Blowout Cards Forums
17 mega march

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #76 (permalink)

I'm in at yikes 5 cases at 69 a box. I'm hoping just flip the cases sealed I guess . Even if I need to take a small loss I'm willing just get rid of them, but still hoping maybe lot of people didn't order and maybe not a lot printed.

Guess I'm also hoping they add another decent auto. And maybe more FA scenes in chrome will add a bit of value

So mad at myself ordering this but need to get it so it does not mess up my pre order with masterwork

Last edited by Sharard; 06-17-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
I'm in at yikes 5 cases at 69 a box. I'm hoping just flip the cases sealed I guess . Even if I need to take a small loss I'm willing just get rid of them, but still hoping maybe lot of people didn't order and maybe not a lot printed.

Guess I'm also hoping they add another decent auto. And maybe more FA scenes in chrome will add a bit of value

So mad at myself ordering this but need to get it so done mess up my pre order with masterwork
At 69/box you should be fine and do well. Even without the hits you still have the refractors and Chrome master sets generally do not sell for cheap! Any superfractor with Rey or Ren on the card are going to be huge its and can't wait to see what they go for.
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #78 (permalink)

Initially within the first week or so, $69 is probably fine. Really thinking there going to run the presses this release. I know everyone compares everything to Chrome 2, but it can be bought for $40 per box which is crazy.

Honestly even Masterworks is starting to scare me a bit. These sets that boast "the largest signing list ever!" is not a good thing. I don't know why Topps keep pumping that line with sets. All that means to me is that I have a greater chance at pulling a nobody auto. 2K per case on BO?...Hmmm...
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
Initially within the first week or so, $69 is probably fine. Really thinking there going to run the presses this release. I know everyone compares everything to Chrome 2, but it can be bought for $40 per box which is crazy.

Honestly even Masterworks is starting to scare me a bit. These sets that boast "the largest signing list ever!" is not a good thing. I don't know why Topps keep pumping that line with sets. All that means to me is that I have a greater chance at pulling a nobody auto. 2K per case on BO?...Hmmm...
Thank your fellow sports breakers for all of this mess.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Thank your fellow sports breakers for all of this mess.
This is true too. One of my main distributors told me that every sports card store wants in on Masterwork this year. I am seriously considering just selling sealed product this time and not opening anything.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #81 (permalink)

I'll be doing a combination of both. I really got lucky this time around and got in before the prices rocketed. They hopefully will have some FA pictures and scenes in this. That will help the set a lot I think. They really need an a new A lister to really put this over the top. Doesn't have to be Rey , can be Driver or the guy played Poe. Something of that nature. Though I guess it should be serkis first on card Star Wars card also for Masterworks. And this was in regard of masterworks for price.

Chrome really scares me and really worried going to lose quite a bit on it.

Last edited by Sharard; 06-18-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:09 AM   #82 (permalink)

I think this product will still be all sticker autos, unless they do a special signing with someone like they did with Boyega on his Evolution autos.
We have to wait for Masterwork for on card autos.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #83 (permalink)

pushed back to 8/19?

masterworks to 11/2

Last edited by kyle1707; 06-22-2016 at 11:18 AM.
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:17 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
pushed back to 8/19?

masterworks to 11/2
and High Tek Dec 16th
Hippiekmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
pushed back to 8/19?

masterworks to 11/2
Ugh.......!
Old 06-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #86 (permalink)

I'm okay with it. Get it all right.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #87 (permalink)

This is actually not a bad thing and totally expected.
Topps had not been talking about it much, so there was no way it was coming out in 3 weeks.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:07 PM   #88 (permalink)

I agree that taking the time to get it right is a good thing it's just that the 4th quarter is going to be sooo loaded. This being pushed to the very end of 3rd qtr and still having the exclusive 3D widevision set wedged in there somewhere, well, that's where the Ugh comes from.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #89 (permalink)

This really works for me too with so much in other stuff atm.. especially the masterworks This was good new for me on both fronts.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #90 (permalink)

But as we have seen, when one product gets pushed then the next gets pushed out.
Chances are High Tek doesn't even come out until January or December at the earliest even though it says 11/16 right now.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #91 (permalink)

Yea no way on Tek right? Everything gets shoved back 2 months I would agree.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #92 (permalink)

Which is a win i feel both for buyer and seller.. maybe dumpers can wait a week before panicking.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #93 (permalink)

Anyone know the release date for Road to Rogue One? You figure for that one they need to hit their mark, with the movie release date in December, I wouldn't be surprised if Masterwork and Tek get pushed back even further, right?

I mean, they need a card set out before the movie for their first stand-alone Star Wars film I would think.
Jaysabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #94 (permalink)

Oh sorry missed that High Tek was updated to 12/16
Old 06-22-2016, 03:26 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysabz View Post
Anyone know the release date for Road to Rogue One? You figure for that one they need to hit their mark, with the movie release date in December, I wouldn't be surprised if Masterwork and Tek get pushed back even further, right?

I mean, they need a card set out before the movie for their first stand-alone Star Wars film I would think.
9/30 and yes they will do everything to hit that mark but remember last year they did not hit the Force Friday release date with JTTFA as it was also delayed.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:30 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
But as we have seen, when one product gets pushed then the next gets pushed out.
Chances are High Tek doesn't even come out until January or December at the earliest even though it says 11/16 right now.
But with another 8-10 sets again next year (most likely) the push back has to stop at some point or they are going to pile up eventually. Maybe this will be a sign to Topps that they need to slow down. I mean, if they can't even keep up with production then how are consumers supposed to keep up?
Old 06-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
9/30 and yes they will do everything to hit that mark but remember last year they did not hit the Force Friday release date with JTTFA as it was also delayed.
Agreed, but I think Topps will be more focused on getting out this set than JTTFA, as this is the first standalone film and I have to believe they'll be doing a lot more promotion all around on the film.

Episode VII was going to be a monster, everyone knew it, but even I, an avid Star Wars fan, look forward to seeing the film but I'm nowhere near as amped as I was for Episode VII and definitely won't be spending as much on merchandise and cards for RO as I did on Episode VII or VIII and IX for that matter.
Jaysabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #98 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

Was it already announced that this set would be available at Target? I don't recall seeing that before today's release schedule posted by Topps Star Wars on FB.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #99 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkenburg View Post
Was it already announced that this set would be available at Target? I don't recall seeing that before today's release schedule posted by Topps Star Wars on FB.
yes they will be available at target.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #100 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
yes they will be available at target.
Cool. I must have missed that (or just forgot it!). Do we know what kind of SKU Target will carry?