Blowout Cards Forums
Breakers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
im not gonna lie, I am kind of obsessed with these....
These are awesome, lol, so damn collectible! I just broke 6 of the $10 packs from Walmart... pulled 3 Red, 2 Green, and 1 Silver (Yoda).

My 7 year-old Nephew who is really big in puzzle loves the matching/puzzle aspect of the game for what it's worth. They look really neat all matched up on a playmat with different colors and foils too.

Last edited by BHotz; 09-08-2015 at 04:45 PM.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHotz View Post
These are awesome, lol, so damn collectible! I just broke 6 of the $10 packs from Walmart... pulled 3 Red, 2 Green, and 1 Silver (Yoda).

My 7 year-old Nephew who is really big in puzzle loves the matching/puzzle aspect of the game for what it's worth. They look really neat all matched up on a playmat with different colors and foils too.

I opened two of the $10 packs and 3 $5 packs and pulled two greens and a red. I ordered $150 worth of the starter sets at $10 a pop from wal mart. They really are collectible and I like the look and parallels of them.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

I am also in love with these. I am character collecting Captain Phasma, Vader, Leia, Akbar, and IG-88. I am also thinking of potentially master setting the greens (I like them the best), and trading dealing the rest. I'm waiting for the more common greens to come down to $10-15 (or lower) though in order for that project to be feasible.

If anyone wants to start a trade thread, I am open to it.

Word of warning. The silver foils and common stickers seem to scratch really easily. The ones that come from the starter packs are packaged more securely so the scratching is less prevalent. The bags that have disks that come 5 to a pack have more room for the disks to move around and I noticed more scuffs and scratches straight out of the pack. Kind of a bummer.

Fortunately, the pattern foils don't appear to scratch as easily.

Edit: just saw that I won a set of 6 ultra rare commons for $36... So maybe getting the green set will be a bit more feasible than I initially thought.

Last edited by finfangfan; 09-08-2015 at 06:57 PM.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

I plan on cleaning out my local Wal Marts tomorrow as I wait for my larger order to show up some time next week. I want to put together a few full 75 disc sets for sure. I just hope someone makes something to store these in sometime soon.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

Default conext

i bought a few packs today and there are pretty cool. the problem with putting together sets is there's no #s which makes it difficult to keep track of what you have. why they would be w/o #s is beyond me.
RIP4CASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #31 (permalink)

What kind of storage? There are coin size plastics called "flips" and 20 pocket coin album pages they will fit in.
Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP4CASH View Post
i bought a few packs today and there are pretty cool. the problem with putting together sets is there's no #s which makes it difficult to keep track of what you have. why they would be w/o #s is beyond me.
The lack of numbers definitely will make things difficult going forward if/when they expand into new characters or variations of existing characters.

I wonder how long until they retire some of these? Well, I guess the blue starfield technically IS retired. eBay is flooded with them right now, but I expect prices for blues to go up if the set has legs.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:55 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
What kind of storage? There are coin size plastics called "flips" and 20 pocket coin album pages they will fit in.
For right now, I am penny sleaving them and putting them in a cardboard box.

My guess is that if the set takes off they will eventually create some type of encasement to put each disk and still allow kids to play with them without scratching the more valuable disks (kind of like the old beanie baby hard tag protectors).
Old 09-08-2015, 09:08 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
The lack of numbers definitely will make things difficult going forward if/when they expand into new characters or variations of existing characters.

I wonder how long until they retire some of these? Well, I guess the blue starfield technically IS retired. eBay is flooded with them right now, but I expect prices for blues to go up if the set has legs.
I'm curious to see if there will be non 1st edition pieces of these 75 or if the first 75 will be the "1st edition" and then other characters added. It would add collectibility if only the initial product that shipped for Force Friday had the stamp and then Topps make a running change- like Pokemon cards I guess.
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #35 (permalink)

It seems like BIN prices are coming down quite a bit on eBay tonight for the ultra rares as more and more of this stuff is being opened. Topps probably is sitting on a gold mine here.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:00 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
It seems like BIN prices are coming down quite a bit on eBay tonight for the ultra rares as more and more of this stuff is being opened. Topps probably is sitting on a gold mine here.
Yeah, if the prices continue to go down, I would pick up some of my favorite characters for the heck of it. None at my Walmart in Jersey.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #37 (permalink)

I will create a buy sell trade thread in the non sports b/s/t forum later today and maybe we can get it stickied by the mods so its always at the top. I have 20 starter boxes and 30 packs on the way.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #38 (permalink)

I just had fun opening over a dozen of the blue chip packs Walmart gave away.

Cool pulls were:

4 high numbered disks: Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Gamorrean Guard, and Tarfful.

Kylo Ren clear disk pattern foil.

Captain Phasma and Vader Blues (2 characters I character collect).

Still looking forward to more stuff coming in. I am still up in the air as to whether or not I am going to go for a set of greens. It will be interesting to see if the prices for blues ever climb in the future since they appear to be the first "retired" variation.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:08 AM   #39 (permalink)

Couple of thoughts… these remind me a lot of the Taco Bell discs that came out with Episode 1, but much cooler. As far as storage goes I was thinking of picking up some half-dollar tubes since they would seem to fit in those stacked. Im sure some collectible company will come out with a storage device. If anything else, the trays that the discs come in with the Walmart packs can be used. Pretty neat though.
jhssketchcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:46 PM   #40 (permalink)

Did the Walmart blues just come in 2 different variations... Standard and rainbow foil stickers? Or were pattern foil stickers found there as well?

Also, did anyone open up a Walmart 2 pack that contained an ultra rare along with their blue?
Old 09-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Did the Walmart blues just come in 2 different variations... Standard and rainbow foil stickers? Or were pattern foil stickers found there as well?

Also, did anyone open up a Walmart 2 pack that contained an ultra rare along with their blue?

Like I said on the previous page, me and a couple others broke 60 packs and only had foil and nonfoil blue starfields. Also DID NOT get any Ultra Rares (green/red/silver/gold/etc). I've yet to see any blue starfield pattern on eBay, so pretty save to say there's only 2 variations it seems.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:47 PM   #42 (permalink)

I opened up 10 more of the Walmart 2 piece packs tonight and pulled a couple more high number blue variations. Fun stuff!
Old 09-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
I opened up 10 more of the Walmart 2 piece packs tonight and pulled a couple more high number blue variations. Fun stuff!
I wish my wal mart was giving those out, I never saw them giving them out on Force Friday
Old 09-11-2015, 09:42 PM   #44 (permalink)

I actually bought mine on eBay. A 20 set lot of unopened packs that I got earlier in the week, and a 10 set lot (that I forgot about buying) that came in today's mail.

Start that trade thread you were talking about this weekend, and I will look to do some deals.

I think ultimately my PC will be...

10 high number blues (both variations)
75 green slime cards (only circle prisms though in case they change the sticker later on).

And character collect (any/all variations): Captain Phasma, Vader, Leia, Ig-88, and Akbar.

I am basically bidding on any lots that contain ultra rares for about $6-8 per, and I am willing to trade (outside of characters I collect) for greens.

Another thing collectors should keep in mind is that the clear pattern foils have the same odds as the green and red ultra rares, but (on average) sell from a few to several dollars less (for the bigger characters). They also look really cool too. I might go for a set of those as well.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #45 (permalink)

I am 20 away from a base set and 19 away from a black base set.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
I am 20 away from a base set and 19 away from a black base set.
Nice! These are a lot of fun. You need to scan all the sets of 75 into one image each when you make them... it would look cool! Let me know your 20 and 19 and I can flip through my stuff. I have about 200 disks now.

I got 10 greens in the mail today, and am almost 1/3 through that set (it will be awhile).
Old 09-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #47 (permalink)

Here is my progress on the Greens so far:

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Darth Vader HAVE
3. Han Solo
4. Princess Leia Organa HAVE
5. C-3PO
6. R2-D2
7. Anakin Skywalker HAVE
8. Padmé Amidala
9. Rey HAVE
10. Finn
11. Poe Dameron
12. Kylo Ren
13. Boba Fett HAVE
14. Lando Calrissian
15. Admiral Ackbar HAVE
16. Nien Nunb
17. Admiral Piett HAVE
18. Jango Fett HAVE
19. Jawa
20. Tusken Raider
21. Wedge Antilles HAVE
22. Commander Cody HAVE
23. Flametrooper HAVE

24. BB-8 HAVE
25. Darth Maul HAVE

26. Greedo
27. Wampa
28. Momaw Nadon
29. Ponda Baba
30. Captain Phasma
31. Emperor Palpatine
32. Jabba The Hutt
33. Obi-Wan Kenobi HAVE
34. Stormtrooper HAVE

35. Yoda
36. Chewbacca
37. Scout Trooper HAVE
38. TIE Fighter Pilot HAVE
39. Imperial Royal Guard HAVE

40. Grand Moff Tarkin
41. 2-1B HAVE
42. IG-88 HAVE

43. Dengar
44. Bossk HAVE
45. Wicket W. Warrick
46. Lobot
47. Ugnaught HAVE
48. Zev Senesca HAVE
49. Dak Ralter HAVE
50. Bib Fortuna HAVE

51. Garindan
52. Mace Windu HAVE
53. General Grievous HAVE

54. Qui-Gon Jinn
55. Count Dooku
56. Jar Jar Binks
57. Chancellor Palpatine
58. Ahsoka Tano
59. Clone Trooper HAVE
60. Aayla Secura HAVE

61. Tion Medon
62. Coleman Trebor HAVE
63. Aurra Sing HAVE

64. Watto HAVE
65. Kit Fisto HAVE
66. Poggle The Lesser HAVE

67. Nute Gunray
68. Sebulba HAVE
69. Barriss Offee
70. Captain Panaka HAVE
71. Shaak Ti HAVE
72. Asajj Ventress
73. Dexter Jettster
74. Taun We
75. Zam Wesell

Last edited by finfangfan; 09-13-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

One eBay seller packaged my disks in these which I think is a great idea for storage (easier to manage than penny sleeves):

http://www.amazon.com/Count-Resealab.../dp/B00YFAGPGO

I ordered the 500 count for $10
Old 09-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
One eBay seller packaged my disks in these which I think is a great idea for storage (easier to manage than penny sleeves):

http://www.amazon.com/Count-Resealab.../dp/B00YFAGPGO

I ordered the 500 count for $10
That's what I'm putting mine in also. They work great and can also be found at craft stores such as Hobby Lobby.
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:09 PM   #50 (permalink)

FLYGUY™: SDCC 2015 Topps Star Wars Interview | By @FLYGUY

^^Wave 2 in December if this wasn't already known.

I've actually had a tough time finding the $10 packs in various Walmarts AND there's a 3pack per order limit online... wonder how limited "wave 1" really is.

Last edited by BHotz; 09-13-2015 at 11:11 PM.