Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Compared to cost, the seller is making a good amount, but compared to current asking prices it's pretty good.

I think it's decent and a price where you should do alright.

For the people breaking this at cost, it will be almost impossible to lose.
Locked in 2. Not enough $ for a 3rd.

On a side note, on Topps' FB page they confirmed no Lucas. They said they're trying to get Daisy, but at least finn has to be confirmed right? I didn't see any TFA signers on the sell sheet.
Bucket: http://s5.beta.photobucket.com/user/ejdacanay/library/Cards%20and%20Jazz
DUCKanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:09 PM   #152 (permalink)

I just don't get why if they can get ford to sign 5, why they can't pay what ever she's asking for like a lot of 10. Not like they aren't making money off this stuff. Heck even get 5 Rey autos in this would up the heat index. Just doesn't make any sense.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:50 PM   #153 (permalink)

I completely agree, if Topps just got 5 autos from each of the top names from FA, they could at least say they got them and they are in the product.
I don't get the hoops Topps has to jump through and never will.
Businesses make things way more difficult than they need to be.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:18 PM   #154 (permalink)

Placed all my predorders today across 4 distributors and even if I get cut 50% I will still get enough to fill orders. That's pretty much the only way you can do it now a days is to go with multiple sources.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #155 (permalink)

I've reviewed the sell sheet on this product. I love it, but I feel like they have priced out your average joe collector.

I know all sets aren't for everyone but at $200+ per 4 mini box case this set is going to be dominated by large volume for-profit breakers and not just casual collectors.
Jaysabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:37 PM   #156 (permalink)

Well not every product can be aimed at every single collector out there. The majority of the releases can be afforded by most early on. Though I really think if people are patient , just like FA2 series 2 release that had high case prices in the beginning dropped after a week or so. I think this will happen too this. Maybe it won't drop a lot , but I don't see it going much higher.

There is one exception to this, and this if they are able to land a top lister like Rey or Driver, a top tier FA character and it's their first auto. Then all bets are off.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #157 (permalink)

Don't expect Jake Lloyd to be signing any cards for a long time. According to TMZ, he just got moved from Jail to a psychiatric facility.

TMZ
Old 04-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #158 (permalink)

Sad to see that for him. Hope he gets the help he needs. If he can just straighten his life out, he could make a living just doing conventions signings. It may not be what he envious end for his life but least it's something and a choice.

And if we see no big auto in MW, then my hope for ever seeing a Rey type auto will be diminished greatly any time soon. If this product doesn't scream a top auto other than ford, I don't what would.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:00 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
Sad to see that for him. Hope he gets the help he needs. If he can just straighten his life out, he could make a living just doing conventions signings. It may not be what he envious end for his life but least it's something and a choice.

And if we see no big auto in MW, then my hope for ever seeing a Rey type auto will be diminished greatly any time soon. If this product doesn't scream a top auto other than ford, I don't what would.
I'm surprised that with the big circle jerk going on in the Star Wars Trader app for Daisy's birthday that Topps didn't make some announcement about her having autos coming up.

I get there's big fans, but some of the Rey obsession seems a lot more on the creepy side than collector side hahaha
Old 04-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #160 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
... with the big circle jerk ... a lot more on the creepy side ...
PROTIP: If you don't want to sound creepy when referring to women, don't put them in the same sentence that casually drops "circle jerk".
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:26 PM   #161 (permalink)

I would be perfectly ok if it wasn't Rey and ended up being Driver Or Iaasc. Just like a main Fa2 other than Finn. I'm sure Finn will be in it. Heck even Christie be fine with me though she was wasted talent wise in the first film . But if by some miracle they are able to get Rey in this, you will see boxes hit 300 or so quickly

Last edited by Sharard; 04-11-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
I would be perfectly ok if it wasn't Rey and ended up being Driver Or Iaasc. Just like a main Fa2 other than Finn. I'm sure Finn will be in it. Heck even Christie be fine with me though she was wasted talent wise in the first film . But if by some miracle they are able to get Rey in this, you will see boxes hit 300 or so quickly
Agree. I would be ok with Driver, Isaac, Christie, Gleeson, Van Sydow (wishful thinking) Nyong'o (wishful thinking) JJ Abrams, Pegg, or Daniel Craig (even more wishful thinking)

Any of one of those would really help the set.
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:39 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
Agree. I would be ok with Driver, Isaac, Christie, Gleeson, Van Sydow (wishful thinking) Nyong'o (wishful thinking) JJ Abrams, Pegg, or Daniel Craig (even more wishful thinking)

Any of one of those would really help the set.
With how big of fans some of these people are of Star Wars you'd think they'd be chomping at the bit to get their own trading card.

I guess it comes down to:
1. free time to sign
2. if they're weird about signing anything ever

It's really annoying to me, moreso with sports, when athletes don't like to sign or interact with fans. They don't realize the fans are why they're making money. I'm not saying they have to stay after the game and sign autos for every single person, but some players are so reclusive it makes no sense.

Back to Star Wars, you'd think Ridley and Isaac and Abrahams would be jumping in for everything they can get right now.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #164 (permalink)

Looks like Blowout has come down $200 from $2,200 a case to now $2,000.
Guessing nobody was pre-ordering at that price, but even at $2,000 they are making a nice profit.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Looks like Blowout has come down $200 from $2,200 a case to now $2,000.
Guessing nobody was pre-ordering at that price, but even at $2,000 they are making a nice profit.
Wouldn't be a bit surprised it drops lower. This should be around 1600 or so out the gate not 2k
Old 04-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #166 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to FlashKV0785

Ha. I wouldn't spend over 1299 max on a presell product. Don't care what it is!
Old 04-20-2016, 02:18 PM   #167 (permalink)

I haven't been lurking much since I haven't been a part of many sets recently. Topps (Disney's) new repeat rules have really turned me off as well so I've said 'no' to multiple sets recently.

That being said, I'm really disappointed I (probably) won't be able to revisit my sports card idea for MW2. I already had a few designs combining actors/cards ready to go. It's too bad Topps has stifled any creativity in the cards opting for repeated, ultra realistic portraits (as good as some of these are), but I'm assuming their hands are tied by Disney.

If they ask, I'd love to knock out a SMALL run of SW/sports combos, but there's no way I'll repeat cards for you guys. Seems they forget what a true 1/1 means.

If I don't get asked back, it was a good run!!! Luckily I have probably 50 SW blanks from various sets as this might be the end of my run.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #168 (permalink)

Jason, I hope you are invited to be on MW2, and I hope that the repeat rules aren't used (I guess I assumed that they were only in effect for the two FA movie sets, and hadn't really thought about them being used for other sets). If there are repeat sketches in MW2, then I think the product will really suffer. Your sports themed cards in MW1 were so cool, I definitely was hoping to see some more in the future!
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:21 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Jason, I hope you are invited to be on MW2, and I hope that the repeat rules aren't used (I guess I assumed that they were only in effect for the two FA movie sets, and hadn't really thought about them being used for other sets). If there are repeat sketches in MW2, then I think the product will really suffer. Your sports themed cards in MW1 were so cool, I definitely was hoping to see some more in the future!
From what I've heard, repeat cards and safe portraits (screen caps) are the future for all sets. These rules were used for the latest Warcraft set also. Seems APs have to be preapproved up front using one of your prior images too. So....collectors have to get used to it. Not sure how this is beneficial to artists or collectors though, but it is what it is. It makes it easier for Topps and Disney though.

I have been asked for a few sets, but said 'no'. I'm not a xerox machine nor do I do portraits well. There are artists much better at that than I if it's what you're looking for.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #170 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCrosby View Post
From what I've heard, repeat cards and safe portraits (screen caps) are the future for all sets. These rules were used for the latest Warcraft set also. Seems APs have to be preapproved up front using one of your prior images too. So....collectors have to get used to it. Not sure how this is beneficial to artists or collectors though, but it is what it is. It makes it easier for Topps and Disney though.

I have been asked for a few sets, but said 'no'. I'm not a xerox machine nor do I do portraits well. There are artists much better at that than I if it's what you're looking for.
I hate to hear that, Jason, but applaud you for sticking to your values. Thankfully we still have sets like Mars Attacks that allow for creativity.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #171 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to vaderccg

I am excited for 2016 MW..
Old 04-21-2016, 12:11 AM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCrosby View Post

Boo!!!
As much as I am a fan of the ultra realistic style, I also get excited when a particularly good idea like your vintage sportscard design is put into sketch form.
Distinctive styles (see: Katie Cook, Melike Acar, Ingrid Hardy, Tony Perna, etc) all have a place at the table for me.
Some remarkable themes I have loved in years/sets past were Lego minifigs, playing cards, seasons.

No collector likes seeing half-assed monkeys, whips, rebel symbols, black-and-white repeat-a-sketches. But they are a legit style. I just wish there weren't eleventy bajillion of them per set.

--Hilton
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:13 AM   #173 (permalink)

But what's nice, least you can still go to your favorite artist and ask for a personal sketch card. I've been doing that more and been much happier with my collection. Maybe not on an official card stock, but I think you'll see more people gravitate snd accept personals as valid sketch cards regardless of its card back. Just be be prepared to probably be in line and a good waiting period.

I also not a fan of seeing the same sketch card in the same picture. But maybe the silver lining is that these artists can be paid what they are worth and have freedom to creat a truly great piece and not worry about an approval process.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #174 (permalink)

When Masterworks first released, I was worried about the price tag and the ability to get them. I dont spend a ton of money on boxes. Loose packs, or a blaster here and there. I have only ordered boxes once and it was for TFA 2. Not the brightest movie for $190 but I did. I might buy 1 box if I am lucky.

But back in 2015, I was concerend i wouldnt be able to get any cards when they first released. I held back and now have a nice size part of the Masterworks set.
Not complete, but happy with what I got. Ended up with a few canvases and foils and some are even on the trade section. I was happier still when I was able to grab a few of the autos for under $15. I am still searching for more as I get money.
I was happy to be patient and get what I wanted. The only down side is I would like an opportunity as the big names, and the only way to do that is to buy a box.
mec7z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:28 PM   #175 (permalink)

Well, the first pre sell of 2016 masterwork has sold on eBay. one seller sold 4 mini boxes at round 62 a box, so think that price settles at that? going to be interesting s the pre sells increase. Im holding off till i know I'm getting my order. I don't need negatives from non delivery and upsetting star wars collectors.