Blowout Cards Forums
2017 topps ser 1

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #76 (permalink)

I think I'm done with BW. It's clear that his interests lie elsewhere, and his time has been completely consumed by supporting firebrand politics and wasting time as a businessman. I don't want to reward that by giving him my hard earned money.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I think I'm done with BW. It's clear that his interests lie elsewhere, and his time has been completely consumed by supporting firebrand politics and wasting time as a businessman. I don't want to reward that by giving him my hard earned money.

It is tough. It has gone from Benchwarmer being one of the top searches for us on card sites to now not really having any interest. We were getting bored with the same exact photo shots of the models in nearly every release. Then he decided to put more of his focus on the election cards since he's an outspoken Trump supporter. Now with the latest news about the Kickstarter...people pledged over $68,000 to him and now a year & a half later he's essentially saying we're not making the book anymore, oh well. Thanks for the cash though. We're just following him in his lagging interest in his own company
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #78 (permalink)
LRV

I could see if they said they weren't able to print the book say 2-3 months after the campaign ended. However it was promised one date after enough & one printer after another before they said it would not be printed a whole year and a half later.

I would estimate the printing cost for the 125 books is less than $2500. They raised what $20k or more than the original goal and had nothing left over?
Old 01-28-2017, 09:43 PM   #79 (permalink)

We should make a competitor product! Who's with me?!!

Also, FWIW, powerseller, on eBay, has stated in the past that he converses with Wallos from time to time. I have been in some of powerseller's breaks and he is always asks for feedback relating to BW products and he would pass it along to Wallos.

My bucket: http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/steelpen2/Cards_Trade_Sale/
SteelPen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #80 (permalink)

Wow, I missed this most recent update on the Dreamgirls Saga.

I don't want this to get political, BUT...

I've known Wallos was a Trump supporter for some time. I am decidedly NOT a Trump supporter, but hey, whatever... I don't have to agree with his politics to enjoy our shared appreciation for beautiful women.

We're about to see a THIRD political product see release from this guy, all while he could have easily been putting effort into the Dreamgirls project... a project that was fully funded and had a fanbase expecting a return on their investment. I can no longer support Wallos or any future product he releases.
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:59 PM   #81 (permalink)
LRV

Did anyone who joined & asked for a refund get it yet? Looks like BW is not returning emails now..