Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I'd rather a product be delayed a year if it ends up getting the proper autograph lineup!
Nothing wrong with that Tim. I just don't like my money tied up that long for nothing.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #52 (permalink)

Signers/Gallery:

A3 RJ Mitte as Walter White, Jr. (3/24)

Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo "Gus" Fring (4/3)

A7 Mark Margolis as Tio Salamanca (3/20)

A8 Michael Shamus Wiles as ASAC George Merkert (3/20)

A9 Daniel Moncada as Leonel Salmanca (3/31)

A10 Luis Moncada as Marco Salamanca (3/31)

A12 Nigel Gibbs as Detective Tim Roberts (4/1)

A13 Larry Hankin as Old Joe (3/24)

A14 Michael Bowen as Uncle Jack (4/2)

A15 Emily Rios as Andrea Cantillo (3/31)

A16 Tina Parker as Francesca (3/28)

A17 Jim Beaver as Lawson (3/26)

A19 Michael Bofshever as Mr. Pinkman (3/31)

Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader*
Christopher Cousins as Ted Beneke*
Matt Jones as Badger*
Tess Harper as Mrs. Pinkman*
Jere Burns as “Group Leader”*
Dean Norris as Hank Schrader*
David Costabile as Gale Boetticher*

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 04-03-2014 at 06:58 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #53 (permalink)

Couple more cards returned:

lane121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #54 (permalink)

Signers Daniel Moncada; Luis Moncada; Nigel Gibbs; Emily Rios; & Michael Bofshever returned their cards, imaged added.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #55 (permalink)

I'd like to do a box or two, but maybe it's just me, if I'm going to spend $95 for a box, I'd be devastated at pulling someone like Jim Beaver. Good actor, know him from other roles, but doesn't identify at all with Breaking Bad, barely saw him with little impact.

Maybe I'm not aware, but why is it at that price instead of $55-$70?

Last edited by xbignick; 04-01-2014 at 10:07 PM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:59 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I'd like to do a box or two, but maybe it's just me, if I'm going to spend $95 for a box, I'd be devastated at pulling someone like Jim Beaver. Good actor, know him from other roles, but doesn't identify at all with Breaking Bad, barely saw him with little impact.

Maybe I'm not aware, but why is it at that price instead of $55-$70?
Might be cause Cryptozoic is doing just the one set that's covering all the seasons of Breaking Bad; Unlike some other shows, where they do seasons 1-3, then 3-4, for some releases.

I bet the wardrobe and prop cards will sell well. I'm really surprised they were able to land Dean Norris. I would have thought he would be the most difficult person to get to sign for this set actually. Definitely wanna pick one of those up. It would be amazing if they could get Walt, Jesse, and Skyler under contract. I do admire Cryptozoic for being so forthright with collectors though.

What do y'all think a Dean Norris Autograph will sell?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #57 (permalink)

^He's talking about why is BO's price in the $90 range as a preorder. Which is just like any other release (like Walking Dead), if BO thinks the sets going to be hot they'll increase the price and profit off it. Sucks for the buyers, but can't blame BO for wanting more money. Gotta recoop money on some of the garbage sets that are released and don't sell.

Can still find preorders for individual boxes in the $60 range on some sites. I'm sure the prices will slowly raise though once release date gets here.

Crypto's price on boxes are always $85 a box whether it's just one season or a whole show.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
if I'm going to spend $95 for a box, I'd be devastated at pulling someone like Jim Beaver.
This is a gamble we all take on every card set.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #59 (permalink)

Signer Michael Bowen returned his card, image added.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #60 (permalink)

GUS! Giancarlo Esposito returned his card. A4. If I had to guess, I'd say Hank and Marie are going to be A1 and A2.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #61 (permalink)

Thank god Mr. Pinkman returned his cards. Now I can finally get my case ordered
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #62 (permalink)

While north of $90 is a bit steep of a price for this set, I'm still interested in trying a box or two given my love for this show. If they can land Cranston and Paul in a last minute hail Mary, great. If they can't, I feel that's out of Cryptozoic's hands. Either way, there are some nice cards in the set that I'd love to pick up. Walt Jr., Marie, Hank, Gus, Ted, Badger, Tio, and Andrea are all characters I'd like to pick up either in a box or online.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
GUS! Giancarlo Esposito returned his card. A4.

Updated, thanks.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #64 (permalink)

Retailers are most likely adjusting prices on the hot products to make up for the lesser known products they have to buy in order to qualify for the nicer stuff.

I watched Breaking Bad religiously, all five seasons, every week, HUGE fan and I don't remember half of those people. I guess it's out of sight, out of mind for me.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I watched Breaking Bad religiously, all five seasons, every week, HUGE fan and I don't remember half of those people. I guess it's out of sight, out of mind for me.
That is where I am at as well. I watched every episode twice and it is my favorite series to date. However, George Merkert, Tim Roberts, Old Joe, Mr and Mrs Pinkman, Francesca???, and Lawson never cross my mind when I think back to the show. They are irrelevant names to have in a trading card set for this show. Why not include some autographs of customers who got their car detailed at Walt's car wash, or maybe the busboy at Los Pollos Hermanos If you cant get all the big names I would rather have a small list of signers who had key rolls.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #66 (permalink)

if i were Cryptozoic I would just keep delaying this set until you can get the big 3 to sign. I feel bad for people who locked in their pre-orders and have their money tied up in this product. I really want to lock in a case but with the current signers list i just can't see the value.
neon_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
That is where I am at as well. I watched every episode twice and it is my favorite series to date. However, George Merkert, Tim Roberts, Old Joe, Mr and Mrs Pinkman, Francesca???, and Lawson never cross my mind when I think back to the show. They are irrelevant names to have in a trading card set for this show. Why not include some autographs of customers who got their car detailed at Walt's car wash, or maybe the busboy at Los Pollos Hermanos If you cant get all the big names I would rather have a small list of signers who had key rolls.
Would you rather have what we're getting so far, or a guaranteed "big 3" auto per box at $1000 per box? This is a standard release - it's got some good names and some whozits. There's a lot of real unwarranted negativity towards this set.

There are definitely signers in here who had key roles.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #68 (permalink)

When people went ahead and pre-ordered it, that was the gamble they took. Cryptozoic never said Cranston or Paul would be in the set. I agree with Ted, if people want to wait another year and pay substantially more per box, I'm sure that could be arranged. Cryptozoic paid for the license and they have the right to get out of it what they can rather than sit on it and wait. Maybe down the line they can revisit Breaking Bad and get everyone in that product.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Maybe down the line they can revisit Breaking Bad and get everyone in that product.
I had mentioned this before. Who's to say there won't be more BB sets? Andrew Lincoln didn't sign for the first Walking Dead set and nobody seemed to mind.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #70 (permalink)

Honestly, I'd rather it be delayed till they get the big three too. I may end up busting a box once it releases, and we know the complete list of signers. Depending on who they get I might try to complete a master set. I just don't see how they could have a complete Breaking Bad release without getting Walt and Jesse to sign. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #71 (permalink)

If the "top 3" sign...
- If I buy a few boxes, I have a slim to none chance of getting ONE of their autos (or even one of the "top 10")
- If I go the eBay route, they will be priced out of my range

So for me, whether they sign or not, I most likely wouldn't have any of them in my collection
Old 04-04-2014, 02:10 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I had mentioned this before. Who's to say there won't be more BB sets? Andrew Lincoln didn't sign for the first Walking Dead set and nobody seemed to mind.
The first WD set was one of who knows how many sets. There was ample time for Lincoln to sign, which is how it has panned out.

This is a BB set covering all 5 seasons. Whats left to cover?.

For what its worth, its not just the "Big 3" missing, its probably 8 of the 12 most important characters not there. So 4 notables and a bunch of bit players /nobodies signing at this stage.
poita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:38 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poita View Post
The first WD set was one of who knows how many sets. There was ample time for Lincoln to sign, which is how it has panned out.

This is a BB set covering all 5 seasons. Whats left to cover?.

For what its worth, its not just the "Big 3" missing, its probably 8 of the 12 most important characters not there. So 4 notables and a bunch of bit players /nobodies signing at this stage.
I agree, and there are a few more signers I'd like to see other than the "big three" too. Mike, Saul, and Tuco to name a few. I'd be thrilled if they got them all, but at this point I'm just hoping they'll be able to add Walt, Jesse, and Skyler.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #74 (permalink)

Wonder if they got this guy to sign for the SOA set-
Old 04-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Would you rather have what we're getting so far, or a guaranteed "big 3" auto per box at $1000 per box? This is a standard release - it's got some good names and some whozits. There's a lot of real unwarranted negativity towards this set.

There are definitely signers in here who had key roles.
I don't care if anything is guaranteed. As a fan of the series I want a trading card set that captures the show and in my opinion the majority of these signers do not. Like I said, I would rather have the autographs be of key characters if only inserted at a few per case. If you cannot get everyone to sign that is fine, but don't dilute it with people who were in 2 episodes out of the 5 seasons and only appeared for less than a minute or two. My argument is not that the set will be a failure if Walt and Jesse don't sign, it is simply don't pick out actors who are familiar from other shows and add there autographs in this release just for the hell of it.

Basically at this point I am more excited for the base set/inserts/prop cards than the autos.