Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Marvel Masterpieces

Anyone ever done these types of cards as a rip and list? I am a closet comic book fan and have always liked the marvel card sets but never done anything like a case on cards like these.
kirkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

If this is anything like Complete Avengers, practically all of your return will be based on the sketch cards.

Non-sport collectors will rip through this like a hot knife through butter, so the base sets will be worthless, and the insert sets will flood eBay within a day or two.

As an even further downside, Upper Deck has confirmed that they did not require color sketches, so there will be some pencil sketches out there. I think there are something like 200 artists included in the set, too, so that makes it pretty difficult to pull a sketch from one of the top artists.

Even though I like the Marvel characters better, I'd go with DC Legacy over Marvel Masterpieces, because 1) you're guaranteed a color sketch, and 2) DC Legacy isn't UD.
PalmTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah one of my concerns was the large number of base sets you would end up with at 36 packs/box and 7 cards/pack and at 90 cards a base set you are looking at one base set per box at least.

Who knows maybe I'll just get a box for my own collection.

You can search the web for 2007 master pieces sketch cards and a lot of artists have posted their sketch cards. Even the black and white sketches look kewl.
kirkoff is offline   Reply With Quote