Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to FlashKV0785
Default Where to sell bulk hits??

Is there a best place to sell hits in bulk?

I've listed one thread here. I figure ebay will never pick up all the hits in a search. I just want to sell a ton from different sets, at a discount :P No time to sell individually - and I need more funds for the next marvel premier break!
FlashKV0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashKV0785 View Post
Is there a best place to sell hits in bulk?

I've listed one thread here. I figure ebay will never pick up all the hits in a search. I just want to sell a ton from different sets, at a discount :P No time to sell individually - and I need more funds for the next marvel premier break!
Put them in the non-sports card buy/sell/trade section.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post
Put them in the non-sports card buy/sell/trade section.
Per the first sentence.. I listed in one thread here already.. lol. Ty though
Old 12-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Per the first sentence.. I listed in one thread here already.. lol. Ty though
Sorry, bad headache. Not reading well.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Your prices are high on your lots for most people. Most people who buy lots/bulk are looking to break up and resell. So I think you are better off selling singles to get top dollar.
Wolf8MeVillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default My 2 cents...

You also have the lots mixed which limits you greatly. I might like the GOTs stuff but could care less about the other stuff mixed in. Might want to rethink the structure.

IMHO,
VinnyH
PS: I'm not in the market for those particular GOT cards
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf8MeVillie View Post
Your prices are high on your lots for most people. Most people who buy lots/bulk are looking to break up and resell. So I think you are better off selling singles to get top dollar.
Yea if $229 is cheap, I'd hate to see expensive! :O
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf8MeVillie View Post
I checked Ebay, and took about 20-40% off every card's lowest price I found. I thought it would be a big enough discount :/. Having priced each card, I made each lot have the same estimated value, so a reseller could buy a lot and make, if lucky 50% on the investment.

How cheap do they have to be to sell bulk?
Old 12-21-2014, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'd say I've seen bulk lots go from maybe 50-150 on here. Most lost make cards like $3 a piece or something. Maybe try doing them by set, you get more interest. Someone might want all the marvel or got. The 4400 stuff isn't worth much. Maybe $5 an auto at best is my guess.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

Big thing is to put like stuff together.

I think if you separated out the Serkis & Coster-Waldau you wouldn't have trouble moving those.

I wouldn't worry about including base in a lot. Most people have or don't want that as it just can drive up shipping.

Good luck!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
I'd say I've seen bulk lots go from maybe 50-150 on here. Most lost make cards like $3 a piece or something. Maybe try doing them by set, you get more interest. Someone might want all the marvel or got. The 4400 stuff isn't worth much. Maybe $5 an auto at best is my guess.
I agree, it'll probably be easier to move them if they were grouped by set. Someone might be willing to take on the extra cards if it's from something they like.

Good luck
80s Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s Showtime View Post
I agree, it'll probably be easier to move them if they were grouped by set. Someone might be willing to take on the extra cards if it's from something they like.

Good luck
I think i'll do that - maybe tomorrow. Also I actually didn't price out the 4400 stuff at all. I just threw it in for free haha.

I've got too many requests for single cards, so i'll just have to do it the hard way I suppose
Old 12-21-2014, 02:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I checked Ebay, and took about 20-40% off every card's lowest price I found. I thought it would be a big enough discount :/. Having priced each card, I made each lot have the same estimated value, so a reseller could buy a lot and make, if lucky 50% on the investment.

How cheap do they have to be to sell bulk?
Are you looking at asking or selling prices when doing your research? I will buy a mixed bag any day as long as I can see potential. From looking at the non Marvel Retro cards in several lots, there is no chance at making money.

When buying in bulk, most folks would need to think that they can get $450-$500 on a $300 investment, otherwise it isn't worth the time after eBay fees.

Best of luck to you on your sales.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Are you looking at asking or selling prices when doing your research? I will buy a mixed bag any day as long as I can see potential. From looking at the non Marvel Retro cards in several lots, there is no chance at making money.

When buying in bulk, most folks would need to think that they can get $450-$500 on a $300 investment, otherwise it isn't worth the time after eBay fees.

... Spending 500, and profiting 500? Or spending 300, and selling for 500?
Old 12-21-2014, 02:47 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

That's important too. You have to price them at sold ebay prices. Not the listed prices. The listed ones are usually way over value and sit there forever. Completed listings give a more accurate depiction in price. Pretty sure he meant the profits would be 150-200. If you mark them down 20% only that will barely cover ebay and PayPal fees plus shipping everything separate. If you sell them separate you'll make more because people will pay more for singles they need.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

Buying at $300 and selling for $500. As a seller, I need to be able to look at a group and see exactly where I am recouping my investment from and where my profit margin is.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Buying at $300 and selling for $500. As a seller, I need to be able to look at a group and see exactly where I am recouping my investment from and where my profit margin is.
I see. I thought pricing 20-40% below the lowest cost current asking price would present fairly.

And where would what i'm selling on the buy/sell thread fall in terms of cost - to a reseller as yourself?

Best,
Kurt
Old 12-21-2014, 04:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I see. I thought pricing 20-40% below the lowest cost current asking price would present fairly.

And where would what i'm selling on the buy/sell thread fall in terms of cost - to a reseller as yourself?

Best,
Kurt
It's fair. Especially if someone wants the cards for their PC, it's just not worthwhile for resellers. Hence why you could make more selling individually. If individual prices are 20-40% below ebay, you probably wouldn't have much trouble selling at all. You could always do smaller groups, or a limit they need to spend for you to do business if you really don't want to sell singles.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
, or a limit they need to spend for you to do business if you really don't want to sell singles.
I like that idea. Makes it atleast worthwhile for me to package a ship. I take great care in packing, and don't live near a post office. That couples with a 12 hour/day career.. I don't have much time to do it.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I like that idea. Makes it atleast worthwhile for me to package a ship. I take great care in packing, and don't live near a post office. That couples with a 12 hour/day career.. I don't have much time to do it.
You shouldn't have to go to the post office if you can keep the packages under 13 oz. Do all the shipping through PayPal (multi-order shipping tool) and drop them in a mail box on your way, at your office, or leave them for the postal worker to pick up from your mailbox (not my favorite)
Old 12-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

Individual is the way to go. I got hosed a few times selling lots. BY A LOT! Unless you wanna give em away, singles is the way to go! More work but A LOT more money, it all depends how wealthy you are I guess
Old 12-22-2014, 12:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
You shouldn't have to go to the post office if you can keep the packages under 13 oz. Do all the shipping through PayPal (multi-order shipping tool) and drop them in a mail box on your way, at your office, or leave them for the postal worker to pick up from your mailbox (not my favorite)
Guess I never thought of that.. That would work. Now I need to find a best place to buy bulk packing materials. I guess I'll just sell individually from now on. Slowly but surely.. and seems I have 8 people who want them individual anywho.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Guess I never thought of that.. That would work. Now I need to find a best place to buy bulk packing materials. I guess I'll just sell individually from now on. Slowly but surely.. and seems I have 8 people who want them individual anywho.
9 if you want to pm me on your Game of Thrones autos
mikeysleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #24 (permalink)

Buy the material online. Either ebay or uline
Old 12-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Just an example! I just bought a bunch of lots. One of the lots cost me $8. One card alone in that lot will get me at least $25-30. That leaves me with 15 other inserts parallels and autograph cards to sell. The guy just wanted to move the stuff and was thankful for the bids. But he didn't list the auction well at all.