Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Heroes Volume 2

Info is coming out and while I don't expect many people here to be excited after buyers were almost universally burned by season 1 I gotta admit TOPPS at least "appears" to be making an effort to correct things. Like others, the costume card fiasco from season 1 ticked me off and TOPPS releases after that were even worse, LOTR Masterpieces 2 had thousands of garbage Waterhouse (and others) sketches, damaged sketches and dud boxes, which TOPPS tried mightily to squirm out of any resonsibility for, then Indiana Jones Heritage had the same junk sketches, some damaged sketches and way more dud boxes with the added bones of massive over-production. I, and many others slammed TOPPS on other boards and maybe they were actually reading the complaints, for Heroes 2 they put some interesting info on the latest sell sheets:

1- Autos, costumes and sketches will be inserted at EQUAL ratios. So this time half the boxes won't have the same costume card in it.

2- Hobby exclusive in big bold lettering is being touted and specifically mentions it WON'T be at Target, Wall-Mart and Toys-R-Us.

3- The 1 sketch, auto or memorabilia card per box is "GUARANTEED". If you get a dud box they can't hide behind the old standby excuse "odds are only guaranteed over the entire production, not within an individual box".

They've sucked me in again and I've locked in for 2 cases. Heck, I'm hoping maybe orders will be light for this if topps prints to order.

Memorabilia (Hobby Exclusive!)
Features show-worn costumes including Claire’s California cheerleading uniform, Peter’s flannel shirt, Nathans’s dress shirt, HRG’s dress shirt, Monica’s fast food uniform, Maya’s tank top, Hiro’s sweater, Sylar’s jacket, West’s sweater and Elle’s blouse!

Autographs (Hobby Exclusive!).
New cast members signing include Ali Larter (Niki Sanders), Dana Davis (Monica Dawson), David Anders (Adam Monroe), Adair Tishler (Molly Walker), Jimmy Jean-Louis (The Haitian), Ashley Crowe (Sandra Bennet), Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli), Stephen Tobolowsky (Bob Bishop), Nicholas D’Agosto (West Rosen)… plus other key cast members!*
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

My local dealer e-mailed me yesterday as he was putting in his orders for this. I took a chance and went with 3 cases.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
My local dealer e-mailed me yesterday as he was putting in his orders for this. I took a chance and went with 3 cases.
Yup, my dealer said they had to have their orders in by the 24th so I decided to pull the trigger. At least the case price was the same as pre-orders for season 1 which isn't bad
Old 04-28-2008, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Please dont promote other dealers on these boards!!! - MOD
heroeslost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

sorry about that I apologize I'm new to the forum.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

If I buy 2-3 cases, is there any way that I can get a discount from buying multiple cases?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Call Blowout and ask them for a price on 3 cases.

Chris Park - 703-421-9145

Collecting DREW STANTON auto's, patches, and low numbered cards!!! PM me!
swjedi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have some new information about the volume 2 trading cards. Each 8 box case will contain 1 hot box. The hot box will contain the regular insert card + an additional Memorabilia card. Here is the link where I got the information from.
Heroes TV | Heroes on NBC
Old 05-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

I've started compiling a list of the sketch artists and the numbers they did for this set. So far I have:

Jake Minor-
Otto Dieffenbach- 206
Jason Sobol- 308
Michael Duron-
Bryan Morton- 200
Randy Siplon- 103
Jeff Chandler- 200
Katie Cook- 100
Cynthia Cummens-
Kevin Graham- 103
Jamie Snell- 206
Dan Cooney-
Chris Henderson-
Jeremy Treece- 100
James Bukauskas-
Old 05-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Updated list, up to 20 artists with most of the numbers included:

Bryan Morton- 206
Chris Henderson-
Cynthia Cummens-103
Dan Cooney-
Ingrid Hardy- 106
Jake Minor-
Jamie Snell- 206
James Bukauskas-
Jason Sobol- 308
Jeff Chandler- 200
Jeremy Treece- 100
Jim Kyle- 206
John Watkins-Chow- 103
Katie Cook- 100
Kevin Graham- 103
Leah Mangue- 206
Michael Duron- 206
Noah Albrecht-
Otto Dieffenbach- 206
Randy Siplon- 103
Old 05-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Another update. Adding Matthew Minor (Jake Minor's brother) and filling in the number for Dan Cooney.

Bryan Morton- 206
Chris Henderson-
Cynthia Cummens-103
Dan Cooney- 1050
Ingrid Hardy- 106
Jake Minor-
Jamie Snell- 206
James Bukauskas-
Jason Sobol- 308
Jeff Chandler- 200
Jeremy Treece- 100
Jim Kyle- 206
John Watkins-Chow- 103
Katie Cook- 100
Kevin Graham- 103
Leah Mangue- 206
Matthew Minor- 129
Michael Duron- 206
Noah Albrecht-
Otto Dieffenbach- 206
Randy Siplon- 103

Here are some sample Dan Cooney posted.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Those aren't that bad of sketches, especially considering he did over 1000. That will lower the value of his cards.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroeslost View Post
Those aren't that bad of sketches, especially considering he did over 1000. That will lower the value of his cards.
Generally speaking, unless an artist posts all their sketches the ones they do post tend to be among the better ones. Not always of course, some like to post a nice cross section but with over 1000 sketches I don't think the % of full color will be high but I'm pretty confident he can do decent work for the numbers involved, he won't be pulling a "Waterhouse" for this set. I trust his work enough that I'm buying one of his returned sketches, a full color Elle from the scene where she is poolside in a bikini.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

The Artwork that has been posted is pretty awesome and i am really looking forward to the release as a novice(Heroes only) sketch card collector.To find Sean Pence in again has me hopefully in for 2 boxes,my first!

I'm also in for 1 of Dans return cards, a Claire :-)
crazykc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Just to let you guys know somebody already broke open one of their cases and put it on ebay It looks like he had a pretty good case break. Just look up topps heroes, then newly listed to see.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

I have seen about 6 cases that have been opened on other sites, and most of them have had around 1-2 dud boxes, and 1-2 hot boxes. There was also a case with 5 costume cards, 2 sketches, and 0 autographs. On the plus side there was a case that had 1 hiro costume, 1 dual costume with peter and hiro, 4 sketches, and 2 autographs 1 of david anders, and 1 of Ali Larter. So as of right now theres not telling what were going to get. Hopefully topps will honor their guaranteed 9 hits per case, to those who get less.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

On another site the odds were posted, here they are.
Foil Cards 1:3
Autographs 1:72
Dual Autograph 1:9610
Sketches 1:72
Costumes 1:72
Dual Costume 1:880
Auto/Costume 1:3760

Also someone opened 2 cases and got 27 hits including 16 autographs, so who knows what are in the other cases.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

My first case:

3 sketch
2 costume
1 auto
2 dud boxes
0 hot boxes

My other cases are not getting opened after that. Just terrible.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

wow... Make sure you send those dud boxes to topps. I'm not sure what info you need.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

On the nonsportcards board, many complaints have come in about dud boxes. A Topps spokesman did respond and said that they will honor the 9 hits per case and to send in your box UPCs, packs, and receipt and they will make good on it.

I'm still waiting on my 9 missing autos from a Topps Chrome case.

Best Wishes,
Daniel
nbalinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default I'll take a shot...

Just ordered 4 boxes from Blowout. I opened a case of Season One so I at least want to complete some sets of 1 & 2.
The reports so far made me shy away from a full case. I feel secure the 4 boxes from Blowout are random compared to using unknown eBay sellers. I'll report here when I open them.

Best to All,
Vinny
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

The weird thing is there are nearly as many reports of super loaded cases. 1 guy got 27 hits in 2 cases, including 16 autographs, another guy had 14 hits in 1 case. It looks like it's going to be feast or famine this time.

Here's the post TOPPS made at the NSU board regarding this situation:

"Hey Guys,

I don't know what exactly is going on with the cases that you're breaking, but rest assured we are trying to figure out what exactly is going on with the collation. Let me also point out that because of the lengths we went to in keeping this set balanced, we are just as disturbed by this as all of you are. We've made the effort to narrow down the amount of costume material you should be getting. With that said there were equal amounts of all 3 commissioned and inserted.

On the flyer, we guaranteed that you will get 9 hits per case and we stand by that. If you get stiffed, save your UPCs as you've been doing and send them in. We will notify Consumer Relations of the situation to minimize any confusion. It's important to us that you are all happy with what you purchase, especially with today's economy. I will monitor this thread and try to resolve any problems that arise.

Also, I believe the Helix was completed by Daniel Cooney, as Ryan Waterhouse did not participate in the Heroes Volume 2 set.

Thanks
David Waldeck
Editor–Entertainment/Licensing
The Topps Company Inc,."
Old 07-03-2008, 01:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

For me I don't really mind that there are some dud cases, or extremely hot cases. If I do get a few dud boxes, I'll just send them in to topps, and I'll get what I deserve. But if i get a really hot case I could more than double the value of what I paid for. Not to mention probably some sweet hits.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

I opened a case and got 1 auto, 1 sketch and 3 costume cards. Very Brutal
fsu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

I just got my 2 cases today and so far so good. I've opened half of my first case and as of right now I think that it is the best break yet compared to the other posts. The best thing is I still have 4 more boxes in that case. So far all of my boxes have been hot boxes, with at least 1 auto in it. I'll post what I have when I finish breaking the other boxes.