Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
By chance are you referring to the 3D Ultrasound? Thats what people keep asking me if Im going to get done. It's the orange looking Ultrasound. Were discussing that. We got hit with so much stuff today. Honestly I don't think I was ready for all the questions and appointments. It was a little too much informations overload. But I'm reading the books and digesting.
Congrats on the new gift of life!!

Dont do the 3D Ultra sound!! Had many friends in health field as well as our last two Pediatritions say they are linking it to sight and hearing loss on the children. That is why no hospitals around here do it, it has to be private practice and you sign off on all liability to get the picture..... Not worth it in my opinion even if its just in question at this point!

Well I just found out at this mornings ultrasound that I am having my 4th boy....... Gave my wife 2 extra tries at her girl but it didnt work out!! So long as they are healthy that is all that matters! Due date is going to be 1/31/09, just in time for Superbowl!! Now I will be sporting my own football team in 20 years! Lol...

As for reading materials, not much you can do to prepare..... best book by far( since my wife bought out everything at B&N, is "What to expect when your Expecting"! That is the only book she has picked up since the first child and answers just about every question you can ever think of!

Congrats again!!
Texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

My wife is at 20 weeks with our first...just found out that it is a girl. Have to agree with Texasfan on What to Expect When You Are Expecting...another good book to check out is Baby Bargains. It talks about all baby gear that you will need and does reviews on all the brands. I have just looked at the stroller section so far but it did a really good job reviewing each brand and giving recommendations based on what you are using it for.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #28 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. And Congrats guys on having great swimmers! haha Our due date is April 2nd. So close to April 1st, which was my original due date.

I bought a couple books about 2 weeks ago. "The guy's guide to surviving pregnancy, childbirth, and first year of fatherhood." This book is just funny as hell. The other one is "The New Father: A dads guide to the first year". I haven't started that, but it seems more serious and what not. But I will look into the book you both suggested. I'm all for learning.

Texansfan, thanks for the info on the 3D ultrasound. I was on the fence about it, and now I think I'm not gonna do it.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

[/QUOTE]Texansfan, thanks for the info on the 3D ultrasound. I was on the fence about it, and now I think I'm not gonna do it.[/QUOTE]

You can always check with your doctor and see if things have changed, but that is just what we had researched last year for our other baby. Wife wanted it so bad until we started asking for the medical opinions, then she thought better of it.
Texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

Getting in a little late on this thread...CONGRADS though!!

I have 2 girls 2 and 8...so I'll trade you a diaper genie and two intercom systems for some autos

Enjoy the time before they become mobile...it's easy to sit there with them and watch football when they can't turn the TV off

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:19 PM   #31 (permalink)

My wife and I had 2, 3D ultrasounds done. It was really great to see what our daughter looked like before she was born. We could definitely make out features that were passed on by either myself or my wife I hadn't heard about any risks/dangers related to having these done, but I would definitely ask your doctor to see what their opinion is.
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote