Blowout Cards Forums
2017 April Shower

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2015, 08:57 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf8MeVillie View Post
Supernatural Con in October next year! I have tickets so I can get autographs easily so message me if interested, I know it is a year away, but you can start thinking about it.

https://www.creationent.com/cal/supe...al_atl.htm#tix

The site with the signers!
Jared & Jensen autos always sell out well in advance. I've been going to the New Jersey one for 10 years....always a good time.
Hippiekmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippiekmt View Post
Jared & Jensen autos always sell out well in advance. I've been going to the New Jersey one for 10 years....always a good time.
I know so little of what goes on in this tiny state.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #128 (permalink)

good thing no one wanted me to get them a Carrie Fisher auto, since she cancelled. Though it looks like they're still expecting over 20K this year at the RICC, so I'll be leaving my house extra early tomorrow. Thank god I went for the VIP ticket
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #129 (permalink)

I am going sunday. Guess i'll be leaving at 8 for the 10 am opening. Why did she cancel? Was good up till last night.
I'd be pretty upset if she was one of the only reasons I was going. (want getting her anyway jsut sayin)
Welker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:32 PM   #130 (permalink)

Wow, just wow at Wizard World New Orleans...Winter Soldier...Some big names. Plus Doctor Who...
rickstaman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker83 View Post
I am going sunday. Guess i'll be leaving at 8 for the 10 am opening. Why did she cancel? Was good up till last night.
I'd be pretty upset if she was one of the only reasons I was going. (want getting her anyway jsut sayin)
the reason posted is that she has an illness. I'm leaving even earlier due to the VIP 9am access, and that I want to make sure I get a parking spot in the garage at the convention center.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #132 (permalink)

If anyone is going to wizard world Louisville this weekend, I'd be in for a Stephen Amell auto, or even a multi auto Arrow poster.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #133 (permalink)

If anyone is going to Wizard World New Orleans and would be willing to get me a couple autographs let me know. I could use a couple Hayley Atwell autographs. If you know of another con she will be at that works also.
Chris Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #134 (permalink)

It's not until next June, but I do have a speed pass (VIP ticket) to Denver Comic Con. On sale today and sold out today. So in June, I should be able to get just about anyone.

Oh and John Rhys-Davies was announced today as well for Denver.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:21 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Con View Post
It's not until next June, but I do have a speed pass (VIP ticket) to Denver Comic Con. On sale today and sold out today. So in June, I should be able to get just about anyone.

Oh and John Rhys-Davies was announced today as well for Denver.
forgot about that, oh well past 3 yrs didn't get a speed pass and still didn't miss anyone I wanted.

Like the Rhys Davis announcement (hello Gimli Autograph!), also for the Pop collectors Funko will have a booth (exclusives possibly now)
MOST WANTED:2015 Undisputed Purple Brie Bella Base Auto /25
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:55 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
forgot about that, oh well past 3 yrs didn't get a speed pass and still didn't miss anyone I wanted.

Like the Rhys Davis announcement (hello Gimli Autograph!), also for the Pop collectors Funko will have a booth (exclusives possibly now)
Just didn't want to deal with lines. The lines I tell you! haha
Old 11-07-2015, 10:24 AM   #137 (permalink)

Already got both Selma Blair autos, working on others, she didn't allow photos of her signing
Old 11-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelan1 View Post
Already got both Selma Blair autos, working on others, she didn't allow photos of her signing
Having fun? And any word on Christy Romano's price?
Old 11-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #139 (permalink)

She was $40. Having fun, but crowds are huge, some are saying 15,000 people. I have everything people ordered except Ron Pearlman & one other I haven't been able to find yet. I'm still planning on coming back tomorrow. Most of the prices that were listed on the site were incorrect.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
She was $40. Having fun, but crowds are huge, some are saying 15,000 people. I have everything people ordered except Ron Pearlman & one other I haven't been able to find yet. I'm still planning on coming back tomorrow. Most of the prices that were listed on the site were incorrect.
Hope overall it we a good day for you and not too crazy.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah they normally are never right on the site. I'll pm you later regarding Romano. Thanks
Old 11-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for doing this. I hope you're having some fun while you're at it!
Sandstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #143 (permalink)

Hope it's fun!
rickstaman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #144 (permalink)

Had fun yesterday, got everything everyone asked for, and a few things for myself. I broke my cardinal rule of not getting an autograph I already had, and got to surprise Ron Perlman with something he said he's never signed before, an Enemy at the Gates movie poster.
For anyone going to that convention in the future, it's big. Huge crowds. The only Northeast con I've been to that is bigger was the NY comic-con, the RICC was at least double the size of the Boston CC. If you're not getting a bunch of autographs, the VIP is a waste of money, even so, about half the celebrities didn't have a VIP express line. The only real advantage of the VIP is that you can access the floor an hour early, and get a good spot in the parking garage of your choice, and not have to wait in the mile long line of people with GA tickets.
I'd say bring your own snacks, as the ones convention center sells are predictably bad and really expensive. Even so, after 8 hours of no food, I cracked and scarfed down $4 of tater tots and a $2 bag of skittles.
One thing I was really surprised about was that in all that, there was not one vendor with any modern non-sport card boxes for sale. (Save one box of Clone Wars Rise of the Bounty Hunters for $60!)
Old 11-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #145 (permalink)

Surprised Perlman had not been asked to sign that before it was a good movie with him in it.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #146 (permalink)

Default NJ Comic Expo

Quote:
Had fun yesterday, got everything everyone asked for, and a few things for myself. I broke my cardinal rule of not getting an autograph I already had, and got to surprise Ron Perlman with something he said he's never signed before, an Enemy at the Gates movie poster.
For anyone going to that convention in the future, it's big. Huge crowds. The only Northeast con I've been to that is bigger was the NY comic-con, the RICC was at least double the size of the Boston CC. If you're not getting a bunch of autographs, the VIP is a waste of money, even so, about half the celebrities didn't have a VIP express line. The only real advantage of the VIP is that you can access the floor an hour early, and get a good spot in the parking garage of your choice, and not have to wait in the mile long line of people with GA tickets.
I'd say bring your own snacks, as the ones convention center sells are predictably bad and really expensive. Even so, after 8 hours of no food, I cracked and scarfed down $4 of tater tots and a $2 bag of skittles.
One thing I was really surprised about was that in all that, there was not one vendor with any modern non-sport card boxes for sale. (Save one box of Clone Wars Rise of the Bounty Hunters for $60!)
I always pack some granola bars, gummy bears, and beef jerky

I typically judge whether or not to go VIP based on whatever "extras" they throw in with the VIP. I haven't found the "getting in early" to be a great perk in the past, because the vendors usually weren't ready for me anyway. Most of them still setting up, even after the doors officially opened. Might just be the cons I've had it at though.

In other news... I do have a VIP pass for this upcoming con, which is just a few minutes drive from me.

New Jersey Comic Expo: November 21st & 22nd

Its small, but the following entertainment guests will be there signing autographs.

Amy Acker $40
Drea de Matteo $30
Tommy Walker $20

Shoot me a PM if you are interested, and we'll see if we can work something out.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
There's only one vendor that comes to the Dallas shows that consistently sells non-sports cards. Everyone else is just toys and those blind boxed Funko figures or Japanese stuff.
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #148 (permalink)

One year at Wizard World Philly, a toy vendor had a gravity feed box of GPK retail and one guy in artist alley had a bunch of vintage wax packs of random products including Star Wars. Don't ever remembering seeing anything more notable at that show.

Having been to many conventions of all sizes in NY, NJ, and PA, I have to say it is very unusual to find a non-sports card dealer at one of these shows. For the last two years at NY Comic Con there has been one vendor on the main floor that had non-sports and gaming packs and boxes (no singles), from vintage to current. He told me he has a shop on Long Island. At one of the biggest pop culture conventions in the world, there is 1 dealer. I know a couple of the guys from the Philly NSCS also set up at Comic Con International in San Diego.

Point being, if you are going to these conventions looking for non-sports cards you are likely to be disappointed.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstaman05 View Post
Wow, just wow at Wizard World New Orleans...Winter Soldier...Some big names. Plus Doctor Who...
I was just looking at that on the website. Chris Evans autos are VIP only, and it says that Matt Smith will most likely be the same.

I wouldn't mind a Ben McKenzie auto. Jeremy Renner would be cool too.
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:12 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead767 View Post
I was just looking at that on the website. Chris Evans autos are VIP only, and it says that Matt Smith will most likely be the same.

I wouldn't mind a Ben McKenzie auto. Jeremy Renner would be cool too.
Since Chris Evans doesn't seem likely to sign for any Upper Deck sets, that might be the best chance at getting his auto
tvd2012 is offline   Reply With Quote