Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question for you bankers out there

Here's my problem...

I have a debit/atm credit card I use for online purchases. I ran into a problem because...I got my order from Blowout...I moved the money in that account back into savings (not noticing that BO hadn't put that charge through yet)...so, then once Blowout charged my account (I already had the merchandise so I didn't double check if the charge had gone through)I got hit with overdraft fees from it (as well as the stupid couple dollar test Paypal sends to link your accounts for deposits).

Anyways, so I got everything all caught up when I noticed this the following day, but do things like that hit you on your credit rating? Or only when you don't cover yourself within the bank's grace period?
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Shouldn't bother your credit. The only time it would would be if you let it sit in a negative state for 30 days and they report you as being delinquent. My credit is "shot to #@#@#@#@" so to say, so I know a thing or 2 about it. Question is though, how do you fix it once it all goes to hell....

But I wouldn't worry about it. Its just an overdraft, not a big deal, everyone does it from time to time.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Shouldn't bother your credit. The only time it would would be if you let it sit in a negative state for 30 days and they report you as being delinquent. My credit is "shot to #@#@#@#@" so to say, so I know a thing or 2 about it. Question is though, how do you fix it once it all goes to hell....

But I wouldn't worry about it. Its just an overdraft, not a big deal, everyone does it from time to time.
He is correct. It won't bother your credit. Your bank will keep records, so if you keep doing it your charges will rise though. So your cool.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks!
I just wanted to be sure...I just feel dumb for not double checking the recent charges. The Blowout-induced overdraft charge was refunded as it was my first, but then they got me again for the stupid $1.95 Paypal test, lol.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Now that I think about it, its kind of surprising that your bank didn't just transfer the money from your savings to your checking account. Unless I am misreading your OP about the transfer (been drinking a bit )
Old 09-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Now that I think about it, its kind of surprising that your bank didn't just transfer the money from your savings to your checking account. Unless I am misreading your OP about the transfer (been drinking a bit )
Well, it's Wamu so they need to make some cash any way they can right now, lol.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have gotten killed by credit card fees, overdraft fees, balance transfer (all gambling charges are balance transfers now) and I have great credit rating. As long as you pay off your credit cards, don't have any late payment, you will be fine. They love those overdraft fees, it is all BS, they just screwing money out of us.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote