Blowout Cards Forums
pokemon buying

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 03:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Did any one ever pull this card?

Just wondering if anyone knows if any of the got redeemed
https://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...eroes-legends/

lucky4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

I've been watching for these cards since that product released. There have been multiple threads on this forum and other places asking about them. I've never seen anything posted anywhere about one being hit.

While it's possible they haven't been pulled, or they've been pulled and went straight into a collection, it seems unlikely that none have surfaced. You'd expect at least one to show up on ebay or to be posted on a forum to show it off... but nothing.

Also other hits from this product seemed slow to show up, if they did at all... the bronze/silver/gold medal cards, historic cuts, Thorpe relics.

I'm very skeptical that these cards were ever packed into the product. Something just isn't right about this.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

They clearly made the 4 cards. If they were backdoored or whatever you may be thinking, they most certainly would've ended up on Ebay.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

They would be worth a small fortune not to menton the historical value.
dragonjss39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

wow, thats an amazing card!!
Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

just FYI... could've done with a bump:

Anyone know if Eisenhower was ever pulled?
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
They clearly made the 4 cards. If they were backdoored or whatever you may be thinking, they most certainly would've ended up on Ebay.
I don't doubt they were made... I just don't believe they were packed.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

There is so much unopened boxes still out there. The other big site has over 15 hobby cases and numerous variations of retail packs available. But just how much did panini make of this...reminds me of 2008 Indiana Jones Heritage...seemingly an endless supply of unopened material. There was huge hits like Spielberg and Harrison Ford Autos, but the odds of pulling one was crazy slim.
Bum Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

I bought a couple cases of this stuff recently hoping I would hit the redemption, but no luck. I wonder how many cases were produced?
Old 03-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBace View Post
I bought a couple cases of this stuff recently hoping I would hit the redemption, but no luck. I wonder how many cases were produced?
What do you think your return on investment would be if you sold the hits from the cases? Just curious as taking the gamble of trying to pull an Eisenhower and missing would be lessened if you could recoup some of your money back.
Bum Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hi,just want you guys know that I have pulled a hit yesterday. So happy!!

yashiro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Nice hit, congrats! Plus, it looks like someone finally hit one of the Eisenhower's a couple of weeks ago, so the big hits are in there!
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default At least 1 Eisenhower Star pulled

2012 Panini Americana Heroes & Legends Info, Reviews, Boxes for Sale

2 May 2015 Review towards bottom
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Is that the one that was pulled here or second of the four?
Old 05-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

What an amazing card. Dream card to hit. I can't even imagine hitting something like that.
jam92102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Is that the one that was pulled here or second of the four?
it is from the guy here, he told me he pulled a bush auto in a pm.

nice dempsey pull! didn't know they had cut autos in this. a thorpe or john glenn would be neat.

Last edited by patchgenie; 05-19-2015 at 10:09 PM.
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

https://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...ster-and-more/
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

WOW. That's amazing. I'm surprised and impressed.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

16 box hobby cases are avb on another site for $540. Someone could do a case break of 48 spots for about $12 per spot.
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelan1 View Post
16 box hobby cases are avb on another site for $540. Someone could do a case break of 48 spots for about $12 per spot.
I saw that. Honestly $540 is cheap enough I was thinking of taking a stab at it myself...a break would be fun though.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:26 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
it is from the guy here, he told me he pulled a bush auto in a pm.
I'm the guy who found the Eisenhower that Panini shows as being sent during the last week of May on the posted update. They sent me the Ike #'d 2/4 (I showed it off in its own thread elsewhere on this board, along with the reverse side of it, which I hadn't yet seen posted anywhere online).

I really wouldn't be surprised if another of these was found soon. Now that we're sure they're in there, and with prices for sealed where they are, these must be selling a little more if only on the increased feelings of having a shot at finding one, which has the effect of increasing the likelihood that someone actually does find one.
(My girlfriend saw the Ike I got today and now she wants a few 2012 boxes to open herself, and this despite her, like many women, not really being all that much into cards, haha.)

I've bought this line in its various permutations off and on since the Donruss days, but I finally got my first two hobby boxes of the 2012 edition earlier this year and found a George H.W. Bush auto #41/41 (also his presidential "number", I think) in one of those, but I was pretty happy with the other stuff that was in the pair, even if they hadn't held such a nice auto, and that was when they were about $45.

Seeing them at $34, I got a third one month ago, and it had the Ike Redemption (and again, the rest of it held stuff that was worth more than $34 to me, so I was very happy with that, to say the least). And now, 4 weeks to the day I redeemed it, I have the real card, so it's been just a great experience from start to finish. Thanks, Panini!

I've actually picked up a fourth box since then, and must admit that I was mildly disappointed that it didn't have a US President autograph in it, but then reminded myself that a 50% success rate in that regard (as of this writing) is still not too shabby.

Last edited by jdandns; 05-29-2015 at 03:35 AM.
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #22 (permalink)

Are "Cut" autographs actually more valuable and desirable than full signature autographed items, the very items that the card companies destroy to make these cards?

I'd personally rather have a signed item than a cut autograph card, mainly because

1) Often times the cut autograph is trimmed where part of the signature is actually missing to accommodate the 2.5" x 3.5" trading card size and mat window frame the signature is placed in.

2) I'm not sure if the cut signature is secured with any adhesive on the back or the medium of the card itself and how it's put together would have negative long term effects on the cut signature piece.

3) Most of the card designs are fairly lackluster.

4) I feel the card companies are printing money and 'tho calling it a limited edition whether 1 of 1 or whatever, it's pure marketing and the scarcity is created to give the illusion of bigger value than what it actually is or should be worth.

5) Most of the cut autograph cards, especially of deceased celebrities the quality of the autograph is lackluster in either completeness as noted above or ink density. I'd rather hunt for a better "prime" example of an autograph on an index card, photograph or document in it's full sized glory.

6) It's widely known that the trading card companies purchase their autographs from whom them deem reliable sources. There's been scandals of major sports card companies buying what was touted as game used Derek Jeter jerseys only to have them not be. I could easily see a card company having/using autographs that are not authentic.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat Monsters View Post
Are "Cut" autographs actually more valuable and desirable than full signature autographed items, the very items that the card companies destroy to make these cards?

I'd personally rather have a signed item than a cut autograph card, mainly because

1) Often times the cut autograph is trimmed where part of the signature is actually missing to accommodate the 2.5" x 3.5" trading card size and mat window frame the signature is placed in.

2) I'm not sure if the cut signature is secured with any adhesive on the back or the medium of the card itself and how it's put together would have negative long term effects on the cut signature piece.

3) Most of the card designs are fairly lackluster.

4) I feel the card companies are printing money and 'tho calling it a limited edition whether 1 of 1 or whatever, it's pure marketing and the scarcity is created to give the illusion of bigger value than what it actually is or should be worth.

5) Most of the cut autograph cards, especially of deceased celebrities the quality of the autograph is lackluster in either completeness as noted above or ink density. I'd rather hunt for a better "prime" example of an autograph on an index card, photograph or document in it's full sized glory.

6) It's widely known that the trading card companies purchase their autographs from whom them deem reliable sources. There's been scandals of major sports card companies buying what was touted as game used Derek Jeter jerseys only to have them not be. I could easily see a card company having/using autographs that are not authentic.
This question is asked and discussed here once every 6 months or so. Honestly, yes, they are more valuable.

Time and again, an original document of ____ sells for 50% of that same auto in a 'limited edition' trading card. The best examples of these were in the two recent Horrors of War trading card series. People tracked some of the more valuable autos and found the cards selling for way more than what Famous Fabrics paid for the complete documents at auction.

Anyway, for the Eisenhower card, it includes original stars from his uniform. It's just not any old cut signature.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

I've never owned a "cut" auto before, so I haven't really formed an opinion of them, but I know there has always been some controversy when an item is "de-natured" from its original form to be put into a trading card, so much so, that when Upper Deck first put slivers of a Babe Ruth bat into a relic (I think about 15 years ago now), they had to go out of their way to point out the bat being used was in poor condition and they weren't destroying some choice item that was fine as it was.

It wasn't long, however, before they moved on to an item (I'm thinking it was a Ruth or Mantle jersey) that wasn't badly damaged, but by then, they made no apology for cutting it up. Those first relic cards were very well-received and obviously, the various manufacturers have never looked back.

As for this Ike cut, I may be (am) biased, but I'd say this one is very handsomely designed, and all of the signatures fit nicely in the allotted space on all four of them, with mine being perhaps the best centered one of all with absolutely no part of a pen stroke missing from it. Indeed, the two that were clearly taken from salutations in letters have the nice touch of having the words "sincerely" and "cordially" above the signature, which looks sharp on those.

As for a historical letter being destroyed for this. I'm of two minds on that. I would not have wanted them to cut up a letter from Ike to, say, Winston Churchill, or one of his fellow military commanders, or perhaps, cabinet members when he was President, but it was a letter to, say, a dry cleaner from Ike thanking the man for years of good service, I dare say, such a signature is vastly improved when removed from that kind of source and made into something like this.

Cutting a signature can also add value to it if it had been formally personalized as autographs signed to a particular person tend to not be as desirable as autographs not made out to a specific individual. Cutting it allows it be no longer personalized, and yet that it was at one time personalized has the benefit of being another useful authenticator.

Last edited by jdandns; 05-29-2015 at 04:44 PM.
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:14 AM   #25 (permalink)

love your card wish i had some funds to send you a offer

lucky4444 is offline   Reply With Quote