Blowout Cards Forums
17 mega march

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS


NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

I'm in at yikes 5 cases at 69 a box. I'm hoping just flip the cases sealed I guess . Even if I need to take a small loss I'm willing just get rid of them, but still hoping maybe lot of people didn't order and maybe not a lot printed.

Guess I'm also hoping they add another decent auto. And maybe more FA scenes in chrome will add a bit of value

So mad at myself ordering this but need to get it so it does not mess up my pre order with masterwork

Last edited by Sharard; 06-17-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
I'm in at yikes 5 cases at 69 a box. I'm hoping just flip the cases sealed I guess . Even if I need to take a small loss I'm willing just get rid of them, but still hoping maybe lot of people didn't order and maybe not a lot printed.

Guess I'm also hoping they add another decent auto. And maybe more FA scenes in chrome will add a bit of value

So mad at myself ordering this but need to get it so done mess up my pre order with masterwork
At 69/box you should be fine and do well. Even without the hits you still have the refractors and Chrome master sets generally do not sell for cheap! Any superfractor with Rey or Ren on the card are going to be huge its and can't wait to see what they go for.
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,132
Default

Initially within the first week or so, $69 is probably fine. Really thinking there going to run the presses this release. I know everyone compares everything to Chrome 2, but it can be bought for $40 per box which is crazy.

Honestly even Masterworks is starting to scare me a bit. These sets that boast "the largest signing list ever!" is not a good thing. I don't know why Topps keep pumping that line with sets. All that means to me is that I have a greater chance at pulling a nobody auto. 2K per case on BO?...Hmmm...
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 4,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
Initially within the first week or so, $69 is probably fine. Really thinking there going to run the presses this release. I know everyone compares everything to Chrome 2, but it can be bought for $40 per box which is crazy.

Honestly even Masterworks is starting to scare me a bit. These sets that boast "the largest signing list ever!" is not a good thing. I don't know why Topps keep pumping that line with sets. All that means to me is that I have a greater chance at pulling a nobody auto. 2K per case on BO?...Hmmm...
Thank your fellow sports breakers for all of this mess.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Thank your fellow sports breakers for all of this mess.
This is true too. One of my main distributors told me that every sports card store wants in on Masterwork this year. I am seriously considering just selling sealed product this time and not opening anything.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

I'll be doing a combination of both. I really got lucky this time around and got in before the prices rocketed. They hopefully will have some FA pictures and scenes in this. That will help the set a lot I think. They really need an a new A lister to really put this over the top. Doesn't have to be Rey , can be Driver or the guy played Poe. Something of that nature. Though I guess it should be serkis first on card Star Wars card also for Masterworks. And this was in regard of masterworks for price.

Chrome really scares me and really worried going to lose quite a bit on it.

Last edited by Sharard; 06-18-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:09 AM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,368
Default

I think this product will still be all sticker autos, unless they do a special signing with someone like they did with Boyega on his Evolution autos.
We have to wait for Masterwork for on card autos.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
kyle1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,761
Default

pushed back to 8/19?

masterworks to 11/2

Last edited by kyle1707; 06-22-2016 at 11:18 AM.
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:17 PM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
pushed back to 8/19?

masterworks to 11/2
and High Tek Dec 16th
Hippiekmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
pushed back to 8/19?

masterworks to 11/2
Ugh.......!
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,132
Default

I'm okay with it. Get it all right.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,368
Default

This is actually not a bad thing and totally expected.
Topps had not been talking about it much, so there was no way it was coming out in 3 weeks.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:07 PM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,688
Default

I agree that taking the time to get it right is a good thing it's just that the 4th quarter is going to be sooo loaded. This being pushed to the very end of 3rd qtr and still having the exclusive 3D widevision set wedged in there somewhere, well, that's where the Ugh comes from.
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

This really works for me too with so much in other stuff atm.. especially the masterworks This was good new for me on both fronts.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,368
Default

But as we have seen, when one product gets pushed then the next gets pushed out.
Chances are High Tek doesn't even come out until January or December at the earliest even though it says 11/16 right now.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,132
Default

Yea no way on Tek right? Everything gets shoved back 2 months I would agree.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,691
Default

Which is a win i feel both for buyer and seller.. maybe dumpers can wait a week before panicking.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
Jaysabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greater Philadelphia Area
Posts: 744
Default

Anyone know the release date for Road to Rogue One? You figure for that one they need to hit their mark, with the movie release date in December, I wouldn't be surprised if Masterwork and Tek get pushed back even further, right?

I mean, they need a card set out before the movie for their first stand-alone Star Wars film I would think.
Jaysabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,368
Default

Oh sorry missed that High Tek was updated to 12/16
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:26 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysabz View Post
Anyone know the release date for Road to Rogue One? You figure for that one they need to hit their mark, with the movie release date in December, I wouldn't be surprised if Masterwork and Tek get pushed back even further, right?

I mean, they need a card set out before the movie for their first stand-alone Star Wars film I would think.
9/30 and yes they will do everything to hit that mark but remember last year they did not hit the Force Friday release date with JTTFA as it was also delayed.
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:30 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
But as we have seen, when one product gets pushed then the next gets pushed out.
Chances are High Tek doesn't even come out until January or December at the earliest even though it says 11/16 right now.
But with another 8-10 sets again next year (most likely) the push back has to stop at some point or they are going to pile up eventually. Maybe this will be a sign to Topps that they need to slow down. I mean, if they can't even keep up with production then how are consumers supposed to keep up?
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
Jaysabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greater Philadelphia Area
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
9/30 and yes they will do everything to hit that mark but remember last year they did not hit the Force Friday release date with JTTFA as it was also delayed.
Agreed, but I think Topps will be more focused on getting out this set than JTTFA, as this is the first standalone film and I have to believe they'll be doing a lot more promotion all around on the film.

Episode VII was going to be a monster, everyone knew it, but even I, an avid Star Wars fan, look forward to seeing the film but I'm nowhere near as amped as I was for Episode VII and definitely won't be spending as much on merchandise and cards for RO as I did on Episode VII or VIII and IX for that matter.
Jaysabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #98 (permalink)
Member
 
Faulkenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,076
Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg
Default

Was it already announced that this set would be available at Target? I don't recall seeing that before today's release schedule posted by Topps Star Wars on FB.
__________________
Currently Seeking: /25 or less Ezra Bridger Taylor Gray
Faulkenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,544
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkenburg View Post
Was it already announced that this set would be available at Target? I don't recall seeing that before today's release schedule posted by Topps Star Wars on FB.
yes they will be available at target.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! Looking for Khalil Mack "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
Faulkenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,076
Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
yes they will be available at target.
Cool. I must have missed that (or just forgot it!). Do we know what kind of SKU Target will carry?
__________________
Currently Seeking: /25 or less Ezra Bridger Taylor Gray
Faulkenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.