Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 02:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thoughts on razor pop century

right now its not looking to good. I hear there 175 base set if autos. But half of these people i have not even heard of. I mean who are the big autos who arent cuts (that most people cant afford). it seems like you could buy the whole 175 set for less than a half case
canuhandle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HitDog44

The product is much better than I thought it was going to be. I guess it helps watching sitcoms and movies in the 70's and 80's for this set since I recognized most of the autographs that have surfaced so far. It's still early but there seems to be a bunch of autographs that will probably sell in the $5-10 range but if they go that low then I would rather just keep them in my personal collection.

Very similar to the Razor Ink and Vault products, non-sport autograph collectors will probably enjoy cracking a few boxes but the 'rip n flip' buyers will be disappointed when they are hoping to get a monster pull (William Shatner, Kim Kardashian, Harrison Ford, Hayden Panettiere or a cut auto of Mark Twain, John F. Kennedy, Janis Joplin, Charles Dickens or Pope John Paul II) and pull the Barry Williams, Unknown Comic and Weird Al autographs. The best box I pulled in 2009 Razor Vault from 2+ cases was a Family Guy Season 2 but I still enjoyed the product (not so much for 2010 Vault). Pop Culture will probably be a little more painful due to the price but hopefully the memorabilia will sell for more than a few bucks each.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

The BIG question will be whether we actually SEE anyone hitting the big cut autographs. Considering ALOT of Razors big pulls are never seen, and some are seen after being sold by Razor, one has to wonder whats actually available in their products. That issue alone keeps me far far away.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

weird al is selling for 30 plus on ebay...
shamrocklegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

For the money right now it's not bad for what you get. I think the memorabilia card design is pretty heinous but the auto design isn't bad. I personally would wait a few months when the boxes go down in price before picking up unless you want to rip and flip now.
jubei777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

I actually like a the memorbilia design..I think its cool with the open curtain and the fabric in the background. Wouda been nice if they got info on the movie that the pieces were worn on.

Auto's even though they are stickers, they are nice clean cards and they will look good in any collection.

For the price.. There isn't many products out there, that you will get 3 autos and 3 mems for $90~. But like the rip and flip collectors will probably overall be disappointed. Its like most of the non-sports stuff. Like the Poker stuff, you get 5 hits for $60~ but if you are looking for the rip and flip you probably wont get it.

I picked up 2 boxes of this cause well it looked like a fun product to bust, i'm hoping to atleast get 1-2 names i recognize cause the auto checklist is so huge, if i get 1-2 that a recognize i'll be happy.

I can't wait to get my boxes..its going to be fun to bust.
Shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

i think the memorabilia is not from the movies it could just be a shirt the actor threw on and then sent in but i could be wrong
nick9819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDog44 View Post
Very similar to the Razor Ink and Vault products, non-sport autograph collectors will probably enjoy cracking a few boxes but the 'rip n flip' buyers will be disappointed when they are hoping to get a monster pull (William Shatner, Kim Kardashian, Harrison Ford, Hayden Panettiere or a cut auto of Mark Twain, John F. Kennedy, Janis Joplin, Charles Dickens or Pope John Paul II) and pull the Barry Williams, Unknown Comic and Weird Al autographs. The best box I pulled in 2009 Razor Vault from 2+ cases was a Family Guy Season 2 but I still enjoyed the product (not so much for 2010 Vault). Pop Culture will probably be a little more painful due to the price but hopefully the memorabilia will sell for more than a few bucks each.
I would take either of those over Shatner, Kardashian, and Hayden any day.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

ok seems like alot of people like it.
canuhandle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HitDog44

Okay, the Unknown Comic and Weird Al may be bad examples since they seem to have a following (if I pull those, you have to trade for them Ted!) but would the average 'rip n flip' dealer be happy getting Christian Audigier and Thomas Dekker autographs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post

Last edited by HitDog44; 08-03-2010 at 01:08 PM.
HitDog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDog44 View Post
Okay, the Unknown Comic and Weird Al may be bad examples since they seem to have a following (if I pull those, you have to trade for them Ted!) but would the average 'rip n flip' dealer be happy getting Christian Audigier and Thomas Dekker autographs?
You got it!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Maybe Razor should have broken out the bedazzler on the Christian Audigier cards and sold them on ebay for $299.99 each. Seems to work for the crap that Audigier sells.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

How do we know it was REALLY the Unknown Comic who signed the cards?
My Recent Top Hits-2011 BDP Mike Trout Superfractor #1/1, 2011 BDP Dante Bichette red #1/1, 2011 BDP Archie Bradley Purple Ref Auto /10, 2011 Tier One Manny Pacquiao Autograph, 2011 Tier One Eric Hosmer/Billy Butler Dual Auto /25, 2011 Elite Namath/Starr Passing The Torch Dual Auto
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Even though they're signed on stickers,I think the cards are neat. Unlike other celeb sets like Spectrum of Stars and Americana,alot of the pics used are vintage pics when the celebs were popular ie. Winkler as The Fonz and Weird Al in his Eat It video outfit which I find pretty appealing as a collector.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

It is from what has been said sold out. Lots has been opened. I have yet to see one cut. (They will be up for auction individualy) The mem cards suck. They could have done alot better with more multi color swatches. Even more so since they are celebs with many diff items they could use. Damn did every celeb just send in a plain fruit of the loom tee that they touched? Or Razor bought all the ones from a hollywood WalMart. Since they did share the same Air. Man this guy is gonna kill leaf. Sorry for the rant, but Razor put this sour taste in my mouth.
AZDbacksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

I like the design of the base autographs, gold autographs, dual autographs. . . but I hate the design of the Award Winners autos and the costume cards.

There are quite a few interesting names, but not as many big names as I was hoping for, and the big names seem like really tough pulls. There are a TON of repeat signers from other non-sport stuff. . . too many, in my opinion. I'm planning on picking up a bunch of the cheap autos. Perhaps a box or two.
webjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDbacksFan View Post
It is from what has been said sold out. Lots has been opened. I have yet to see one cut. (They will be up for auction individualy) The mem cards suck. They could have done alot better with more multi color swatches. Even more so since they are celebs with many diff items they could use. Damn did every celeb just send in a plain fruit of the loom tee that they touched? Or Razor bought all the ones from a hollywood WalMart. Since they did share the same Air. Man this guy is gonna kill leaf. Sorry for the rant, but Razor put this sour taste in my mouth.

John Quincy Adams is up on ebay now.. 1st cut i've seen...

2010 RAZOR POP CENTURY JOHN QUINCY ADAMS CUT AUTO 1/1 - eBay (item 330458112039 end time Sep-04-10 02:32:01 PDT)
Shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

Cut here Pope Gregory XIV

1 Box of 2010 Razor Pop is all it took.....
VikaSoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Ted...you wouldn't take a Harrison Ford auto?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Ted...you wouldn't take a Harrison Ford auto?
Notice I didn't exclude him.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocklegends View Post
weird al is selling for 30 plus on ebay...
I'd love to pull a Weird Al auto!