Blowout Cards Forums
2016 international shipping

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2015, 07:52 AM   #51 (permalink)

St. Louis area no longer has these in stock in any Walmart.

I may be partially responsible.

Also, has anyone actually used the 20-pocket coin sleeve BCW pages yet to hold these? I wanted to buy some but was burned once before on the 20-pocket tobacco size not fitting Allen & Ginter mini cards and am wary of pages since.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
St. Louis area no longer has these in stock in any Walmart.

I may be partially responsible.

Also, has anyone actually used the 20-pocket coin sleeve BCW pages yet to hold these? I wanted to buy some but was burned once before on the 20-pocket tobacco size not fitting Allen & Ginter mini cards and am wary of pages since.
I was at my LCS this weekend and that was what my guy recommended. He didn't have any in stock though, so I couldn't test it out. I worry that the disk would get scratched up when sliding in and out of the holder. The stickers seem easily susceptible to scratches.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
I was at my LCS this weekend and that was what my guy recommended. He didn't have any in stock though, so I couldn't test it out. I worry that the disk would get scratched up when sliding in and out of the holder. The stickers seem easily susceptible to scratches.
Yep I was thinking along those lines of the scratching as well. I saw the option of bagging each one individually, although it feels that may lead to the same issues. Guess I'm just looking for the perfect solution to present itself!
Old 09-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #54 (permalink)

I have some Poker Chip cases coming tomorrow... *crossing my fingers they'll work. The Connexions are the same size and thickness as most Poker Chips except with the hexagonal edges barely poke out but my 'poker chip cases' have a removable padding so thinking it might work.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #55 (permalink)

Let us know how the poker chip cases work out.

My 500 small ziplocks arrived today, and they will work for me. The plan is to bag them all and put them into the boxes topps vault uses to send out their eBay merch... Perfect height!

The only annoyance is the ziplocks come already sealed and they are kinda hard to open since they are so tiny. Minor annoyance, but kind of tedious.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #56 (permalink)

What size are these? Smaller or larger than a half dollar? I was thinking that the cardboard 2x2's that coin collectors use might work for these:

Cardboard 2x2 Coin Holders and Coin Flips

Then they can go into the 20 pocket pages mentioned above. Or, into storage boxes made for these 2x2's.
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:53 PM   #57 (permalink)

I personally think the plastic flips would work better, and you don't have to size them. One size fits up to a Silver Dollar. They may be cost prohibitive for a huge set (compared to soft sleeve prices anyway) but they are clear and fit in the 20 pocket pages. That's how I stored my old Doritos Lenticular Discs from 1997.

http://www.air-tites.com/vinyl-coin-...m#.VfiijJf3RSA

I would choose the archival safe ones of course.

Last edited by Dewman; 09-15-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Dewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
I personally think the plastic flips would work better, and you don't have to size them. One size fits up to a Silver Dollar. They may be cost prohibitive for a huge set (compared to soft sleeve prices anyway) but they are clear and fit in the 20 pocket pages. That's how I stored my old Doritos Lenticular Discs from 1997.

Vinyl Coin Flips and 2x2 Mylar Coin Holders

I would choose the archival safe ones of course.
Thanks for the link - some good options here. I'm considering the Vinyl 2x2 sleeves in a cardboard storage box. I'm not at all familiar with the various coin storage options though. Feels like this is similar to a regular 2-row shoebox:

#4505 Double Row Heavy Duty 2x2 Box - Black
Store all your crown sized cardboard coin holders or coin slabs with this heavy duty storage box.
Size: 14.5 L x 5" W $4.95

Thinking 2 of these may be my best option. Anyone with experience with these items feel otherwise?
Old 09-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #59 (permalink)

The poker chip cases kinda work. The ones I got were a little too big without in-liner and too small for the complete in-liner. Otherwise, I really like especially for the more valuable/displayable discs.

Looks like the 'Galactic Discs' measure ~43mm from the two longest points. I've got different ones coming (@ a better price) so going to see if they fit better.

Last edited by BHotz; 09-16-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #60 (permalink)

So friendly heads-up... there's either hot packs of the $4 boosters or some really bad collation (or insane luck).

Went "Walmart hopping" earlier. After striking out for $10 starters at three of them, I bought ONE $4 booster which contained 2 silvers and the rest clear pattern foils. I've seen my share of "hot boxes" both with sketch and nonsport product so went back into the same Walmart and bought three more... each had 1-2 'ultra rares.' Then made my third and final trip into the same Walmart and bought the last four.

In total from x8 $4 boosters (~$32):

2 gold (1:24)
3 silver (1:24)
3 green (1:8)
5 red (1:8)
14 rare (clear) pattern foils (1:8)
+ a ton more black/grey pattern foils

Here's a pic

Last edited by BHotz; 09-16-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:51 PM   #61 (permalink)

Got in 500 of the Vinyl coin flips - its a tight fit. The discs are so much thicker than a coin so it takes a little effort to get them in the flip carefully. Certainly don't just slide in like a card in a penny sleeve. Not sure how I feel about this option yet considering how much I spent.

I'll get some photos when I get home (may be tomorrow) so you can judge.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:36 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
Got in 500 of the Vinyl coin flips - its a tight fit. The discs are so much thicker than a coin so it takes a little effort to get them in the flip carefully. Certainly don't just slide in like a card in a penny sleeve. Not sure how I feel about this option yet considering how much I spent.

I'll get some photos when I get home (may be tomorrow) so you can judge.
Yeah... I would probably just chalk that up as a loss and not try to wedge anymore into them.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #63 (permalink)

Anyone find any that have the character picture on both sides?

I pulled this one this weekend

Zev Senesca (exact same picture on backside instead of the star wars logo)
jwilliammoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #64 (permalink)

No, that is an awesome error variation! If selling, you should put it up on eNay with a $100 OBO price to gauge interest. If it was a better character, it likely would go for more than that. As is, I would say $100ish?
Old 09-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
No, that is an awesome error variation! If selling, you should put it up on eNay with a $100 OBO price to gauge interest. If it was a better character, it likely would go for more than that. As is, I would say $100ish?
I don't think it will go anywhere near $100, BUT very cool error none-the-less and sure if you want to milk it, go for a high BIN w/ best-offer. I've seen countless cool non-sport and gaming errors that barely get a premium with many collectors/gamers having zero interest.

So about those 'poker chip' cases. I found better ones... and they are 'coin cases' (40mm with inliner). Not a bad price in bulk either (like ~$9 per 30) -->

I am soooooo addicted to these. Starting to form a 'Gold' collection and working on multiple base sets because I've broken so many of those $10 starters, lol. How's everyone else's sets going? I'm open for trading though been dumping a lot of green/reds on eBay... going to dump black/grey/clear extras here soon after my next shipment so yeah if anyone wants to compare haves/needs.

Last edited by BHotz; 09-21-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:54 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliammoore View Post
Anyone find any that have the character picture on both sides?

I pulled this one this weekend

Zev Senesca (exact same picture on backside instead of the star wars logo)
I was in moderation waiting period to post forever

Been wanting to get on this board for the connexions.

I too have come across one double sided disk. Pretty cool looking. Mine is a clear foil flametrooper I think.

They look really neat double sided (better even?).

Let me know if you decide to list it!

thanks,
Jason

Last edited by jasoncam; 09-24-2015 at 07:57 AM.
jasoncam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #67 (permalink)

Just made this thread in the B/S/T section.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/n...ml#post9880170
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #68 (permalink)

Default Short Prints

I have been focusing on the blues (foil and regular).

I figure since I've reached out to Topps on numerous occasions with no response (email, facebook, tweets) I'd bring my concerns here.

There appears to be either extreme piss poor distribution of these, or legitimate short prints, particularly in the blue names. (By distribution I don't mean walmarts not having them, I mean particular people not showing up on eBay the first two weeks, and then for some odd reason a wave of "missing" ones going up)

Also of note, I own a Patterned Foil Blue, something that Topps denies they even made (per their facebook official star wars page).

The set is becoming impossible to complete. Some haven't even been seen for sale.

There also appears to be some shorter prints in the clear foil and clear patterned, but I have managed to finally complete a set of each.

Jason
Old 09-24-2015, 09:22 AM   #69 (permalink)

Welcome to the boards!

Post a picture of the patterned blue disk!
Old 09-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #70 (permalink)

Let's see if I can do this right. Put one of each together. Regular, foil, and the pattern.

Topps Star Wars Galactic Connexions Trading Disks-image.jpg

Jason
Old 09-24-2015, 09:51 AM   #71 (permalink)

Sweet! Cool character too! I kind of thought Topps would sneak some pattern foils in there... Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

It looks like you have an extremely rare disk there!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Sweet! Cool character too! I kind of thought Topps would sneak some pattern foils in there... Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

It looks like you have an extremely rare disk there!
Too bad topps says they didn't make them. Probably someone low on the totem pole that said as such. I have never seen another.

J

Last edited by jasoncam; 09-24-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncam View Post
I have been focusing on the blues (foil and regular).

I figure since I've reached out to Topps on numerous occasions with no response (email, facebook, tweets) I'd bring my concerns here.

There appears to be either extreme piss poor distribution of these, or legitimate short prints, particularly in the blue names. (By distribution I don't mean walmarts not having them, I mean particular people not showing up on eBay the first two weeks, and then for some odd reason a wave of "missing" ones going up)

Also of note, I own a Patterned Foil Blue, something that Topps denies they even made (per their facebook official star wars page).

The set is becoming impossible to complete. Some haven't even been seen for sale.

There also appears to be some shorter prints in the clear foil and clear patterned, but I have managed to finally complete a set of each.

Jason
Yeah that pattern blue is neat! So looks like another error variation similar to double-sided/etc. I've opened a TON of the $10 starters and bought a few lots... the only error variation I've found was a Disc with the sticker on the backside upside down so all errors seem very rare.

What set is becoming impossible to complete... the blue foil/nonfoil? Which ones have you yet to see?

I think distribution is the main culprit but short-print is possible. I say this because in my breaks a few times when I hit Golds there would be a Green and Red of the same character in my ~3-12 starter break. Also got suspiciously more doubles of red/green characters than should have. It almost feels regional too as my starters all came from Southern Indiana/Northern Kentucky. It's not like my Ultra Rares were everywhere on eBay either... most seemed just as rare as the others or maybe more rare (ie possibly regional distribution).

Also, I've yet to see a Walmart get multiple shipments and all that I've hit up had either 6 or 0 starters. It's been a few weeks now so I'm starting to think Wave 1 is pretty limited even with the flooding on eBay... once they dry up the 1st editions could be gone forever. I guess the next batch/Wave is "Wave 2" as the video I previously linked mentioned is in December. Wonder if those will just be unlimited/2nd edition or new Discs too?

Think I'm going to try for a set of all Greys, all Blacks and just the regular/foil Clears... the pattern Clears are a bit too tough for me, lol. Trying for a few rainbows and hoarding all Golds too.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #74 (permalink)

I wouldn't put it past Topps to have done a very rare patterned foil blue variation, perhaps 1 to 5 of each?

We know the battle damaged etc are only limited to 15 or so of each.

I have however looked at every single auction on ebay, and have never seen another patterned foil blue. So got me. I inspected it closely. I purchased it in a lot from a reputable ebayer. So no shenanigans there. And I don't think you can pick off the stickers and put it on another without noticeable effects. This one looks like straight from the factory, so I'm confident it came directly from Topps.

I am down to needing about 10 or so of each blue variation, regular and foil. Funny the distribution of these. Example: I was missing Zam. Hadn't seen one in forever. Then out of nowhere they started popping up. Now I have two I got from packs, and there have been another 4 or so on eBay (if not more) in the past week. There was literally only one listed the first couple weeks the product was out there.

I keep buying packs, and I keep getting the same ones over and over. Now I only pick up packs if there are a lot of them in the auction. If my suspicion is right on short prints, then I'm better off just spending money on the individuals as I see them list.

So I'm kind of waiting to see what pops up next. Topps refuses to answer me. Given the last time I bought a Topps product was 10 years ago and they hosed me then (see eTopps), I guess I can't say I'm surprised.

My local walmart had several of the 5-packs. I didn't buy any. I'm not in the market for any of the grey or black, and certainly not the green or red. At least the green and red are reasonable now in the $3 range for some.

I love the look and feel of the gold and death star silver. Probably not going to go for the set, despite having probably half of it. With the liquidation going on in them right now, I guess it's now or never. But I'm keeping off buying stuff like that until I figure out what game Topps is playing.

For all I know they could've messed up the blues distribution, and now are going to leak out some of the ones they didn't distribute in the first place. Wouldn't put it past them. I'm monitoring the number of connexions auctions. Pretty flat week over week. Waiting to see supply decline.

We should get a bump up if the auctions listed numbers continue to decline and as we head into wave 2.

The patterned clears weren't too hard to put together. I'm sure you could easily do it if you just cross them off on one of the checklists and buy what you need on eBay. Everyone dumping out of everything. Only the blues are holding value and possibly going up (some lots of what I deem "common" blue are selling for higher prices than I would have expected).

For our sake, let's hope Topps made what they made, and aren't going to open the printing presses further.

Jason

Last edited by jasoncam; 09-24-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncam View Post
I was in moderation waiting period to post forever

Been wanting to get on this board for the connexions.

I too have come across one double sided disk. Pretty cool looking. Mine is a clear foil flametrooper I think.

They look really neat double sided (better even?).

Let me know if you decide to list it!

thanks,
Jason
Listed the dual sided Zev this evening.
Here is a better picture of it.
jwilliammoore is offline   Reply With Quote