Blowout Cards Forums
Mike Trout

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2016, 10:33 PM   #376 (permalink)

Figured this would be as solid a place as any to post this.. I'm solely a card guy, so when I pulled one of the card/disc combos, I was like huh? I suppose it's cool that they're a WalMart exclusive and limited to 100 of each, but it still doesn't do much for me.. It's a BB-8, if anyone would be interested just let me know. Thanks
Old 05-02-2016, 12:37 AM   #377 (permalink)

new thing about wave 3. Walmart will sell different types of packs. The set is split into 3 groups. 1-40 are common characters found in both types to my understanding, 41-70 are from packs sold in the collectible card aisle and 71-100 are found in packs in the toy aisle. The packs are labeled just in case they mix them up. Some stores already have some packs up in the toy aisle. I grabbed 5 just to check them out. Very odd selling method.

Last edited by lightsmasher; 05-02-2016 at 12:46 AM.
lightsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:41 AM   #378 (permalink)

Early results from a FB group I'm in shows that per box, Connexions are *perfectly collated*, meaning that if you do not hit a truly rare (not the standard "ultra rare" colors) disc, you will receive an exact ratio of base/toy aisle/collectible aisle discs.

Also, Toy aisle is stocked by regular Walmart associates and Collectible aisle are stocked by outside vendors. Meaning that Collectible aisle discs will probably be harder to find overall.

I'm not playing that game with Topps/Walmart and won't be buying wave 3.

"Very interestingly, out of 120 discs there were 60 base discs and 60 toy aisle exclusive discs. Even more interestingly the split was absolute. I had the exact same number of gray base and gray toy aisle and so on and so forth all the way to same number of gold base and gold toy aisle. Craaaazzzzyyyyy."
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:56 PM   #379 (permalink)

Is this product dead? Or will there be a wave 4? It is a year since release of Wave 1 and there doesn't seem to be much buzz.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #380 (permalink)

Looks like this product isn't totally dead. I was browsing Walmart.com (don't judge) and came across this:

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray) (Walmart Exclusive)
Exclusive packaging 2 star wars galactic connexions trading discs.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rogue-One...540#about-item

Maybe this will lead them to try another Wave for the new Force Friday event September 1st?
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:05 PM   #381 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
Looks like this product isn't totally dead. I was browsing Walmart.com (don't judge) and came across this:

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray) (Walmart Exclusive)
Exclusive packaging 2 star wars galactic connexions trading discs.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rogue-One...540#about-item

Maybe this will lead them to try another Wave for the new Force Friday event September 1st?

They need to just let it die. The fact you can easily "counterfeit" discs by swapping stickers onto different base disc colors and next to no advertising means doom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk