Blowout Cards Forums
kris bryant

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #201 (permalink)

If this means that production is low I am fine losing relics. I mean adding Rey, a few more multi autos and having fewer boxes is a good trade off.

Around 10,000 would be great, but that might be wishful thinking.

Still looking to hit my first Superfractor. I have opened so much of every kind of Topps and Bowman Chrome and never got a true superfractor auto or non-auto!
I have hit many huge hits and other 1/1's in my day, but that darn Superfractor still eludes me!
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #202 (permalink)

I'm with you on the superfractor hunt. I've never hit one either but I was optimistic last week going through 3 cases of MLB chrome......nada. I wonder how the supers of a movie still will compare to supers from the recent character driven sets. I guess the short answer is if Rey is in the scene then it will be sought after but if it's Kanjiklub guy ........
Old 08-10-2016, 09:22 PM   #203 (permalink)

I will take a superfractor of dirt at this point!
Obviously hoping for more, but since they don't count as hits any will do.
Funny how superfractors never count as hits but Printing Plates do.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:57 PM   #204 (permalink)

Plates never used to count as hits back in the day, just extra fun bonuses...a simpler time when a star was hobby box pre order was $60 or less.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #205 (permalink)

If Topps wants to keep with the 1 hit, there is a way they can do it and make people happy.
Have boxes between $60-$70.
Then have medallions and Printing Plates not count as hits.
Have it where these are a bonus that fall 1 or 2 per case.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:46 AM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
If Topps wants to keep with the 1 hit, there is a way they can do it and make people happy.
Have boxes between $60-$70.
Then have medallions and Printing Plates not count as hits.
Have it where these are a bonus that fall 1 or 2 per case.
I'm sure the money Topps has to pay Disney to even keep the license makes it not feasible in today's market. And I'm reserving my judgement on the medallions because they are /50 and less. I can still see /50 medallion selling for more than 6 dollar auto and 5 dollar non numbered medallion that seemed present a lot in previous releases. And lot of situations where I rather have the plate a hit than 2 cheap hits. I'm more upset at what seems as a lack of SP cards that are not parallels myself.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #207 (permalink)

Yeah Topps has confirmed that there are no SP's in this product.
They acted like they never planned on putting them in, but I swear I saw that there were going to be 25 SP's that fell around 1 per box.
None of the inserts are that hard to get and no SP's. This along with only 1 hit, these boxes will be a little boring to break.

Say what you want about Evolution, but I liked that you had a few things to chase outside of the 2 hits.
Getting the 1 stained glass insert per box, along with 1 morph 3D card per 3 boxes, 1 SP per case and 4 Golds #/50 was something to chase box to box.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:52 AM   #208 (permalink)

Well I looked at the sales sheet and do admit no mention of sp cards but as for a boring break I think there are enough parallel inserts to make it not to bad. And I really don't recall there being parallels to the inserts before , but my memory could be off. I mean getting a prism parallel to like the ones that are only two to box can add value and fun to the break. It just depends if there will be collectors out there that will want these I guess

And every box you know your looking for that elusive super any way. That's always there

Last edited by Sharard; 08-11-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #209 (permalink)

I don't recall SP's being advertised for this. I have a print out of the original solicitation somewhere, just need to find it. As with any chrome product, the numbered refractor parallel's will add value and add to the chase. Removing the chrome relics however is not good. I know the feeling is that they were replaced with Ridley autos but while my case probably won't have the big auto, it most likely would have had a couple of relics so some will win on this and we can only hope to be in that group.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #210 (permalink)

Topps asked for suggestions several months back and I said they should make parallels of the inserts. I told them to at least make superfractors of them!

Also maybe someone else just said there would be SP's and then I ran with it and the rest of us just took that as Topps saying there would be. This has and will happen again, LOL!

I am not saying I am not looking forward to this break and I will still have fun, I just meant it would have been a little more fun to have 1 harder insert and some SP's.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:42 PM   #211 (permalink)

im pretty sure they cant do stickers in chrome ? but will those imags also be used in this set as chromes ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #212 (permalink)

Need a Topps Star Wars: The Force Awakens Chrome checklist? It’s here >>> BlowoutBuzz.com
Old 08-11-2016, 01:00 PM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saban1 View Post
Blowoutbuzz said its one auto per box. It was in the article when Topps announced they landed Ridley. I wonder if the medallions will be extra hits, if there indeed is an auto per box.
One hit per box. I corrected this earlier today. (Misread the original info when Ridley was added.)

Last edited by BlowoutBuzz; 08-11-2016 at 01:03 PM.
BlowoutBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #214 (permalink)

Well at least this release there's 2 autos that can pay a case, and three or so can pay for some boxes, and with a low numbered or a dual, another to help a case cost. And not counting FA1, this release does seem top give you the best odds at an on card of auto of Ridley or Ford. But since FA1, least there's more than 1 homerun auto, and three that are doubles or a triple Ya im bored watching breakers tv and watching sport card breaks while I sort cards.

Am I reading the list correctly there 45 each 5 duals and 45 each of the 4 triples and hobby only.

And if want to hit a superfractor this will be the set to get one. seems all the cards and inserts have 1.

Last edited by Sharard; 08-11-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #215 (permalink)

I would strongly advise against buying single boxes of this from almost anywhere unless you trust the shop or place you buy from.

It's going to be very easy to just weigh boxes to get the autos and sell off the medallion cards... Bad move Topps.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #216 (permalink)

One hit per box is a bad decision and just plays in to the hands of unscrupulous sellers.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #217 (permalink)

Heres hoping they put some weight decoys in the other boxes
Old 08-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
Heres hoping they put some weight decoys in the other boxes
They never have and never will. Hence why if you go to Target the 2016 Topps Olympics 24ct box of packs says 2 guaranteed relics and every box magically is missing 2 packs that people easily found.

The only thing with this set is the medallions are at least lowered numbered and you never know about superfractors, so maybe those who would weigh other releases won't do that for this set?

I'd save $10 from the bay versus my other source, but yeah there's that slight risk I'll get a "guaranteed" medallion.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:50 PM   #219 (permalink)

I once bought a loose SW box that was a complete dud that I suspected was either weighed or from a case where they got the good hits.
What I did was messaged them saying thank you so much, that box was so loaded and it was a hot box with extra hits and a 1/1 auto!
It messes with them a little and makes them question doing it again in the future.......well maybe, lol!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #220 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I would strongly advise against buying single boxes of this from almost anywhere unless you trust the shop or place you buy from.

It's going to be very easy to just weigh boxes to get the autos and sell off the medallion cards... Bad move Topps.
Yep, that will also hurt overall value. They may blowout those boxes on eBay making the boxes look cheaper.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
Am I reading the list correctly there 45 each 5 duals and 45 each of the 4 triples and hobby only.
No those 45 parallels are referring to the solo autos
The print runs for the duals and triples will be around 3 each.
I wish they would make them out of 5 or so, because it would make them a little easier to hit but keep the value nearly identical.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:27 PM   #222 (permalink)

nm Topps straightened me out as did you guys.

Now we wait for the big question How many cases are we blessed with.

Last edited by Sharard; 08-11-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Yep, that will also hurt overall value. They may blowout those boxes on eBay making the boxes look cheaper.
I can almost guarantee that will happen.

Some sellers will probably be trying to sell a big hit or two then trying to sell 5 sealed boxes for $60 each.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:30 PM   #224 (permalink)

To fix that problem all they needed was a few medallion autos, if even three or 4.. just enough to make them think about it
Old 08-11-2016, 08:42 PM   #225 (permalink)

What a thrill...$100 a box for a guaranteed medallion worth $2.
Blueleader is offline   Reply With Quote