Blowout Cards Forums
kris bryant

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 03:39 AM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelan1 View Post
Here's a show coming up that I might be interested in getting some autos from if someone is going:
Heroes & Villains Fan Fest | New York/New Jersey 2016
Sheesh, pretty much anyone and everyone who's ever been on the flash or arrow will be there. They are pretty much the entire guest list.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:46 AM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's a show coming up that I might be interested in getting some autos from if someone is going:
There is also one in Chicago in March. There is a 90% chance that I'm going.
GFD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
IS anyone going? I have recently (December) found myself on a Jason Momoa kick (Red Road (x2), Stargate Atlantis and now halfway through Baywatch Hawaii )... and Amell posted a couple days ago on FB that Momoa was going to be there >_>

Last edited by ashelton; 01-03-2016 at 07:42 AM.
ashelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:17 AM   #179 (permalink)

If not, I have a cast signed Conan poster if you're interested.
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:33 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelton View Post
IS anyone going? I have recently (December) found myself on a Jason Momoa kick (Red Road (x2), Stargate Atlantis and now halfway through Baywatch Hawaii )... and Amell posted a couple days ago on FB that Momoa was going to be there >_>
Yea I'm going
tvd2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:04 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvd2012 View Post
Yea I'm going
Any chance of asking you to snag some autos?

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #182 (permalink)

FYI if you are looking to go and haven't purchased your tickets yet, you can get a significant price break through living social.

https://m.livingsocial.com/events/15...fest#/dealWrap

Last edited by iluvfish2; 01-03-2016 at 07:47 PM. Reason: I see no referral with this, and its a link to save members $$ if they're going.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #183 (permalink)

I went to the San Jose Heroes and Villains show a couple months back, it was a very good show. It does get expensive if you're trying to get auto's, but luckily I just really like the show but do not collect things from it, I just wanted to see all the actors in person and hear them talk in the panels (panels have heavy emphasis on fan interaction, it was a lot of Q&A). It was not bad at all getting into every panel, of course the Steven Amell panel was the most packed but even then I got good seats. It wasn't like SDCC where you wait forever and still end up having to squint to see the people in the panels. They empty everyone out after each panel (unless you're VIP) so people can't hog the seats all day. During the Steven Amell panel it was mentioned that Amell helped co-create it, which is why it's very Arrow/CW centric.
mtedenajimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:02 PM   #184 (permalink)

Wow Michael J. Fox is going to be signing on Saturday only at Wizard World Philly this year. My guess is that you'like need one of the MJF VIP tiers to score that autograph, starting at $400
Old 01-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #185 (permalink)

I'll be going to Fan Days in Dallas this February. The guest list includes the Dukes of Hazzard, some Gotham cast, and a bunch of Flash/Arrow people.

Organizations | Dallas Comic Con: Fan Days
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #186 (permalink)

Or if you'd rather just order your own, here's the mail-in/order page.

Store - Product Detail
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #187 (permalink)

I've got VIP for the Walker Stalker Con here in Denver the first weekend of April if anyone is interested in some help from me.

Guests | Walker Stalker Con
Old 01-15-2016, 09:55 PM   #188 (permalink)

Does anyone know what Neal Adams charges for a sketch and if attending would you be willing to have something sketched for me? Thanks!
Rsxtacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:28 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsxtacee View Post
Does anyone know what Neal Adams charges for a sketch and if attending would you be willing to have something sketched for me? Thanks!

My experience with Mr. Adams was a great one. He did a few quickies for free, but i did buy the neil adams experience that got me quite a bit of goodies. This was here in San Antonio a few years ago. Best thing to do is try catch him at his table when not busy and he's a very engaging man.

But his prices really varied. I paid 45 dollars for a very nice Daenerys Targaryen but had to come back the next day for it, but mam was it worth it. he also did some old school stuff black whites for free to on the spot.

In all really depends how busy his table is, but man is he great person to to meet.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #190 (permalink)

Looks like you can pre-order autos from the Dallas Comic-Con Store - Products

Stephen Amell is $70, I might be sending in a sketch cover blank to get signed...
Old 01-16-2016, 09:02 AM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsxtacee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
My experience with Mr. Adams was a great one. He did a few quickies for free, but i did buy the neil adams experience that got me quite a bit of goodies. This was here in San Antonio a few years ago. Best thing to do is try catch him at his table when not busy and he's a very engaging man.

But his prices really varied. I paid 45 dollars for a very nice Daenerys Targaryen but had to come back the next day for it, but mam was it worth it. he also did some old school stuff black whites for free to on the spot.

In all really depends how busy his table is, but man is he great person to to meet.
I'm really surprised you got anything "for free" from Neil Adams in the last 5 years. He charges for an autograph on anything you didn't buy from him directly, and his "quick black marker profile head sketches" are quite expensive, and often you have to chose from what has been completed in advance. From my own experiences as well as what other members have posted, this is very surprising to read.

If you go to the convention page and click on the Neil Adams link, there is contact information to pre-order convention commissions. I recommend just shooting them a quick email for a price on what you are considering. If you decide to get something done, I could pick it up for you at the Heroes & Villains Fan Fest at the Meadowlands next Sunday.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:21 PM   #192 (permalink)

Got these at Heroes and Villains Fan Fest this weekend. The blizzard caused Saturday's event to be cancelled and a lot of the announced guests cancelled as well which sucked...but Stephen Amell, Robbie Amell, Katrina Law, John Barrowman, and Teddy Sears were already staying near the convention center and just hung out and took pictures with fans in a nearby restaurant all day which was super cool.

Also had Stephen sign my redemption card from Arrow Season 1. He said he had never heard of the Arrow trading cards.

And these awesome sketch cards by David Desbois

Old 01-25-2016, 10:43 PM   #193 (permalink)

Those look awesome!
Old 01-25-2016, 10:47 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Got these at Heroes and Villains Fan Fest this weekend. The blizzard caused Saturday's event to be cancelled and a lot of the announced guests cancelled as well which sucked...but Stephen Amell, Robbie Amell, Katrina Law, John Barrowman, and Teddy Sears were already staying near the convention center and just hung out and took pictures with fans in a nearby restaurant all day which was super cool.

Also had Stephen sign my redemption card from Arrow Season 1. He said he had never heard of the Arrow trading cards.

And these awesome sketch cards by David Desbois

Those look great and it is really nice that they hung out with fans.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:19 PM   #195 (permalink)

While I commend the stars for hanging out with the fans, they are getting lazy with their signatures. Hell, Robbie's autograph looks a hell of a lot like Russell Wilson's
dukestr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:23 PM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Speaking of super cool... did y'all see his chronicles of the weekend on Facebook? Amell/Barrowman singoff karaoke to "The Music of the Night" (which was surprisingly good) and other crazy shenanigans streamed live. Apparently that restaurant opened just for them - and with only two servers who worked the 9ish hours they were there. Rewarded them with a 225% tip.

It's both good and frustrating to know that he hadn't heard of the trading cards... both because that means negotiation began and ended with the agent as we thought.

Starting to get pretty jealous of everyone's collections. I need a different job so I can afford to be on that side of things occasionally
Old 01-26-2016, 12:40 AM   #197 (permalink)

that poster is pretty sweet, but I think I'd rather have one of Stephen Amell's early signatures.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:34 AM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
that poster is pretty sweet, but I think I'd rather have one of Stephen Amell's early signatures.
Yea I have a couple of the older 258 West cards and his signature was definitely nicer
Old 01-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelton View Post

It's both good and frustrating to know that he hadn't heard of the trading cards... both because that means negotiation began and ended with the agent as we thought.
Kinda surprised he still hadn't heard of them. With as many cone as he does. You'd think someone would have said something. I know agents have to sift thru a lot and all so the actor doesn't have to do as much. By I still think I'd want to be informed of every deal or offer. He might take less money on something because he just thinks it's cool or something. Maybe he'll talk to his agent about it now.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
Kinda surprised he still hadn't heard of them. With as many cone as he does. You'd think someone would have said something. I know agents have to sift thru a lot and all so the actor doesn't have to do as much. By I still think I'd want to be informed of every deal or offer. He might take less money on something because he just thinks it's cool or something. Maybe he'll talk to his agent about it now.
This was the same thought I had. With as many conventions as he does how is it possible that no one had asked him about not signing for Season 1? At the very least I would have thought others would have a brought a card for him to autograph (I have a printing plate I'd like to get signed someday). Or on set someone says "My hand hurts from signing all those cards!" and he would have been like "What cards?". I don't know... like has been said hopefully this opens the door for autographs in future products.