Blowout Cards Forums
buying

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Show Off Your Rare Topps Vault Non-Sports Cards

The recent $300 sales price of this 1977 Topps Star Wars Color Separation Proof C3PO #140 Card Set 1977 Topps Star Wars Color Separation Proof Cards 140 C 3PO | eBay got me thinking that a number of you probably have picked up a few gems from the Topps Vault over the years.

I've picked up a few rare Star Wars cards from Topps Vault, and I have attached pics of 2 cool sets to this post. I would love to see others Topps Vault collections... It doesn't have to be Star Wars... just non-sports related.

I will share more of my stuff if this thread generates interest, and other people post their stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Show Off Your Rare Topps Vault Non-Sports Cards-toppsvault1-1024x683-.jpg   Show Off Your Rare Topps Vault Non-Sports Cards-toppsvault2-683x1024-.jpg  
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

I get annoyed by some of the cash grab stuff they sell, but they've got some real gems too. I've bid on a handful but this is the only piece in my collection.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to eldavojohn

Someone kept outbidding me on every single stars wars proof so I just went all in and paid $300 for the wretched hive concept art by MacQuarrie. I believe I picked up some other odds and ends but damn, these wide vision prices again are out of my budget range
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Someone kept outbidding me on every single stars wars proof so I just went all in and paid $300 for the wretched hive concept art by MacQuarrie. I believe I picked up some other odds and ends but damn, these wide vision prices again are out of my budget range
Post pics!
Old 04-08-2015, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oh, that reminds me. I did pick up a piece of GPK concept art from them also. Not married to it though. Think I'm gonna go through the trouble of selling it sooner or later.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Cool concept art!

I picked up quite a few Star Wars Galaxy 7 1/1 Blank Back cards from the Topps Vault a few years ago.

I really liked Olly Moss's Mondo movie posters of the original trilogy, and I was super excited to get the entire set of Blank Back 1/1 cards (attached scan also shows a printing plate I picked up).
Attached Thumbnails
Show Off Your Rare Topps Vault Non-Sports Cards-ollymoss.jpg  
Old 04-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
Post pics!
Meh, tbh I don't really care about participating in this forum anymore -- I'm only here once in a while to check for news on the upcoming Cryptozoic Ghostbusters release ...

eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote