-14-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #22 (permalink)

I know some of you have your cases already... Who else is breaking today tomorrow???
Old 03-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Tim

breaking four cases tomorrow and eight more cases this weekend.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'll be breaking 1 case for my personal collection. I may hit some of you guys up to fill in any holes in my set. I'll post my results with photos on Friday (release date).
Old 03-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Pre-orders are up on Cryptozoic's E-Store:

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Trading Cards

Quantity Available: 36