Blowout Cards Forums
kris bryant

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #801 (permalink)

C2E2 is coming up very quickly. Anyone need any help? I'm going

If anyone wants autographs from the Stranger Things kids, I can definitely help. I'm already planning on waiting in line for: Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, and Gaten Matarazzo.

And Richard Horvitz of Invader Zim

Link to guests:
Entertainment Guests - C2E2 - Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo - April 21 - 23, 2017
GFD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #802 (permalink)

Also... I randomly just came across info for a GOTHAM convention that will be super local to me in October.

I don't watch Gotham, but I might go to check it out depending on the badge price (I cant seem to find a price online yet). Or if they get Cameron Monaghan as a guest, I'll definitely be going (I LOVE Shameless!)

They currently have a ton of good guests lined up so far. Main characters

Guests link:
https://www.creationent.com/cal/crea...hi.html#guests
Old 04-12-2017, 04:56 AM   #803 (permalink)

I'm sure it's been mentioned but anyone else notice the major downgrade in overall guests for this years Wizard World conventions? I'm sure there are many factors playing into it but compared to last year's lists for each city 2017 is looking like a stinker for Wizard World Cons.
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:33 AM   #804 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
I'm sure it's been mentioned but anyone else notice the major downgrade in overall guests for this years Wizard World conventions? I'm sure there are many factors playing into it but compared to last year's lists for each city 2017 is looking like a stinker for Wizard World Cons.
The same thing is happening with this year's Comicpalooza. The convention is a little more than four weeks away & the guest list is still weak. The guest list had been really good to great the previous few years. Not sure what the deal is for this year.

HTownFan
HTownFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #805 (permalink)

Look at the hype that there was for the game of thrones convention. So far they have 5 or so minor characters. No main stars, and it's only a few months away

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:15 PM   #806 (permalink)

I might be attending heroes & villains Atlanta this year.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:21 AM   #807 (permalink)

Anyone going to Wizard World Minneapolis? I need help with Charlie Sheen.
SDcardguy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:46 PM   #808 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelan1 View Post
Look at the hype that there was for the game of thrones convention. So far they have 5 or so minor characters. No main stars, and it's only a few months away

My guess is we cannot afford it, others are busy on other projects as I believe filming has wrapped for 7 as July 15th is the premiere. I doubt it'll get any better. We're pretty boring unless you love country music which is so not me.
QueenSapphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #809 (permalink)

Is anyone going to the Alamo City Comic Con in San Antonio, TX, Memorial Day weekend? I could use some help with an actor. I don't have an official link as I can't seem to find one.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:48 AM   #810 (permalink)

Default PhoenixComicCon

Checking if anyone is going to PhoenixComicCon who can help with a few autos.

Thanks
AutoCardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:13 AM   #811 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenSapphyre View Post
Is anyone going to the Alamo City Comic Con in San Antonio, TX, Memorial Day weekend? I could use some help with an actor. I don't have an official link as I can't seem to find one.
Alamo City Comic Con | Remember The Con
Branesergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #812 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
There was a big shake up in wizard over the year, some of the old guys that were running the shows are out. One of them is sueing wizard and also at the beginning of the year, it was reported that their stock was down and having finicial issues.
Hippiekmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:35 AM   #813 (permalink)

Broke down and bought a Stan Lee Auto / Photo Op for Megacon Orlando! For $350 you get photo op, a personal item autographed, a litho autographed, Variant Cover Comic, and $25 gift card! Two Autographs and a photo with Stan! Really seems like a great deal!
Wolf8MeVillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:10 PM   #814 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Thanks for the link now I just wish someone was going. Shocked Michael Beach will be there as he's in Australia right now filming for something but he's not at liberty to say what for. I follow him on Instagram. I like that Kilmer will be there and also Kristin Bauer (need her as Pam from True Blood & I haven't written her & I don't want to buy her husband's CD to get her signed photo if she's even doing that anymore through Amazon)....

Olmos is there and he'd be a killer one to have as he's now part of the Mayans M.C. which is the spinoff to Sons of Anarchy. They are done filming the pilot and now the wait for the green light.

Shore...wow...haven't heard that name in forever....bet he's about $40 and well I have what I have been told isn't the real deal but machine made when I wrote him ages ago as I loved him in all the goofy films he did when I was younger (Encino Man, Son-In-Law, In the Army Now)

Anyone going to Alamo City? I just need one but maybe two if I want to get Kristin Bauer. I would say Olmos too but no doubt he'll be big bucks I cannot afford.

Last edited by QueenSapphyre; 05-05-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #815 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenSapphyre View Post
Thanks for the link now I just wish someone was going. Shocked Michael Beach will be there as he's in Australia right now filming for something but he's not at liberty to say what for. I follow him on Instagram. I like that Kilmer will be there and also Kristin Bauer (need her as Pam from True Blood & I haven't written her & I don't want to buy her husband's CD to get her signed photo if she's even doing that anymore through Amazon)....

Olmos is there and he'd be a killer one to have as he's now part of the Mayans M.C. which is the spinoff to Sons of Anarchy. They are done filming the pilot and now the wait for the green light.

Shore...wow...haven't heard that name in forever....bet he's about $40 and well I have what I have been told isn't the real deal but machine made when I wrote him ages ago as I loved him in all the goofy films he did when I was younger (Encino Man, Son-In-Law, In the Army Now)

Anyone going to Alamo City? I just need one but maybe two if I want to get Kristin Bauer. I would say Olmos too but no doubt he'll be big bucks I cannot afford.
So you know, EJO is a $100 auto. Also, I have an extra TB Bauer auto card on my sale page if you want it.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #816 (permalink)

Edward James Olmos is one of my favorite autographs ever. Cost was $50 or $60 when I got this signed at a show back in 2009. He was very personable and added in all of the extra inscriptions as we were talking about BSG. I still get goosebumps when remembering him talk about the "So Say We All" scene being the first one that the cast filmed together and how it was improvised from the script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #817 (permalink)

Monster Mania in Cherry Hill, NJ, announced Kate Beckinsale yesterday. Who's gonna volunteer to stand in that line?
Old 05-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #818 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Monster Mania in Cherry Hill, NJ, announced Kate Beckinsale yesterday. Who's gonna volunteer to stand in that line?
I've heard that show (and the one in Parsippany) are just absolute crowded messes which is why I've never attended despite being so close to me.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #819 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I've heard that show (and the one in Parsippany) are just absolute crowded messes which is why I've never attended despite being so close to me.
Just go on Sunday. The popular people will always have a long line, but the rest of the con is usually much more manageable. I had heard bad things in the past about MM crowds but the few times I've gone it's been perfectly fine. Chiller is definitely worse with crowds probably because it's closer to NYC. I haven't been there in years because it became a gigantic disorganized mess.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #820 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder132366 View Post

Edward James Olmos is one of my favorite autographs ever. Cost was $50 or $60 when I got this signed at a show back in 2009. He was very personable and added in all of the extra inscriptions as we were talking about BSG. I still get goosebumps when remembering him talk about the "So Say We All" scene being the first one that the cast filmed together and how it was improvised from the script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto for me on the experience, I saw him and most of the new series cast at galacticon 3 in 2013. He was $80 then, but I've heard he's up to $100 now.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:00 PM   #821 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post

*IF* you are actually interested in getting a Beckinsale, there are a few people in a facebook group muling autos from Monstermania. The rate for Beckinsale is cost + $20 (and I'd assume + shipping, but I dont know)

Let me know if you want more info
Old 05-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #822 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I've attended just about every Monstermania show in jersey....I think it's one of the best shows. The guests are getting bigger so the crowds are getting bigger. Friday and Sunday are less crowded. I usually get everything done Friday.

At this show, you can actually talk to the celebrity, I've never been rushed regardless of how big the star was. I'm sure Kate and Val Kilmer will have their own signing rooms and will not be in the general auto area. Every time Robert England is there, there is a 2 hour wait.....

I'll got a couple of VIPs so I'll get to jump the line on Kate and Val.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #823 (permalink)

FWIW if Kate has anyone from celeb authentics at her table etc be prepared for them to force one of their authentication stickers on your item.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:16 PM   #824 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
FWIW if Kate has anyone from celeb authentics at her table etc be prepared for them to force one of their authentication stickers on your item.
They do that for all of their celebs. They did that when they brought Chris Hemsworth to Philly the 1st time. I think they may be better on listening to you on where you want the sticker. I have no problem with it as long as they put it where I want it.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:20 PM   #825 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelan1 View Post
Ditto for me on the experience, I saw him and most of the new series cast at galacticon 3 in 2013. He was $80 then, but I've heard he's up to $100 now.

Damn, I saw him & mike Hogan back in 2009 at Philly...he had a special:
2 autographs & a photo for $100.
Then in 2010, he was at Shore Leave convention and did 50% off & he's sig was $35!