Blowout Cards Forums
bronx blaster aaron judge

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
It also depends on the print run. I'm probably way off, but this could be smaller print run than we think. I mean I think people are focusing on the hit too much .There were tons of boxes in the past where you got a 10-15 auto or sketch and 5 dollar medallion or manufactured patch. I'm not saying prices won't go down but we have a short memory on what 2 hits were. You can get two or three medallions from a case they will sell more than the 12 from a case you got from previous releases

I'm just saying your not much worse off on bad box with low value auto because I think the limited medallions over all will do better being limited. You still needed a decent name or high end sketch in past releases to do ok and thus is no different.
This is so true. When was the last time the 2nd hit meant anything in a SW box? Does anyone remember getting double medallioned in a Chrome 1 box? I sure do!
Old 08-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
This is so true. When was the last time the 2nd hit meant anything in a SW box? Does anyone remember getting double medallioned in a Chrome 1 box? I sure do!
I just posted my case of FA1 in the box break section

I will say that 1 of my medallion cards was a pretty big hit, but generally they are not worth much.

Bad thing was that I had 2 boxes that I got double medallioned and I only got 1 auto in the whole case!

Typically you should get 3 on average and 1 of the 3 should come from the following group:
Han Solo, Rey, Finn, Leia, R2-D2, C-3PO or Chewbacca
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
Just because these medallions are limited, what makes you think that'll mean much?

It's still a generic company produced item with no real value. I didn't keep track of the ROTS 3D medallions, but I feel like the better ones were the sketch medallions, for obvious reasons, and that was like a 1,000 box print run, right?

I get that there will be people who want a full medallion set and if they're /199 or something that'll help, but the patches in Evolution were /199 or better and didn't do much. Just saying. We'll have to wait and see though what the market does.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:01 PM   #179 (permalink)

I am not for medallions, but I will say some do sell very well.
I just sold a Stormtrooper Gold Medallion from FA1 #/5 for $125 and possibly could have got more.
I got several offers of over $100! So it wasn't just 1 person wanting it at a high price.

Also say you pull a Medallion of Rey #/10 or 1/1, chances are that will be your highest $ card in the entire case.

You will probably get about 2 medallions per case, and I am almost certain that they will not be your worst hits.

With all that said, I wish they were just bonus hits! LOL
Old 08-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I am not for medallions, but I will say some do sell very well.
I just sold a Stormtrooper Gold Medallion from FA1 #/5 for $125 and possibly could have got more.
I got several offers of over $100! So it wasn't just 1 person wanting it at a high price.

Also say you pull a Medallion of Rey #/10 or 1/1, chances are that will be your highest $ card in the entire case.

You will probably get about 2 medallions per case, and I am almost certain that they will not be your worst hits.

With all that said, I wish they were just bonus hits! LOL
Your right, there will be worse hits than the medallions. Even if the medallions pull a worse case $10 that will be more value than a few of the autos.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #181 (permalink)

Blowoutbuzz said its one auto per box. It was in the article when Topps announced they landed Ridley. I wonder if the medallions will be extra hits, if there indeed is an auto per box.
Saban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #182 (permalink)

I'm really curious how retail will be with the exclusive patches for this set. Not sure if they will be in blasters only or also in value packs and single packs.

I always see "hot packs" on eBay of the Force Awakens medallions/patches but whenever they release in stores I always get there after the shelf is in disarray and picked over. I'd love to pick up cheaper hits like that for $2. Hopefully I can get there first at my local Target stores this time haha.

I also tweeted to Topps Von Ohlen guy to ask about the relics again, it's weird they haven't said anything and we're just over a week away from release.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #183 (permalink)

On another note, not sure if I trust these eBay auctions ending around $74 (shipped) for hobby boxes.

Not sure if people will be weighing them for medallions or not but seems like that could happen. Although, I do get that with superfractors and such even if a box had a medallion there could be another crazy card in the box other than the "hit'.

I feel if anything, that would've been done more with something like the loose Masterwork mini-boxes from Series 1 where you knew the relics were plain, whereas Series 2 later this year will have auto relics as well!
Old 08-10-2016, 01:34 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saban1 View Post
Blowoutbuzz said its one auto per box. It was in the article when Topps announced they landed Ridley. I wonder if the medallions will be extra hits, if there indeed is an auto per box.
Is this true? Must have missed this. I've only seen 1 hit per box.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
Is this true? Must have missed this. I've only seen 1 hit per box.
I'm not sure, just read on the article that hobby boxes come with one auto per box. I'm not sure if it's a misprint or what.
Saban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #186 (permalink)

Na, copied from the sales sheet topps put out

1 hit per box including autographs, sketch cards,
costume pieces, medallions and printing plates!
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah, but it could've changed. That sell sheet is older than the Ridley auto article.

I won't trust anything til we get official odds from the packs or see what the outside of the box says.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
On another note, not sure if I trust these eBay auctions ending around $74 (shipped) for hobby boxes.

Not sure if people will be weighing them for medallions or not but seems like that could happen. Although, I do get that with superfractors and such even if a box had a medallion there could be another crazy card in the box other than the "hit'.

I feel if anything, that would've been done more with something like the loose Masterwork mini-boxes from Series 1 where you knew the relics were plain, whereas Series 2 later this year will have auto relics as well!
They are losing money at $74, unless like you said they are weighing boxes and selling the heavy ones.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
They are losing money at $74, unless like you said they are weighing boxes and selling the heavy ones.
they are not only losing money on the boxes but also losing by not being able to complete master sets from selling 2-3 boxes from a case. If this is what is happening. Bad idea all around.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #190 (permalink)

Default First Buzz: 2016 Topps Star Wars: The Force Awakens Chrome

Quote:

Posted today
"Here is the official checklist for Topps Star Wars: The Force Awakens Chrome will be out August 19th! This set features one hit per hobby box with autographs, sketch cards, print plates and medallions!"

Also, they announced no costume relics :/ "For everyone asking, we had to remove the costumes at the last minute but hope to get them into a future set. We replaced them with additional autograph signers, taking our total to 28 actors signing as 30 characters, and added in more duals and triples."
Not sure who posted the case break odds above with 2.25 costumes per case (super nice to read btw) but that'll change all those odds...

Got some nice duals and triples as well. I like the Hamill/Fisher/Boyega and the Empire one with Serkis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by joudenjouden; 08-10-2016 at 04:36 PM.
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:35 PM   #191 (permalink)

Double post
Old 08-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #192 (permalink)

Man, is Topps really not knowing they won't have costume cards until a week before release? I don't know how the distribution all works, but I'd assume they would have known a few weeks ago since the cards are likely printed already for a major release like this. If Topps already had these boxed up and ready to ship, then Disney couldn't have pulled these insert cards without them opening up every box. Just bs they wait and hype up Rey to get more pre-orders then remove things last minute.

They say they added some dual and triple configs to make up for it, but what is that, like from #/3 to #/5?
Old 08-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Man, is Topps really not knowing they won't have costume cards until a week before release? I don't know how the distribution all works, but I'd assume they would have known a few weeks ago since the cards are likely printed already for a major release like this. If Topps already had these boxed up and ready to ship, then Disney couldn't have pulled these insert cards without them opening up every box. Just bs they wait and hype up Rey to get more pre-orders then remove things last minute.

They say they added some dual and triple configs to make up for it, but what is that, like from #/3 to #/5?

Exactly. They've known this for months, they just thought it would go by unnoticed. 10 autos doesn't really cover 100's of costumes

Old 08-10-2016, 05:47 PM   #194 (permalink)

No mention on the checklist of SP's either
I thought they were doing like 25 SP's that you got 1 per box.
That is another $10 card per box that is being excluded!
No harder inserts or chase other than parallels.
I know this will make some happy, but kind of a boring break now IMO!
Old 08-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joudenjouden View Post
Posted today
"Here is the official checklist for Topps Star Wars: The Force Awakens Chrome will be out August 19th! This set features one hit per hobby box with autographs, sketch cards, print plates and medallions!"

Also, they announced no costume relics :/ "For everyone asking, we had to remove the costumes at the last minute but hope to get them into a future set. We replaced them with additional autograph signers, taking our total to 28 actors signing as 30 characters, and added in more duals and triples."
Not sure who posted the case break odds above with 2.25 costumes per case (super nice to read btw) but that'll change all those odds...

Got some nice duals and triples as well. I like the Hamill/Fisher/Boyega and the Empire one with Serkis.

I stand corrected and thanks for the update. boy, I was sure wrong and freely admit it.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #196 (permalink)

I would really like to see Charles Hall, Sean Pence, The Glebe Brothers, Kezel, Proctor and many others on the sketch card lineup. If Topps is going to go all "Cryptozoic" on these sketches, and make them 2-3 per case, with only a handful of artists.... then they need to start upping the ante and enforcing some prime time work from an all-star cast. (not mentioning names, love alot of them)

I enjoy many of the artists on the list, but there are few that leave a bit to be desired..
Old 08-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #197 (permalink)

ive been right about as much a politician during a debate, so why stop now being totally wrong, but this seems to me this will be a smaller print run than most think and was very low ordered. Hence, why no costume stuff. I think they only get a limited amount of costume parts and want in a better and bigger release.

And further news Tops chrome prints 15000 cases joking I hope

Last edited by Sharard; 08-10-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:55 PM   #198 (permalink)

Classic bait and switch on the relics! If Topps truly pulled these at the last minute then that means we will see relics in a future product with the TFA Chrome logo on them. They have known for weeks that they would not be in the final product but, hey, who needs to know all the details right?
Old 08-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #199 (permalink)

Im curious to an answer Would you rather seen the relics stay in and no Rey auto in this release, or what it is now. I know we want both, but if had to choose, what rather have.

Really seems something happened with the costume and this is why why we are seeing the rey auto in this release, where it really made more sense to introduce her in masterworks.

I guess im torn, but if had to choose Im glad rey is in this release and no relics.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #200 (permalink)

Absolutely keeping Rey. It will raise overall prices and demand of hobby box breakers, because a chance to pull a Rey Auto IS the main selling point.

I'm annoyed on the relic thing, but it's not the first time Topps has pulled the rug out from under us. At this point don't we all just "eye roll" and move on?

Someone above said it may turn into a boring break, and I tend to agree. Once you hit your hit...that's about it...everything else will seemingly run together..oh well.