Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #26 (permalink)

Two others have signed their cards. The more cards that get returned, the less I expect Cryptozoic to get Mike, Saul, Tuco, Gale, Walt, Jesse, Hank, etc. to sign for this set though.

lane121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

Default Update

Signers/Gallery:

A3 RJ Mitte as Walter White, Jr. (3/24)

A7 Mark Margolis as Tio Salamanca (3/20)

A8 Michael Shamus Wiles as ASAC George Merkert (3/20)

A13 Larry Hankin as Old Joe (3/24)

A17 Jim Beaver as Lawson (3/26)

Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo "Gus" Fring*
Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader*
Christopher Cousins as Ted Beneke*
Matt Jones as Badger*
Tess Harper as Mrs. Pinkman*
Michael Bofshever as Mr. Pinkman*
Jere Burns as “Group Leader”*
Nigel Gibbs as Detective Tim Roberts*
Tina Parker as Francesca*
Michael Bowen as Uncle Jack*
Luis Moncada as Marco Salamanca*
Daniel Moncada as Leonel Salmanca*
Dean Norris as Hank Schrader*
David Costabile as Gale Boetticher*
Emily Rios as Andrea Cantillo*

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-27-2014 at 06:08 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:40 AM   #28 (permalink)

Cryptozoic should just delay this set until they get the major 4 characters to sign. There is no sense of rushing this set out, take the time and do it right. The show deserves that.
neon_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_tiger View Post
Cryptozoic should just delay this set until they get the major 4 characters to sign. There is no sense of rushing this set out, take the time and do it right. The show deserves that.
The set is delayed, it was supposed to come out last year. THE AUTOGRAPH CHECKLIST IS NOT COMPLETE

Cyrptozoic really made a mistake doing this contract/returned list of signers, because no one actually reads what they are doing and just assumes if the name is not on the list, there is no chance they will be in the set.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

I think people are nervous about the autograph list since Walter White Jr. is listed as A3. Generally the closer to A1 a character is, the more important they are to the show. I would imagine that Marie and Gus could be A1 and A2. Either way, with cards coming back signed and nothing new from Cryptozoic, it's not looking all that great for getting some of the bigger names from this show into this set. I know it's made me hold off on ordering product. But I also applaud Cryptozoic for being so forthcoming with information. Other companies (Upper Deck) love to release sell sheets with autographs they may or may not have yet. At least with Cryptozoic, you know who is in what product when you order it. If you placed an order for Breaking Bad and the current list is what we end up with, that's on you for being speculative. While it may hurt the product, it shows that Cryptozoic still cares about their customers.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I think people are nervous about the autograph list since Walter White Jr. is listed as A3. Generally the closer to A1 a character is, the more important they are to the show. I would imagine that Marie and Gus could be A1 and A2. Either way, with cards coming back signed and nothing new from Cryptozoic, it's not looking all that great for getting some of the bigger names from this show into this set. I know it's made me hold off on ordering product. But I also applaud Cryptozoic for being so forthcoming with information. Other companies (Upper Deck) love to release sell sheets with autographs they may or may not have yet. At least with Cryptozoic, you know who is in what product when you order it. If you placed an order for Breaking Bad and the current list is what we end up with, that's on you for being speculative. While it may hurt the product, it shows that Cryptozoic still cares about their customers.
There are still 5 cards in the checklist before Tio (A1-2, 4-6). You could assume Walter and Sklyer could be A1 and A2 (maybe their plan is to put the White family together?). Then Hank A4, Marie A5, Jesse A6.... and so on.

But I'd have to imagine Gus would rank higher on the checklist than those already listed. Hmm... Maybe Jesse would appear later in the list along with his mom and dad?

Last edited by dd316; 03-27-2014 at 02:56 PM.
dd316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #32 (permalink)

Jim Beaver returned his card, image added.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #33 (permalink)

If Jim Beaver is A17, there is at least 1 more signer not on the list yet.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

I will NEVER pre-order a Cryptozoic product again.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane121 View Post
If Jim Beaver is A17, there is at least 1 more signer not on the list yet.
That looks about right, hm.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I will NEVER pre-order a Cryptozoic product again.
Like I said, when people pre-ordered this product, they knew that there was a risk of some actors not signing. Cryptozoic could have put out a sell sheet that featured Cranston, Gunn, Paul, and Norris, but they didn't. Upper Deck has done that with Chris Evans (Captain America 2) and Scarlet Johanson (Avengers). Cryptozoic has always tried to do right by their customers, if people pre-ordered this thinking they would eventually land the main cast and they didn't, that's people's own fault for trying to gamble on that. This company has landed some heavy hitters in every product so I highly doubt they did not at least reach out to the main cast for inclusion into this set.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

I bet A1 is reserved for the Group Leader.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #38 (permalink)

I still have faith Crypto will get Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston. If approached for this card set, I can't see either of them saying no. Anytime one of the Hollywood tours of people comes by, Aaron Paul says he tries to make it outside everytime he's home to say hi and take pictures with fans. And he said that while being video tapped by one of the fans during the hollywood tour lol. He seems like such a nice guy who loves his fans, I can't see him not agreeing to sign some cards.

Bryan Cranston seems just as nice as well. Neither seem uptight or like they would turn down signing some auto cards. MAYBE they might be busy. But I can't think of anyone that would be so busy they couldn't take the time to sign their name on some cards.

We'll see
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #39 (permalink)

This is the video for anyone curious. Pretty neat. Would be awesome to just hang out with Aaron Paul lol
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Like I said, when people pre-ordered this product
I didn't pre-order this. I'm still pissed about Walking Dead Season 3 Part 1 being delayed half a year.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #41 (permalink)

Hi,
There were some names missing from the list. The website has been updated with this information.
There are 20 signers under contract so far and we are still trying for Gunn, Cranston and Paul. We've never indicated that these three were under contract, so I hope collectors don't feel mislead.
We strive for delivering accurate information as soon as possible. I hear and totally understand the frustrations of products releasing later than collectors thought. I work for a for-profit company, so trust me when I say our goals align to release good products as soon as possible. Delayed products hurt us and are frustrating to fans and collectors. No one wins. We strive to create the best collectibles possible, include unique and fun content, and deliver to fans and collectors as soon as possible.
There have been a lot of changes to our trading card team lately: George Nadeau is now an associate brand manager for DC Comics related properties (in addition to his duties to acquire art); Daniel Siskin joins the team as our new associate production manager; and, Cynthia Loyd-Peterson joins the team as our associate project manager. We have spent a lot of time addressing the issues causing delays--schedules have been re-templated, processes have been streamlined, workloads have been restructured--and all with the goal of bringing good collectibles to fans sooner.
Part of my absence from the message boards has been due to spending a lot more time focusing on these issues, covering for other roles during personnel changes, and trying to get the team up to speed. I hope to spend more time available on the boards for a while and look forward to communicating with all of you again.

Miranda
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
Hi,
There were some names missing from the list. The website has been updated with this information.
There are 20 signers under contract so far and we are still trying for Gunn, Cranston and Paul. We've never indicated that these three were under contract, so I hope collectors don't feel mislead.
We strive for delivering accurate information as soon as possible. I hear and totally understand the frustrations of products releasing later than collectors thought. I work for a for-profit company, so trust me when I say our goals align to release good products as soon as possible. Delayed products hurt us and are frustrating to fans and collectors. No one wins. We strive to create the best collectibles possible, include unique and fun content, and deliver to fans and collectors as soon as possible.
There have been a lot of changes to our trading card team lately: George Nadeau is now an associate brand manager for DC Comics related properties (in addition to his duties to acquire art); Daniel Siskin joins the team as our new associate production manager; and, Cynthia Loyd-Peterson joins the team as our associate project manager. We have spent a lot of time addressing the issues causing delays--schedules have been re-templated, processes have been streamlined, workloads have been restructured--and all with the goal of bringing good collectibles to fans sooner.
Part of my absence from the message boards has been due to spending a lot more time focusing on these issues, covering for other roles during personnel changes, and trying to get the team up to speed. I hope to spend more time available on the boards for a while and look forward to communicating with all of you again.

Miranda
Don't worry Miranda, Cryptozoic never mislead anyone. Like I said, you didn't create mock designs with Bryan, Aaron, or Anna, so anyone who pre-ordered based on those three being included only have themselves to be mad at. If they don't make it in, that's the gamble they took. Hopefully Cryptozoic knows that a lot of people appreciate how clear and transparent Cryptozoic has been regarding not only this release, but all releases since the introduction of your new autograph announcement policy. I think it took some guts since Cryptozoic only stood to lose sales as people waited for their favorite actor to sign for a product before ordering. I don't see Upper Deck, Topps, or Panini doing that. They'll put out sell sheet after sell sheet that includes misleading information and the dreaded, "Final product may vary" small-print type language.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #43 (permalink)

great to see Dean Norris on the list. Fingers crossed for Cranston, Paul & Gunn.
neon_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I didn't pre-order this. I'm still pissed about Walking Dead Season 3 Part 1 being delayed half a year.
That does suck, but I'd rather they release a good product in the end. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. Judging by some of the cards they released in the past few days, it should be.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
Hi,

Miranda
Thank you Miranda for your hard work.

The Non-Sports community here on Blowout looks forward to reading more about current and upcoming Cryptozoic releases!

Edit: Added the following signers to the above list -

Daniel Moncada as Leonel Salmanca*
Dean Norris as Hank Schrader*
David Costabile as Gale Boetticher*
Emily Rios as Andrea Cantillo*

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-27-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #46 (permalink)

The problem with the list of signers is not just the absence of the main stars, even the second tier characters are missing (Saul, Mike, etc). I couldn't pick half of those confirmed signers out of a line up and I certainly don't need a signed card from them.

I'm sure people will say not to buy them if you feel like that, but I would love to put money towards a well made set from one of the best shows in recent years.

I do appreciate Cryptozoic's honesty though.
poita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poita View Post
The problem with the list of signers is not just the absence of the main stars, even the second tier characters are missing (Saul, Mike, etc). I couldn't pick half of those confirmed signers out of a line up and I certainly don't need a signed card from them.
Boy, it really is hard to please everyone. OK, so Saul and Mike are missing. There are plenty of others listed that aren't the "Big 2" that I would certainly consider second tier. And if you can't pick them out of a lineup, maybe you need to watch the show again. One of the best thing about it was how well so many characters were defined and stood out. I'll admit, I don't remember Lawson from the show, but I can identify all the others.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #48 (permalink)

Announced signers in order of most episode appearances:

*Note 62 episodes is the total number of episodes spanning 5 seasons therefore the most any character can appear in.

RJ Mitte as Walter White, Jr. (62 episodes, 2008-2013)

Dean Norris as Hank Schrader (62 episodes, 2008-2013)

Betsy Brandt Marie Schrader (62 episodes, 2008-2013)

Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo 'Gus' Fring (26 episodes, 2009-2011)

Christopher Cousins as Ted Beneke (13 episodes, 2009-2012)

Matt Jones as Badger (12 episodes, 2008-2013)

Michael Shamus Wiles as ASAC George Merkert (11 episodes, 2009-2012)

Tina Parker as Francesca (9 episodes, 2009-2013)

Emily Rios as Andrea Cantillo (9 episodes, 2010-2013)

Mark Margolis as Tio Salamanca (8 episodes, 2009-2011)

Michael Bowen as Uncle Jack (7 episodes, 2012-2013)

David Costabile as Gale Boetticher (7 episodes, 2010-2011)

Daniel Moncada as Leonel Salamanca (7 episodes, 2010-2011)

Luis Moncada as Marco Salamanca (5 episodes, 2010)

Nigel Gibbs as APD Detective Tim Roberts (4 episodes, 2009-2011)

Jere Burns as Group Leader (4 episodes, 2010-2011)

Tess Harper as Mrs. Pinkman (4 episodes, 2008-2010)

Michael Bofshever as Mr. Pinkman (3 episodes, 2008-2010)

Larry Hankin as Old Joe (2 episodes, 2010-2012)

Jim Beaver as Lawson (2 episodes, 2011-2012)

Full list of cast per episode can be found here:
Breaking Bad (TV Series 2008?2013) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 03-28-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #49 (permalink)
Tim

I'd rather a product be delayed a year if it ends up getting the proper autograph lineup!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #50 (permalink)

Smooth as Glass Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Card News from Non-Sport Update

Smooth as Glass

Written By: Alan Biegel March 24

AMC-TV’s Breaking Bad is the subject of a new trading card release coming from Cryptozoic Entertainment. In spite of its bleak theme of drug dealing, deception, brutal murder, and terminal cancer, audiences identify with the show’s meth-cooking anti-heroes, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) and Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul). “I think we are drawn to these characters because they aren’t perfect,” said CEZ’s spokesperson, Miranda Charsky. “Maybe there are pieces of ourselves that are drawn to the idea of saying, ‘I’m just gonna do what I want.’ I think that was a really important moment in the finale: when Walt finally admits why he really did everything. Everyone I talk to about the show loves Jesse. I think we all see this part of him that is actually good, and he so desperately wants to be happy, but is just too easily manipulated by Walt.”

While the Breaking Bad card product will not reference any of the pre-Season Two minisodes, it will provide in-depth coverage of all five aired seasons. Although sketch cards are not part of the package and only one promo card was used to herald the set (distributed exclusively in the Dec ‘13/ Jan ’14 issue of Non-Sport Update), Breaking Bad Trading Cards will include a big selection of chase, wardrobe, prop, and autograph cards. “The autograph acquisition process is definitely the most difficult aspect of every set,” Charsky admitted. “In going through the process we start with a list of talent we would like to approach for autographs. This list is vetted through the studio (legal, publicity, producers) before we will pass off to our attorney to reach out to representation. Only certain actors will have likeness rights in their contract for merchandise, usually the main cast for each season. In order to include guest or reoccurring actors in the set we must obtain likeness rights ourselves. This is why non-main cast members are infrequently included in the imagery. By the time we have finalized contracts, the rest of the cards have been approved, and it is extremely time-intensive to add them back in to the cards. Trading card autographs are a really important service for fans—it is a way to deliver authentic autographs through an officially licensed product. Most of the actors we work with get this idea, and we have been really lucky to acquire autographs from some of the hottest stars on television right now: Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Jim Parsons, Jim Galecki, Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, Leonard Nimoy, George Takei, and the list just goes on and on. Some of the contracts take a long time to get, but persistence pays off!” When all is said and done, CZE hopes these transactions will go just like Walter and Jesse’s cooked methamphetamine—smooth as glass.

For all the deadly details on Breaking Bad Trading Cards, pick up the current April/May ’14 issue of Non-Sport Update magazine.