Blowout Cards Forums
bronx blaster aaron judge

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livetheforce View Post
Since they have now lost the Football license Topps will NEVER go back to 3 releases a year. They need to make up some of that lost money.
Yep, they are doing their best to bring over sports card breakers to the star wars license. They will continue to pump out multiple sets at increasing rarity for the foreseeable future. Expect a Masterworks set, mutltiple Chrome sets, and regular topps every year. I would expect some of other names to enter the market Star Wars Archives, Dynasty, Heritage, etc..
Scottish Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:37 AM   #77 (permalink)

I'm really tempted to buy a case, but with this likely being a higher print run than the last one, I won't try to chase lightning and stick with my "buy 1 box, then get a master set off ebay/forums" method.

My 1 box of Masterworks was a huge turd, got a "Matt Sloan" base auto which turned into Beru from Topps, Dickey Beer base auto, relic, and crap sketch worth $20 on a good day.

Really regretting not selling it, but it's the mystery of "what could be" that made me open it

I may bite for two boxes of this just because it the price spikes I can sell one and if not, I can afford to break two. I'm not doing this to make $$$ and if I hit a big name auto it's definitely going into my PC. When people hit a triple Ford/Hamill/Fisher and flip right away it annoys me so much!
Old 03-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #78 (permalink)
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
Yep, they are doing their best to bring over sports card breakers to the star wars license. They will continue to pump out multiple sets at increasing rarity for the foreseeable future. Expect a Masterworks set, mutltiple Chrome sets, and regular topps every year. I would expect some of other names to enter the market Star Wars Archives, Dynasty, Heritage, etc..

I really do hope we see some much higher end sets enter the SW market. I've always believed a set like topps Sterling baseball where it would be a character centric pack with a guaranteed auto would do very well. The mystery packs could be sketches, cuts, extra autos of smaller names, etc.
Livetheforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:09 PM   #79 (permalink)

Based on the initial images, this looks awesome and I'd love to buy a case. Most I've ever done of one is 2-3 boxes on ebay. Any suggestions on best way/price to get a case?
Blues54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #80 (permalink)

Just locked in my two cases couldn't pass up the price

I dont ship outside the USA
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:12 PM   #81 (permalink)

Not sure what actual cost is on this product, but BO is preselling it for way more than they did for series 1.
They are preselling series 2 for $240 and wasn't series 1 originally $180 and then near release (but still presale) around $200?

I figured it would be higher, but was thinking around $220.
Hoping I can find it around $200, because I really don't want to go much higher than that.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:31 PM   #82 (permalink)

I'm curious how low SF will be, but they only email once in a while now with their new model.

I wonder if BO is so much higher now due to fear of being burned on cutbacks or something?
Old 03-29-2016, 07:07 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Not sure what actual cost is on this product, but BO is preselling it for way more than they did for series 1.
They are preselling series 2 for $240 and wasn't series 1 originally $180 and then near release (but still presale) around $200?

I figured it would be higher, but was thinking around $220.
Hoping I can find it around $200, because I really don't want to go much higher than that.
Distributor cost is $148-$155 depending on qty ordered
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #84 (permalink)

With the larger autograph pool, the production total should be a lot higher huh?
Bucket: http://s5.beta.photobucket.com/user/ejdacanay/library/Cards%20and%20Jazz
DUCKanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKanay View Post
With the larger autograph pool, the production total should be a lot higher huh?
Its possible or it could be less sketch hits in cases and just more autos

I dont ship outside the USA
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:22 PM   #86 (permalink)

Is it still 4 mini boxes per master box, with 5 cards per mini box, one being a hit, per mini box?
Old 03-30-2016, 07:15 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Is it still 4 mini boxes per master box, with 5 cards per mini box, one being a hit, per mini box?
sounds right
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
I wouldn't mind a Heritage Star Wars set at all, especially if you had one covering stuff like the Holiday Special, Droids, Ewoks, Clone Wars, and Rebels on the vintage card styles.
RonimusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:22 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonimusPrime View Post
I wouldn't mind a Heritage Star Wars set at all, especially if you had one covering stuff like the Holiday Special, Droids, Ewoks, Clone Wars, and Rebels on the vintage card styles.
Oh man, I'd love some Heritage or Allen & Ginter style cards with animated characters.

At this point I'd be fine with a whole set dedicated to the various animated shows/specials only since it appears Topps has used about every stock image 3 times over by now haha.

If you use the SW Card Trader app look up Darth Vader insert cards and you'll see what I mean.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:35 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Oh man, I'd love some Heritage or Allen & Ginter style cards with animated characters.

At this point I'd be fine with a whole set dedicated to the various animated shows/specials only since it appears Topps has used about every stock image 3 times over by now haha.

If you use the SW Card Trader app look up Darth Vader insert cards and you'll see what I mean.
It has been 12 years since the last heritage set so we are overdue. I would bet that we will see these other brands very soon.
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:55 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
Distributor cost is $148-$155 depending on qty ordered
Correct... Allocation for these was on past star wars orders... From direct dist

So I was able to get 3 cases... just like last time..

Cost was 148.00 a box...
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:01 PM   #92 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
Correct... Allocation for these was on past star wars orders... From direct dist

So I was able to get 3 cases... just like last time..

Cost was 148.00 a box...
Crazy. I completely understand the need to make a profit, but $100 per box mark up is absurd.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:58 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkenburg View Post
Crazy. I completely understand the need to make a profit, but $100 per box mark up is absurd.
But what you fail to understand is most shops are only making 8-20% on most other products. They need a product every now and then to balance out the low margins on other products.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
But what you fail to understand is most shops are only making 8-20% on most other products. They need a product every now and then to balance out the low margins on other products.
***THIS***

100% Agree
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:16 PM   #95 (permalink)

^^^

ALSO you are not taking into account ALL the products they LOSE $$ on. And according to those I know, it's quite a long list lol.

Btw Kyle,

Why...

Do you....

Type like....

This? lol
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:20 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
No, I get this. I'm in healthcare and completely understand that margins vary among products (services in my case). I understand that there are numerous fixed costs that need to be recouped.

I work with charge master files and see RVUs daily, in the hundreds of millions of dollars when annualized. I see slim margins on things like flu shots, even loses on PPD tests.

However, if you need to rely on a product with a 70% markup to "save you", then you need to reconsider your business model. Especially on a product that hasn't even been released.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:38 PM   #97 (permalink)

Honestly, I think I'm just upset that I (and many others) are being priced out of Star Wars cards since TFA1 and High Tek. Before that it was common to get boxes for $80-$85 and cases for $900 to $1000.

All of a sudden the breakers entered hard and heavy, and box prices shot up like crazy. My first few boxes of Tek were only $70 or so shipped. Then they quickly hit $100+.

And direct prices aren't going up this much. It's greed and price gouging.

/Rant
Old 03-31-2016, 02:43 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkenburg View Post
Honestly, I think I'm just upset that I (and many others) are being priced out of Star Wars cards since TFA1 and High Tek. Before that it was common to get boxes for $80-$85 and cases for $900 to $1000.

All of a sudden the breakers entered hard and heavy, and box prices shot up like crazy. My first few boxes of Tek were only $70 or so shipped. Then they quickly hit $100+.

And direct prices aren't going up this much. It's greed and price gouging.

/Rant
So that's truly just like today's healthcare huh? lol
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:55 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
So that's truly just like today's healthcare huh? lol
Ha! You are EXACTLY right!!!!! Which is why I now work with a nonprofit that is trying to come up with alternatives to standard fee for service payment models.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:58 PM   #100 (permalink)

Evolution looks like a solid product and not too high in price, IMO!
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote