Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Don't Send or Accept Gift Payments Anymore (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/150122-dont-send-accept-gift-payments-anymore.html)

avjp87 04-19-2011 05:21 PM

Don't Send or Accept Gift Payments Anymore

For obvious reasons, no paypal protection.

But now, even more, Paypal are cracking down. I got an e-mail the other day saying they removed the Gift option and Payment owed from my account. And if i attempt to send as gift or receive as gift anymore, they will shut down my account.

Just a word of caution to you guys to stop doing it or you'll be screwed.

friarbolt 04-19-2011 05:24 PM

I was shocked they even allowed all those gifts to begin with. Out of curiosity how much gift payment activity did you have going? I'm wondering what level of activity it takes for them to crack down.

avjp87 04-19-2011 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=friarbolt;1238256]I was shocked they even allowed all those gifts to begin with. Out of curiosity how much gift payment activity did you have going? I'm wondering what level of activity it takes for them to crack down.[/QUOTE]

I was doing it a lot last year but then switched to goods, then people would send as gift every few times without asking so that did me in i guess.

fitch123 04-19-2011 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=avjp87;1238251]For obvious reasons, no paypal protection.

But now, even more, Paypal are cracking down. I got an e-mail the other day saying they removed the Gift option and Payment owed from my account. And if i attempt to send as gift or receive as gift anymore, they will shut down my account.

Just a word of caution to you guys to stop doing it or you'll be screwed.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thanks for the heads-up.

ManInTheMirror 04-19-2011 06:03 PM

Thank you Anthony, more people need to become aware of this situation.

pmannings#1fan 04-19-2011 06:24 PM

[B]Thanks avj for the warning[/B]. Does this go for familys sending money to their children for school or monetary gifts to other loved ones as well? I assume so right. The damn monopaly that ebay/paypal has become is sickening to all & I'm sure there'll be another brain who comes up with a better, cheaper solution or so we all hope!!

avjp87 04-19-2011 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=pmannings#1fan;1238410][B]Thanks avj for the warning[/B]. Does this go for familys sending money to their children for school or monetary gifts to other loved ones as well? I assume so right. The damn monopaly that ebay/paypal has become is sickening to all & I'm sure there'll be another brain who comes up with a better, cheaper solution or so we all hope!![/QUOTE]

Don't know about that, but i'm sure. They just want their fees.

sucram 04-19-2011 06:26 PM

When you send as gift say something in the comment box like HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Or thank you UNLCE... Somehting in that manor and you will be fine... Now as for people hosting multiple group breaks I think you are taking a risk receiving all those gifts :D

avjp87 04-19-2011 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=sucram;1238416]When you send as gift say something in the comment box like HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Or thank you UNLCE... Somehting in that manor and you will be fine... Now as for people hosting multiple group breaks I think you are taking a risk receiving all those gifts :D[/QUOTE]

No, that's what i would do. They caught on.

sucram 04-19-2011 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=avjp87;1238419]No, that's what i would do. They caught on.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I have never had a problem. How many would you say you send a month? over one hundred?

pmannings#1fan 04-19-2011 06:30 PM

[QUOTE=avjp87;1238413]Don't know about that, but i'm sure. They just want their fees.[/QUOTE]

No doubt those b@stards lol & today the combined fees on ebay went into affect, geeshhh. They suck lol

ManInTheMirror 04-19-2011 06:30 PM

[QUOTE=sucram;1238425]Hmmm I have never had a problem. How many would you say you send a month? over one hundred?[/QUOTE]
It's not about how many a person sends, more about how many a person receives.

bboi30 04-19-2011 08:01 PM

F@#k it im still going to send/receive them until they send me the same notice. At least I will have all the transactions prior to that. :devil:

avjp87 04-19-2011 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=bboi30;1238651]F@#k it im still going to send/receive them until they send me the same notice. At least I will have all the transactions prior to that. :devil:[/QUOTE]

good luck, they're shutting down accounts pretty quickly now.

bboi30 04-19-2011 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=avjp87;1238661]good luck, they're shutting down accounts pretty quickly now.[/QUOTE]

You know people who got shut down already?:confused:

avjp87 04-19-2011 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=bboi30;1238704]You know people who got shut down already?:confused:[/QUOTE]

yeah i do, i didn't take the e-mail too seriously until i found out people i knew get their account shut down or suspended.

pmannings#1fan 04-19-2011 08:26 PM

Goods is the best way to now after what happened with a couple people on here. I will always use Goods just to cover my a$$ from everyone lol..

bboi30 04-19-2011 08:41 PM

[QUOTE=pmannings#1fan;1238718]Goods is the best way to now after what happened with a couple people on here. I will always use Goods just to cover my a$$ from everyone lol..[/QUOTE]

well I guess im gonna start going goods all the way. Most of my deals are goods, but a few here and there are gift because they are so small. Sucks, but oh well.

Rick 04-19-2011 08:48 PM

I've been trying to tell you guys this for months. lol

I have a Paypal account currently frozen since December 17th for 180 days (6 months) with $10k in it. It's locked until June 17th.

I was sending a lot of Gift payments to a lot of people & I was sending Gift payments for my thread on here:
[url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html[/url]

They sent me an email saying there was suspicious activity & they needed my license, a bill to my confirmed address, phone bill to verify the number they had on file etc all to be faxed to them.

I figured no problem & sent them what they asked for.

They then emailed me back saying the fax wasn't clear. I went to Fedex/Kinkos & the fax was fine. So I did it again & they sent an email saying they needed a fax of my social security card & a credit card statement in my name to my confirmed address. I felt like that was way too much information to be sending to India. (And before you ask, this was not a scam, always updated IN Paypal & always verified by calling Paypal).

So finally when I told them I wasn't going to send them a copy of my SS# & credit card information, they told me they are locking my account for 180 days (6 months) & I'll have to wait until that time is up to withdraw my money or request a check.

After all this happened to me, I started doing my research & it seems Paypal shuts down a TON of accounts every day for any kind of reason.

I now never send any payments as gift or anything personal through the Paypal account that I still have running. If that account were to also be locked, my business would be devastated.

They are cracking down on money laundering and I guess with all of the gift payments being sent every which direction it's easy to launder money around.

EDIT:
I would advise to never keep any kind of substantial amount of money in the account because Paypal can lock it at any moment without a reason. Paypal is NOT a bank, they don't have the same rules as banks do. Paypal can & will lock your account for any reason they see fit. They have over 10k of mine locked up for 6 months invested in a money market account gaining THEM interest. Will I see any of that interest? NO.

I have read that at any given time Paypal has over $1 Billion dollars locked up collecting interest.

vatechhokiefan 04-19-2011 09:13 PM

Great advice Rick. I recall mwheeler saying the same thing a long time ago and ever since I do not keep large amounts in my account. I would be so mad about the 10K being frozen that I would search extensively for some type of alternative to Paypal.

Rick 04-19-2011 09:17 PM

[QUOTE=vatechhokiefan;1238839]Great advice Rick. I recall mwheeler saying the same thing a long time ago and ever since I do not keep large amounts in my account. I would be so mad about the 10K being frozen that I would search extensively for some type of alternative to Paypal.[/QUOTE]

There's no real alternative if you want to sell on eBay unfortunately, they don't have many approved payment options. Most of the other money transfer methods have been outlawed by eBay and are not recognized.

MrSnyder 04-19-2011 09:39 PM

I just got a similar email about a gift payment rec'd for the BGS submission. 24 hour review according to my email...

McMBAMM 04-19-2011 09:49 PM

Got mine locked down. Had to jump trough a ton of hoops to get it restored. BE CAREFUL with any gift or pmnt owed payments

Nicnac 04-19-2011 10:00 PM

[QUOTE=Rick;1238764]I've been trying to tell you guys this for months. lol

I have a Paypal account currently frozen since December 17th for 180 days (6 months) with $10k in it. It's locked until June 17th..[/QUOTE]

This just confirms Paypal is another criminal bank in this criminal financial system. I can't imagine it would have been possible ten years ago for any 'bank' real or fake to seize someones money as a procedural delay for 3 months. What an abuse of a monopoly.

hairysasquatch 04-19-2011 10:12 PM

Wowzers! $10k for 6 months!!! Unbelievable!