Blowout Cards Forums
2016 star wars

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS


NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2016, 07:46 PM   #226 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueleader View Post
What a thrill...$100 a box for a guaranteed medallion worth $2.
No one will be selling a medallion less than 50 for 2 bucks, if they do I will buy them all day long

and where you paying 100 bucks they are in the 80-85 area at worst, least right now

Last edited by Sharard; 08-11-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #227 (permalink)
Member
 
Blueleader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 215
Default

Oh as usual initially people will list them for sale like they are made of 20k gold but look at medallions from years past and they cannot give them away except maybe for a very few. I go by actual sell prices, not listing prices.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
No one will be selling a medallion less than 50 for 2 bucks, if they do I will buy them all day long
Blueleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #228 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueleader View Post
Oh as usual initially people will list them for sale like they are made of 20k gold but look at medallions from years past and they cannot give them away except maybe for a very few. I go by actual sell prices, not listing prices.
These are not the same as in the past, youll get like 2 maybe three a case where the worst one youll get will be les than /50.. If I see medallion numbered less than /50 at 2 bucks ill be buyer all day long.

Guess we will see.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:06 PM   #229 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
These are not the same as in the past, youll get like 2 maybe three a case where the worst one youll get will be les than /50.. If I see medallion numbered less than /50 at 2 bucks ill be buyer all day long.

Guess we will see.
I think your right, at least I hope. While all manufactured relics suck, with these only having 50 each will keep decent, not great, values at least. There are still set builders out there and there should not be a flood of these available like there are with the previous /299 and /199 relics. I'll be building a set so that will only leave 49 out there if that helps haha.
__________________
Always Looking to buy/trade for Auto cards of University of Florida players in college uniform, Dale Murphy cards, and hard to find Star Wars Autos
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #230 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,132
Default

I really can't see the /50 medallions fetching more then $10-$15. No more. The really SP ones will be good, but the reality is that there are too many sets with medallions and patches and not enough ppl collecting them...
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:45 PM   #231 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
I really can't see the /50 medallions fetching more then $10-$15. No more. The really SP ones will be good, but the reality is that there are too many sets with medallions and patches and not enough ppl collecting them...
Agreed which is no worse than 5 10 dollar auto and a 2-5 medallion in the days of the two hits where every hit had least a medallion. and there might be a sp medallion per case.

Im not saying these are great hits by any means, just we really are making to much of the 1 hit compared to previous releases, what they did is mess up group breaks more than anything.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #232 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
Agreed which is no worse than 5 10 dollar auto and a 2-5 medallion in the days of the two hits where every hit had least a medallion. and there might be a sp medallion per case.

Im not saying these are great hits by any means, just we really are making to much of the 1 hit compared to previous releases, what they did is mess up group breaks more than anything.
Agree, but I also don't want Topps thinking that this is ok and acceptable. At a dist/direct price of $70 aren't we owed more? I realize that it's a "pandora'S box" question but when this sells out we now just create a new low for Topps to build on...
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:08 PM   #233 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,688
Default

Yep, boxes should have been $10-$15 cheaper with the one hit but Topps felt like they could price it this way because it's chrome. I think that is a good estimate on what the medallions will be with a couple carrying a slight premium but that is a big improvement over a $3-$4 flag patch imo.
__________________
Always Looking to buy/trade for Auto cards of University of Florida players in college uniform, Dale Murphy cards, and hard to find Star Wars Autos
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #234 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
Agree, but I also don't want Topps thinking that this is ok and acceptable. At a dist/direct price of $70 aren't we owed more? I realize that it's a "pandora'S box" question but when this sells out we now just create a new low for Topps to build on...
If it sells out, its more the daisy factor than anything. I think a lot more would been ordered if Rey was announced as a signer back when. I have no inside info or anything, but I just think chrome was advertised at time where we still had last years chrome in our head, evolution coming out and frankly fed up with No Daisy in the product, was very under ordered compared to last releases.. Then Ill find out how wrong ill be and see a print run of 15000 boxes.

heh on a side not, CC changed the info on the triples and duals to show what you guys said.

Last edited by Sharard; 08-11-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:46 AM   #235 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 724
Default

Case break is up here
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #236 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueleader View Post
Oh as usual initially people will list them for sale like they are made of 20k gold but look at medallions from years past and they cannot give them away except maybe for a very few. I go by actual sell prices, not listing prices.
On the contrary - usually pieces out of the gate are listed too low at first.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #237 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,115
Default

Distributor just cut me from 4 cases to 2.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #238 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Distributor just cut me from 4 cases to 2.
that't interesting. major dist I assume? I'm guessing they said they were cut back?
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #239 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 1,107
Default

I was cut from 4 to 1, so I said I would pass, so tired of GTS cutting me so much
__________________
http://www.gofundme.com/emmaleebike1p36
Campbelljh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #240 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,132
Default

Well from production standpoint I guess this has movement. Although didn't they cut everyone on Force Awakens 1 product and then most distributors mysteriously had some more? Furthermore that has come down under a $100 per box, so I am not sure what to think about this..
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:05 PM   #241 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
Well from production standpoint I guess this has movement. Although didn't they cut everyone on Force Awakens 1 product and then most distributors mysteriously had some more? Furthermore that has come down under a $100 per box, so I am not sure what to think about this..
I'm hoping they under-produced due to lack of pre-orders. That may be why distributors got cut on this now, and maybe there's more orders filling in now with the Rey addition.
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #242 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbelljh3 View Post
I was cut from 4 to 1, so I said I would pass, so tired of GTS cutting me so much
GTS is garbage. If they think a product will be popular in the slightest they will cut orders and sell on dealernet or just hold a week and offer to the stores they cut at a higher price. They will never get my business again.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #243 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
GTS is garbage. If they think a product will be popular in the slightest they will cut orders and sell on dealernet or just hold a week and offer to the stores they cut at a higher price. They will never get my business again.
well now I'm waiting for my phone call......nothing yet so fingers are crossed!
__________________
Always Looking to buy/trade for Auto cards of University of Florida players in college uniform, Dale Murphy cards, and hard to find Star Wars Autos
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #244 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,132
Default

Well BO has it back down at $940...so readily available..
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #245 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,590
Default

My distributor still has cases available, so not sure what to think about people getting cut.
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #246 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerg30 View Post
My distributor still has cases available, so not sure what to think about people getting cut.
I think this may just be GTS. I also recently checked and one dist had a "few" cases left and the other also said they had some as well. My suggestion for the GTS ppl is to just shop around a bit.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:03 PM   #247 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

I think allot of places got smaller than normal orders.. Like 1 store I know usually gets 5-7 only got 2. Think a lot places getting them just not their usual amount.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #248 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

Been watching the eBay auctions and convinced the ones selling sealed boxes at like 62-65 a box after fees really won't be selling just medallion boxes. Think they are just opening cases till they think scored the big hit or 2 of the case. In fact might just be keeping the medallion boxes as I see them selling higher than a lot of autos listed as there are more of the base autos than limited medallions.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:46 PM   #249 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,368
Default

So I was going to buy into the break, however looking at the breakout and price, it is just not a good buy. I would rather buy more boxes than get in this break.
I mean of the 25 total spots, only 3-4 spots will even get their value back!
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #250 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 674
Default First Buzz: 2016 Topps Star Wars: The Force Awakens Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
So I was going to buy into the break, however looking at the breakout and price, it is just not a good buy. I would rather buy more boxes than get in this break.
I mean of the 25 total spots, only 3-4 spots will even get their value back!


It's a true point ^^^ I'm only in it I guess because I haven't been in a SW break yet and I'm not patient enough for the next product. My nonsensical card collectorness coming into play. The excitement for the Rey or Ford autos is very valid as well. It's a gamble and we all know that

Last edited by joudenjouden; 08-13-2016 at 06:14 PM.
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.