Blowout Cards Forums
2016 star wars

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2017, 07:26 AM   #751 (permalink)

Usually here in Toronto we get decent show line-ups for celebs and auto-seekers since we are the biggest metro area in Canada and can draw tens of thousands to events.

This year's line-up at TorontoComicon, IMHO, is laughable.

Guests | Toronto ComiCon
Old 03-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #752 (permalink)

Michael C Hall & James Remar have been removed from the website for Wizard World Cleveland. So much for the "Dexter" reunion.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:24 AM   #753 (permalink)

Stanley Tucci has been added for Denver Comic Con.....aside from a couple Wizard World con's, first Ive seen him listed at any other cons.
MOST WANTED:2015 Undisputed Purple Brie Bella Base Auto /25
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #754 (permalink)

I'm probably going to the Boston Comic con this year. Kevin Smith, Stan Lee, Tim Curry, Matt Smith & more

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #755 (permalink)

MegaCon Orlando is getting ridiculous with the signers, Buffy has 3 there now, Felicia Day, and a missing piece of my Firefly collection, Gina Torres, will be there! Gonna go broke this year, not to mention Star Wars Convention is a month before that! At least I get to replace all my pack pulled autographs with in person ones!
Wolf8MeVillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #756 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifaxwa2 View Post

I am going to C2E2. I'm not sure how long her line will be. Think it will be a medium sized line? Or is it likely to be the "few hours wait" kind of line ? I can probably help, not sure.

I already plan on getting autographs from all of the Stranger Things kids. So if anyone needs help with that, let me know.
GFD18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #757 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Anyone doing Lexington cc?
Would like to get Theo Rossi added to my SOA piece.
Did you get in touch with the person? Theo was a quick one and I got to see the table spread he had. I guess Pop Vinyl made just one of him as Juice and he has it and it was at his table. I so would have bought it if it was for sale.
QueenSapphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #758 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder132366 View Post
I can't make up my mind about that weekend. WW Cleveland is also happening. Trying to figure out a way to swing both of them. I'll let you know if I end up going to HH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My person backed out on me
Old 03-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #759 (permalink)

Is anyone going to a Con where Jennifer Carpenter will be in attendance?
Old 03-16-2017, 06:29 PM   #760 (permalink)

Quote:
Michael C Hall & James Remar have been removed from the website for Wizard World Cleveland. So much for the "Dexter" reunion.
Jamie Murray as well. Wizard World seems to be knocking on heaven's door. This might be the first year I skip out on them due to Hall no longer coming. Last year they had huge stars. This year is such a let down.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:26 PM   #761 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Jamie Murray as well. Wizard World seems to be knocking on heaven's door. This might be the first year I skip out on them due to Hall no longer coming. Last year they had huge stars. This year is such a let down.

Are both of you not going to attend due to Remar and Hall? I know that's this weekend so it would be a little late but I was hoping for something good with at least Carpenter.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #762 (permalink)

Quote:
Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter, James Remar, To Appear At Wizard World Cleveland, St. Louis; Jaime Murray (Cleveland) and Christian Camargo (St. Louis) To Also Attend

Just saw the announcement today and thought I would post this here. I will definitely be making the trip to Cleveland to meet the cast!
Did you bail due to Remar & Hall cancelling? I know this is going on now and I was hoping to get Jennifer Carpenter.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #763 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenSapphyre View Post
Did you bail due to Remar & Hall cancelling? I know this is going on now and I was hoping to get Jennifer Carpenter.
Unfortunately I am no longer planning on attending Cleveland this weekend. Jennifer Carpenter is the only cast member left from "Dexter"... will be interesting to see if she actually shows up. I'll be sure to let you know if something changes. Sorry I wasn't able to help you.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:27 AM   #764 (permalink)

Quote:
Unfortunately I am no longer planning on attending Cleveland this weekend. Jennifer Carpenter is the only cast member left from "Dexter"... will be interesting to see if she actually shows up. I'll be sure to let you know if something changes. Sorry I wasn't able to help you.

Thanks. I wish I could find someone going to St. Louis now that Cleveland is out. I also wonder how we can find out how she signs in person such as if she only signs her name and nothing else. I'm thinking Ms. Carpenter isn't the nicest as we all hoped. Wonder if Hall is working on something to where I could write him via venue (tried 3 times with Lazarus & nothing).
Old 03-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #765 (permalink)

Ended up going to Wizard World this morning to get a photo with Anthony Mackie. Huge crowd but I think most are going to leave disappointed. Wizard World is just cashing checks at Cleveland with no big names coming to town. The crowd was massive when I left at 12:30. Still, the photo area is usually incredibly busy, not this year. I'd have thought a guy like Mackie would have a ton of people grabbing a photo. Maybe only 100-150 max. Crazy. Nice as hell though, took time to talk to people and really interacted with folks more than normal. Took a few photos with some of the women who were in front of me.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #766 (permalink)

Anyone doing another run of Cleveland Wizard World tomorrow? I know it's very last minute but a photo of Charisma Carpenter off her table from Buffy would be great.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #767 (permalink)

Went to Wizard World in Cleveland today. Pretty decent crowd but the autograph guests were just not that great. I feel sorry for you Dexter fans that were looking forward to a reunion only to see it fall apart last minute. I collect sports stuff and if that happened to something I was interested in, I would be bummed too.

One cool part of today was the Q&A with Anthony Mackie. Nice guy and super laid back. Answered a ton of questions. Insisted on getting through everyone with a question because the last person was a guy and his little boy. The little boy was dressed as Falcon, his favorite comic character. Absolutely adorable and such a cool moment.

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/jataman2612/
jataman2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #768 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone doing another run of Cleveland Wizard World tomorrow? I know it's very last minute but a photo of Charisma Carpenter off her table from Buffy would be great.
I would consider it but after seeing how much of a hot mess the autograph area is, I dunno. They completely screwed it up this year. It looked like one line for every celebrity. So no matter who you were meeting, it was all the same line. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:55 AM   #769 (permalink)

Quote:
I would consider it but after seeing how much of a hot mess the autograph area is, I dunno. They completely screwed it up this year. It looked like one line for every celebrity. So no matter who you were meeting, it was all the same line. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Seriously? When it was your turn could you hit up multiple signers?
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #770 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Seriously? When it was your turn could you hit up multiple signers?
Thanks for this....

Seems like I'm going unnoticed.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #771 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry it sucked for you
Was hoping to get Carpenter ...both Jennifer and Charisma & add them to my collection.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #772 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry it sucked for you
Was hoping to get Carpenter ...both Jennifer and Charisma & add them to my collection.
I'm planning on going for Charisma at Fan Expo Dallas...I can try to get you an autograph if you're still interested. PM me.
jle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:00 PM   #773 (permalink)

Is Julie Benz doing any Cons?
Old 03-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #774 (permalink)

I ended up bypassing WW Cleveland altogether and checking out Horror Hound in Cincinnati today. I'm not much of a horror guy but was excited to meet Alexandra Breckenridge & Ethan Embry. I didn't have time to do much else but overall it seemed like a pretty solid show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #775 (permalink)

Quote:
I ended up bypassing WW Cleveland altogether and checking out Horror Hound in Cincinnati today. I'm not much of a horror guy but was excited to meet Alexandra Breckenridge & Ethan Embry. I didn't have time to do much else but overall it seemed like a pretty solid show.
Did you actually make it through the Embry line? I showed up at 12:06 on Sunday and was told to come back in a half-hour because the line was capped. Came back at 12:30, was told to come back in a half-hour. Came back a little before 1, was told to come back in an hour because he'd left (gone to do a podcast). Sat in the hall outside waiting, and when he came back, went in to check the line status. Was told to come back. Came back around 2:20, was told the line was capped and they had everyone they were letting in that day already lined up, but if I hung around until close he might sign for the people who stayed and waited.

I like the dude, and Empire Records is one of my favorite movies, but there are very few people I'd spend 5 hours waiting around to meet. So I just admitted defeat and left.

Did get to meet Breckenridge, who was AWESOME and signed the Tim Proctor PSC I took with me, then did a half-dozen selfies with me (she's surprisingly goofy, in the best way), and Elizabeth Daily, who took a picture of the item I brought to have her sign (a call sheet from one of the days she shot on Streets of Fire), and Lloyd Kaufman, who is partly responsible for me being as warped as I am. So it was a successful con even if I didn't ever get into Embry's line. But man, did they need a more formal system than "Come back in a half-hour."