Blowout Cards Forums
2016 international shipping

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #201 (permalink)

Maybe it was just easier to say he didn't know about them...
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukestr89 View Post
While I commend the stars for hanging out with the fans, they are getting lazy with their signatures. Hell, Robbie's autograph looks a hell of a lot like Russell Wilson's
I got one from Stephen a couple years ago, and it looks a lot different than those.

I'm not sure if I'll get Robbie at Dallas or not. I'm definitely getting Danielle and Katie's autos though. I just have to find the perfect picture for each.
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:38 PM   #203 (permalink)

Have to give a Major Shoutout to tvd2012. She was nice enough to get me these at Heroe & Villains. A great member. Thank you

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:35 PM   #204 (permalink)

Let me know if anyone needs any thing from Emerald city comic con in April
thuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #205 (permalink)

T-minus one week and two days until Fan Days in Dallas. They've added the original red Power Ranger and Brent Spiner in addition to the Gotham, Arrow, and Dukes of Hazzard guests.
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead767 View Post
T-minus one week and two days until Fan Days in Dallas. They've added the original red Power Ranger and Brent Spiner in addition to the Gotham, Arrow, and Dukes of Hazzard guests.
I should have jumped on this...oh well.
rickstaman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFD18 View Post
There is also one in Chicago in March. There is a 90% chance that I'm going.
If you go, you can get comp tix from here for only $9. MUCH cheaper this way.

https://www.goldstar.com/events/rose...n-fest-tickets
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:52 PM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
While I commend the stars for hanging out with the fans, they are getting lazy with their signatures. Hell, Robbie's autograph looks a hell of a lot like Russell Wilson's
You gotta realize that some of these celebs have HUGE lines and if they did full sigs then A LOT of people wouldn't get an auto. I got Stephen Amell last year at Wizard Con in Chicago and that's how he signed everything, he signed for two shifts (first one was 2 hours long and the second one I waited in line for 3 hours and there were still at least a couple hundred people in line behind me so I don't know how late he stayed). He was only there one day and even if adding a full signature only adds a few seconds to each item signed that adds up REALLY fast.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreed2 View Post
You gotta realize that some of these celebs have HUGE lines.
No doubt.

At the Toronto Fan Expo last Sept. the scene when Norman Reedus arrived was absolutely insane. People were shoving and bumping, arguing, there was zero crowd control. Even the people who supposedly were working there got in on the action and pushed their way to the front for autos. Then the line would stop for ages as VIP passes would show up and get put in front of everyone. Maddening.

Last edited by northwellguy; 02-04-2016 at 02:28 PM.
northwellguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #210 (permalink)

They may have huge lines, but people are paying big bucks for them to sign their name. I could see an abbreviated signature for someone signing for free being ok, but it sucks when you pay 50-100 bucks and get a scribble for your efforts. It makes sense now why people opt for the photo op, at least that way your're getting more of an experience (though when I went to walker stalker, they were breezing people through those photos like crazy)
gdelan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwellguy View Post
No doubt.

At the Toronto Fan Expo last Sept. the scene when Norman Reedus arrived was absolutely insane. People were shoving and bumping, arguing, there was zero crowd control. Even the people who supposedly were working there got in on the action and pushed their way to the front for autos. Then the line would stop for ages as VIP passes would show up and get put in front of everyone. Maddening.
That's why now I always get the VIP. If you wait till a couple days to a week before any show, you can usually get them at a steep discount either from one of the online coupon sites or through ebay
Old 02-04-2016, 07:52 PM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuy View Post
Let me know if anyone needs any thing from Emerald city comic con in April
Eldon Henson is tempting because I really like Daredevil (and Idle Hands from back in the day), but my local Walker Stalker Convention is a week prior and I'm going to drop too much money on that as it is. Really like the lineup at your con.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #213 (permalink)

Is anyone going to Wizard World Portland in two weeks? I would love to get an Ashley Johnson autograph.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:50 PM   #214 (permalink)

Does anyone know what Adam West usually charges and does he always personalize even when you pay for the graph?
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:05 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
Does anyone know what Adam West usually charges and does he always personalize even when you pay for the graph?
If I remember right, at Wizard world he charged $80...They had a disclaimer that he always personalizes...
rickstaman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 AM   #216 (permalink)

Anyone going to the Silicon Valley Con? Missing a trip out there by two weeks and see that Fox/Thompson/Lloyd are all going to be there and signing. I'm interested in a few others as well. Let me know if you plan to go and maybe we can work something out.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #217 (permalink)

I wonder how much that would cost?
Old 02-05-2016, 06:59 AM   #218 (permalink)

Is that the same one Michael J Fox will be at also or was it Philly?
Old 02-05-2016, 07:26 AM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstaman05 View Post
If I remember right, at Wizard world he charged $80...They had a disclaimer that he always personalizes...
That seems about right. Was going to pass on his autograph but because he was on a lithograph of all the show guests, I was forced to get it. Here is the problem I have with autograph signers at conventions:

A) If I paid you for your autograph and I choose not to get it personalized, I shouldn't be forced to. If I choose to sell it down the road that's my business - I own that autograph and you were paid. I could see why you'd do it when it was signed for free.

B) As someone already mentioned, there may be a long line of people, but I worked hard for the money I forked up for your autograph. Put some effort into the signature. If you don't like signing your name, don't take the money. I'm literally forking over at least an hour of my life for few seconds of yours.

C) Admittedly you have earned the right to charge for your autograph and the fans are happy to see you. But, seriously some of these autograph prices are getting out of control. For crying out loud, you are just signing you name. You're not giving me a kidney and saving my life. Quit shafting your fans!

Okay, that's out of my system! Happy Friday everyone!
dukestr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:43 AM   #220 (permalink)

I don't due much cons anymore and wondering if the celebrities do what a lot of sports people do and charge different prices for an autograph depending on what they sign? A flat is one price and a ball is another price and a jersey another price and personalization another price etc.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:09 AM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder132366 View Post
Is anyone going to Wizard World Portland in two weeks? .
Quote:
But, seriously some of these autograph prices are getting out of control. For crying out loud, you are just signing you name. You're not giving me a kidney and saving my life. Quit shafting your fans!

Matt Smith wants $150 for an autograph??????

WTF????
Old 02-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #222 (permalink)

Anybody going to wizard world cleveland at the end of february???

I would really like to get a 8 x 10 signed by frank grillo

lmk asap
Old 02-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfeet View Post
Anyone going to the Silicon Valley Con? Missing a trip out there by two weeks and see that Fox/Thompson/Lloyd are all going to be there and signing. I'm interested in a few others as well. Let me know if you plan to go and maybe we can work something out.
I concur with this, if anyone is going please let me know, would love to get a Michael J Fox signed 8x10
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
That seems about right. Was going to pass on his autograph but because he was on a lithograph of all the show guests, I was forced to get it. Here is the problem I have with autograph signers at conventions:

A) If I paid you for your autograph and I choose not to get it personalized, I shouldn't be forced to. If I choose to sell it down the road that's my business - I own that autograph and you were paid. I could see why you'd do it when it was signed for free.

B) As someone already mentioned, there may be a long line of people, but I worked hard for the money I forked up for your autograph. Put some effort into the signature. If you don't like signing your name, don't take the money. I'm literally forking over at least an hour of my life for few seconds of yours.

C) Admittedly you have earned the right to charge for your autograph and the fans are happy to see you. But, seriously some of these autograph prices are getting out of control. For crying out loud, you are just signing you name. You're not giving me a kidney and saving my life. Quit shafting your fans!

Okay, that's out of my system! Happy Friday everyone!
Yeah Adam West is definitely $80, I was gonna pass on him but decided to get a Funko Pop Batmobile autographed and he definitely would only personalize (it's one of only two personalized signed Pops I have).

Now I agree 100% on your first point, if it's a free sig then absolutely I'll play by your rules but if I'm dropping good money for an auto that should be up to me. Your second point is where I tend to think it's more of a gray area. The vast majority of celebs will give you a great sig as long as the line isn't swamped. Norman Reedus is notorious for giving a terrible free sig or shortening it when he has a HUGE line but if he isn't swamped he has a decent sig and does a lot of inscriptions, if giving a short autograph saves me a lot of time in line and gets a lot of extra people autographs then I'm all for it. I went to a huge con last year and was planning on getting sigs from 14 different people, I ended up in lines the entire time and didn't even get to see 10% of the show. Carol Spinney took his time with each and every autograph, added word bubbles and little inscriptions but it ended up taking me almost an hour to get through his line and there were maybe 30 people in front of me at most (just a quick example). And about your last point, most of the higher priced celebs aren't the ones who set the pricing, they get paid a flat fee and the promoter charges prices and collects for each auto. This is true for pretty much any celeb who isn't a cash at the table person. I agree that some of the prices are ridiculous (I know Reedus and Nathan Fillion charge $100 a sig and you almost never get that value back) but if you're paying somebody 20 - 50k to show up, their flight and hotel then you gotta charge a ridiculous price to get that investment back. It absolutely sucks but no way around it from a business stand point.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfeet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
I concur with this, if anyone is going please let me know, would love to get a Michael J Fox signed 8x10
I'm planning to attend the show, but Michael J Fox autographs are insanely expensive. It's $450 for an auto + photo-op combo. They don't have any prices listed for single autos.

https://register.growtix.com/e/silicon_valley_comic_con

With that said, I'm attending the con on that Saturday for Jeremy Renner and Ray Park signatures. I haven't decided if I want to come back on Sunday yet for Karen Gillan. So if you guys want something signed from those 2 (maybe 3), I can certainly help out.