Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default WTF Beckett!!!

I'm sure Beckett was closed today for I checked the status of my shipment for the cards I sent to get graded and this is what it says:

Status: Notice Left

We attempted to deliver your item at 9:46 AM on August 9, 2008 in DALLAS, TX 75234 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later


Are they going to redeliver the package on Monday, is someone from beckett suppose to pick it up from the Local PO, or is the package going to get sent back to me?

When does mail get delivered at 946am?????
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

Don't worry, im sure they will re-deliver to beckett on Monday.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
vortekv8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Waterville, Ohio
Posts: 1,370
Default

They will re-deliver the card to you, but if you are not there they might re-turn to sender after that. Your best bet would be to call who ever is sending it to you (usps, fedex, usps ect) and telling them to hold the card for you and that you will pick it up later. This way you know it is being held for you and won't be returned to sender. If they couldn't deliver to you once, they shoulda left you a note on the door or in the mailbox about the package. There should be a note on that card telling you what to do. This is usually what I do when i miss the first dlv. and know I won't be there for the next dlv. You don't know what time they will dlv. the package to you again. It is at their own choice. So just call them and tell them to hold it for you if you know you will miss the dlv. again, you can also authorize via phone for them to leave it in a safe place if need be (the mailbox ect.).
__________________
----Vortek/Jared----
(RedWings, Tribe, Browns, Penn State)

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos

Last edited by vortekv8; 08-10-2008 at 02:19 AM.
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tom
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 82
Default

No Worries...
FedEx tries to deliver to you and then I believe will try 2 more times before return to sender. You can always call the # on the hangtag and go pick the package up as well.
Good Luck!
Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

For the record......This is a package I sent to Beckett....So the only member I can agree with is Jacob. I'm not expecting a package I was shipping it to Beckett Grading I do hope it gets redilvered on Monday.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!
 
otmack2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 6,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortekv8 View Post
They will re-deliver the card to you, but if you are not there they might re-turn to sender after that. Your best bet would be to call who ever is sending it to you (usps, fedex, usps ect) and telling them to hold the card for you and that you will pick it up later. This way you know it is being held for you and won't be returned to sender. If they couldn't deliver to you once, they shoulda left you a note on the door or in the mailbox about the package. There should be a note on that card telling you what to do. This is usually what I do when i miss the first dlv. and know I won't be there for the next dlv. You don't know what time they will dlv. the package to you again. It is at their own choice. So just call them and tell them to hold it for you if you know you will miss the dlv. again, you can also authorize via phone for them to leave it in a safe place if need be (the mailbox ect.).
HJ is the sender...

HJ, I am sure it will get redelivered on Monday or Beckett will send someone to pick it up on Monday.
__________________
AARDVARKS!
otmack2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
ND3
Member
 
ND3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a Hospital Near You!
Posts: 11,386
Default

It will get redelivered. Did you send it priority or 1st class?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I'm sure Beckett was closed today for I checked the status of my shipment for the cards I sent to get graded and this is what it says:

Status: Notice Left

We attempted to deliver your item at 9:46 AM on August 9, 2008 in DALLAS, TX 75234 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later


Are they going to redeliver the package on Monday, is someone from beckett suppose to pick it up from the Local PO, or is the package going to get sent back to me?

When does mail get delivered at 946am?????
__________________
Maybe if I stick your head through that window over there you'll get unconfused. Give me the feckkin money. -- Nicky Santoro
http:/www.photobucket.com/nd3
ND3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 8,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
When does mail get delivered at 946am?????

all the time...........

your question doesn't make sense.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
It will get redelivered. Did you send it priority or 1st class?
First class w/DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
all the time...........

your question doesn't make sense.
I've never seen mail get delivered that early to a business is what I meant. No earlier than 11am where I have worked anyways.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
vortekv8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Waterville, Ohio
Posts: 1,370
Default

Oh I see here HJ. I just missread what you wrote. I wouldn't worry to much about it. They will redeliver to Beckett again. I am supprised, this didn't go to one of their PO Boxes? Or did it? Usually if you are sending stuff in to get graded (atleast this is how PSA/DNA works) it goes to their PO Box, so it always gets delivered. I really wouldn't worry though, FedEx will make sure they get it for ya
__________________
----Vortek/Jared----
(RedWings, Tribe, Browns, Penn State)

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!
 
otmack2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 6,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
When does mail get delivered at 946am?????
all the time...........

your question doesn't make sense.
LMAO! To answer your question HJ, mail gets delivered at 9:46 AM at, well, 9:46 AM.
__________________
AARDVARKS!
otmack2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default Update:

Status: Delivered

Your item was delivered at 9:41 AM on August 11, 2008 in DALLAS, TX 75234

I am relieved now. Lets hope I get some good grades now
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default Update

So.....Beckett recieved my cards and sent me link to check the order status. now I am confused:

No. of Cards Recieved= 7
No. of Cards Graded = 11

Does anyone know what that means???
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,334
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
So.....Beckett recieved my cards and sent me link to check the order status. now I am confused:

No. of Cards Recieved= 7
No. of Cards Graded = 11

Does anyone know what that means???
Maybe you are getting some extra cards back

Feel bad for the poor sucker who might be losing their cards.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Maybe you are getting some extra cards back

Feel bad for the poor sucker who might be losing their cards.
Only if, huh
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,334
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

You gonna send them back if they ship you cards that you didn't send in? Ethical dilemma here lol
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
You gonna send them back if they ship you cards that you didn't send in? Ethical dilemma here lol
Not if its a fleer Jordan RC graded a 10
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Maybe you are getting some extra cards back

Feel bad for the poor sucker who might be losing their cards.
Did you send in 4 auto cards? That would be the difference of 4...
thekramers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekramers5 View Post
Did you send in 4 auto cards? That would be the difference of 4...
I sent:
2 Base RC's- no autos
1 Quad Jsy Auto
1 Patch Auto
1 Dual Auto
1 Triple Jsy #'ed 1/1
1 Jsy Auto

So if I understand you correctly 7 Total Cards + the 4 Autographed Cards= 11 services I guess. I paid $2 for each additional card that had an autograph on it.

That makes more sense now.

Thanks TK
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I sent:
2 Base RC's- no autos
1 Quad Jsy Auto
1 Patch Auto
1 Dual Auto
1 Triple Jsy #'ed 1/1
1 Jsy Auto

So if I understand you correctly 7 Total Cards + the 4 Autographed Cards= 11 services I guess. I paid $2 for each additional card that had an autograph on it.

That makes more sense now.

Thanks TK
auto cards count as 2. so 11 is your total
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
auto cards count as 2. so 11 is your total
He speaks.....you never answered my PM.....
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default BGS Results: Dissapointment

Set Name Player Final Grade
2007 Upper Deck Premier Remnants Triple Masterpiece Reggie Bush ..........................................8.5
2005-06 Beehive Sidney Crosby......................................................................................... 8.5
2005-06 Beehive Alexander Ovechkin ................................................................................. 9.5
2007-08 OPC Premier Remnants Quads Autographs Martin St. Louis.......................................... 8.5
2006-07 Ultimate Collection Autographed Patches Denis Potvin................................................ 8.5
2007 SP Chirography Signs of September Dual Autographs Gold J.Russell/J.Higgins/10................... 9.0
2006 Ultimate Collection Game Jersey Autographs Leon Washington.......................................... 9.5

What are your opinions..........Any of the grades going to hurt value??

Scans will be posted as soon as I get the cards.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

I cant speak for all but anything less than a 9 is worthless imho
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
derek55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
I cant speak for all but anything less than a 9 is worthless imho
Agreed. The only cards that are "worth" anything under 9 are vintage. I'm not interested in anything recent that's been graded and isn't at least mint, for example. A lot of new cards are very condition sensitive, like The Cup. That's why when a card grades 9.5 in that stuff, it's highly desirable and commands a huge price even for the nobodys (more so than usual). You're better off not grading them for the most part though because the majority produced wouldn't grade above 8.5.

Call me picky, but I care about a card's condition. Some cards are factory damaged, but I see a lot of sellers send their cards in screw downs and worse, like round snap cases... these people damage the cards themselves and it makes me cringe how unconcerned some people are with their cards (at least when they're selling... I mean, do what you want with your own cards, I could care less, but why on earth would anyone send a $20 card in a snap case, let alone a $500+ card?). I also hear people argue a 1/1's condition doesn't matter because it's the only one... I think that's a load of bs. It may not matter to someone who doesn't care if a card is dented or scratched to hell, but to say condition is irrelevant is just negligent and irresponsible.

Don't worry though, my first shipment to BGS ten years ago was full of 8s and 8.5s. You'll develop an eye for how they grade with experience. Personally, I like to have my pc cards graded by BGS because the cases are the best. I just send them in and ask for a minimum 9 grade (sometimes even a 9.5 minimum). They almost always get at least a 9, too, so don't worry about them looking at the order and feeling like they don't have to grade carefully because you're demanding too much. Better luck next time... they're offering a 25% discount for orders in September, by the way.
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

What about the cards in high end products that are hand packed? Like The Cup & OPC Premier. Would a lower grade affect them since they are hand packed? Or since they are handled the lower grade is actually a good grade? If that makes any sense.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.