Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I see the raw pro-lines are selling around 270. Before they were selling around 390-415. I think it is a great investment. He doesn't have a bunch of certiified autographs floating around out there. I believe he also has a Classic auto, but the auto's normally look very faded. Also, I don't think he does any show signing anymore. Could be wrong, but I think his health has just gotten so bad he is unable to do them.

The UD's I do not have any prices. These cards were a UD backdoor special. Very rare and go for a ton of money.
i think ali would be a great investment as well, no he does not sign anymore , he is pretty much unable to , i picked up 4 nice auto's of ali 2 auto bio books back in 96 when he could still do the signings and some framed 20-30 photos, most of his stuff still sells strong today , but if you can get it at 50% less that is a great time to splurge
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #27 (permalink)

me personally invest in auto memorabilia that you can have pass psa dna or spence, look at the prices of stuff inmantle and others that sell 30to 40% higher authenticated by those guys , if you can luck into some signed stuff like that cheap and invest in the authentication , you could do really well
Old 11-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger1980 View Post
me personally invest in auto memorabilia that you can have pass psa dna or spence, look at the prices of stuff inmantle and others that sell 30to 40% higher authenticated by those guys , if you can luck into some signed stuff like that cheap and invest in the authentication , you could do really well
The problem is that I heard is that a whole lot of stuff on Ebay is fake.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

[QUOTE=jacobbigshow;124867]The problem is that I heard is that a whole lot of stuff on Ebay is fake.[/QUOTE
dont always buy on ebay, hit local flea markets hole in the wall card shops if you can and then do some heavy ebay searching with psa quick opinions, look for the auctions with the best offer option and then go from there, yea ebay is bad but cath those new ebayers looking to make qucik cash by listing something good that they really dont know the value
Old 11-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #30 (permalink)

I have started buying vintage cards from 1909-1960 that have been graded...nothing earth shattering but more "common" cards. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a T200 Fatima Boston Americans graded a SGC 30. I am also eyeing a Honus Wagner E93 Standard Caramel that has been authenticated. It is rough looking with some corners missing and part of the front torn off but it is still a Wagner which would be nice to add to any collection.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
I have to agree with you Mike. I am hearing that we have not seen the start of this market crash.
I projected bottom at 7800, it went to 7500, I think the worst of the market crash has happened, but recovery is unlikely until the housing mess is sorted out.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I have to agree with you Mike. I am hearing that we have not seen the start of this market crash.

There is an authentic Ali and the seller has told me he would do it for $360 1992 PRO LINE MUHAMMAD ALI AUTO GAI CERTIFIED AUTOGRAPH - eBay (item 260313512571 end time Dec-09-08 14:32:14 PST)
Wish cash back it would cost me $252 @ 30% off. You think it is worth it at $360.
You know, I think it's a little high at $360 with the current market and it being GAI. However at $252 it is a deal. I would pick it up. I would by a few, and try to get a Cassius Clay if you can (I think he signed 200 of those).
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #33 (permalink)

Thumbs down Going down

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
I projected bottom at 7800, it went to 7500, I think the worst of the market crash has happened, but recovery is unlikely until the housing mess is sorted out.
I'm not sure about that. I'm not happy to say so, but to me we have at least a 5 years hard recession that just began...I have no projected bottom really...I think it can fell to 6500 essentially because all the business will use this "reason" to explain a lot of bad results, you know it's a good time to take the garbage out right now without having too much exposure.

I feel like the prophet of horror..of course I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see much economic tools to help here.

To be fellowed later next year after the desastreous christmas results....
MikeDtonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
ND3

We haven't seen he bottom. The markets will go below 6500

With a new President Elect the odds of some type of attack on US soil or interests increases immensely (Godforbid as was one block away from WTC on 9/11). Such a hit in NY again could cripple financial markets and deliver a knockout blow.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #35 (permalink)

True. USA must be an attractive target right now for those turds since every attack they could attempt will have 10x the impact due to the fragile situation...Hope they are not intelligent enough to realize this and act. Hopefully also they won't browse to this forum to learn about it. lol.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #36 (permalink)

The market is crashing, and look what I just stole:
1957 TOPPS BOBBY RICHARDSON ROOKIE PSA 9 MINT #286 - eBay (item 130270569267 end time Nov-24-08 19:45:00 PST)
1,594.69 Previous Sales:
7/3/08 Mastro Auction | Image $2,520.00
5/2/08 Mastro Image $3,300.00
3/22/08 eBay $2,313.00
1/30/08 eBay $2,302.00
9/15/07 Memory Lane $3,439.23
Old 11-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
The market is crashing, and look what I just stole:
1957 TOPPS BOBBY RICHARDSON ROOKIE PSA 9 MINT #286 - eBay (item 130270569267 end time Nov-24-08 19:45:00 PST)
1,594.69 Previous Sales:
7/3/08 Mastro Auction | Image $2,520.00
5/2/08 Mastro Image $3,300.00
3/22/08 eBay $2,313.00
1/30/08 eBay $2,302.00
9/15/07 Memory Lane $3,439.23
Nice steal.
LonestarCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDtonation View Post
I'm not sure about that. I'm not happy to say so, but to me we have at least a 5 years hard recession that just began...I have no projected bottom really...I think it can fell to 6500 essentially because all the business will use this "reason" to explain a lot of bad results, you know it's a good time to take the garbage out right now without having too much exposure.
Longest recession we've had since the Great Depression lasted 14 months. Barack Obama's financial team is loaded with fiscal conservatives and now he wants to jump start the economy by trimming the budget and infusing that money rather than borrowing more.

I find these to be good signs. If he follows through, we'll see the end of this sometime in 2009. There are already some good signs in this mess, you just have to look hard for them.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Longest recession we've had since the Great Depression lasted 14 months. Barack Obama's financial team is loaded with fiscal conservatives and now he wants to jump start the economy by trimming the budget and infusing that money rather than borrowing more.

I find these to be good signs. If he follows through, we'll see the end of this sometime in 2009. There are already some good signs in this mess, you just have to look hard for them.
Hope you are right man, I think that we will see the end of the recession by July 2009 so we still got 8 more tough months so go. I agree with you that if Obama surrounds himself with smart people, he will do a good job. Look at Rudy Giuliani, he fixed up NYC when he was Mayor, but when he surrounded himself with idiots, his presidential run stunk so bad. With Bush he was surrounded by idiots as well, and look how the last 8 years have been. Hopefully Obama came live up to half of his potential and get us out of this mess.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
Boo

You can't keep throwing money at everything. This thing is just beginning. 2009 will be bad...2010 may be worse.
Boo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

1948 leaf jackie robinson

http://yankeesgofor28.blogspot.com/
Cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerstore View Post
1948 leaf jackie robinson
Good suggestion, man I loved the one CT had and I wished that I had the money a few months earlier cause those cards really tanked when CT sent them to the auction site.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:

I agree that Obama will do better. It's not really hard to do it neither...My real concerns are that even with the best firemans, they sometimes can't save the house from burning. We will have to reopen a topic in the future to discuss this again to see how it went, but to me economy will always remains a cycle. We succeed to have a longer growth, to respect the cycle, recession will be longer too I guess. If this is the case it would means that our artificial ways to maintain growth may not be that benefic and we should maybe expect smaller growth to avoid total markets crashs like we have right now.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #44 (permalink)

If you guys think this is going to be over with in 8 months, you're all crazy.

Look how many people are losing their jobs. Hundreds of thousands!!! Do you guys think that in just 8 months these people will all be hired back on? What in the world is going to happen to turn every thing back around in that amount of time frame that these huge companies feel comfortable enough to hire people by the tens of thousands?

With all of these people out of work, less money is going to be spent. Therefore, less and less profits will be made, and less and less money available to hire more people. Everyone needs to sit back and put their seat belt on because this is going to be a roller coaster ride, and it's not going to be over with for a long time. If Obama can turn things around, we probably won't see it until he's almost up for re-election.

I sure hope I'm wrong. I will welcome every one of you saying so too. Let's hope and pray I am.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #45 (permalink)

a few other suggestions - just a few cards I love
high end
1936 Goudy gum - Joe Dimaggio
med end
Al Kaline 1954 topps rc
1959 topps bob gibson RC
1996 Ken Griffey Jr Jersey Card - First mainstream Jersey Card, when that came out it rocked the market. It would be nice as a history part of sports card

I also think buying lots of 80's HOF Cal Rip, Ryan, Ozzie Smith, Sandburg, Gywnn, winfield, Henderson are also going down a ton, would be good, espically if you get good graded ones to keep hold of

Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #46 (permalink)

I have a good investment idea. For $500 I will sell you the following:

Microsoft Xbox 360
Madden 09
Saints Row
Skate (The Game)
2 Controllers
Samsung Camcorder

PM me for photos.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post

Microsoft Xbox 360
Madden 09
Saints Row
Skate (The Game)
2 Controllers
Samsung Camcorder

PM me for photos.
LMFAO!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #48 (permalink)

As for my aspect on the financial crisis. With the crisis a ton of jobs are being lost, at the same time college education is at a all time high. College educated students are going into the job field and not finding jobs, which is leading to a lot of defaults on loans. On top of that the market is slowing going down to match demand, however with the loss of jobs the market is slowing free falling.
To counter this I see that companies will purchase out their competitor firms that go into bankrupcy and turn more monopoly type. I think thats why the bailouts needed. I don't believe we should give money to failed business however for the American ecconomy to thrive we need competition, and high levels of it.
I am very aggravated that Bush made the bailout focus all the money on wall street, and none going back to main street. In the great depression we had to start from the ground up. It doesn't work trickling down. For our ecconomy to work we need to start with small and personal businesses that truly make the ecconomy work in my opinion.
We can also say, the housing market rising costs is the biggest reason of this, which led to the defaults on payments and homelessness in America, the reason of this was the massive increase in demand for housing however based on this crisis and the great depression there should be legislature on the amount of rising costs in the housing industry because this, along with adjustable rate mortgages led to this ecconomic crisis.
We need to also be able to supply Ford and General Motors with the money needed by means of health care supplies from government. If you look at both companies, the rise in benefits has led to many of the problems in the companies debt which has taken money out of devlopment which spirals down when non-US companies start to take over our business, high tariffs won't work if we have no American vechiles to buy.
The war effort is also taking a lot out of our pocket. However, I am unsure even suggestions to handle it, based on world views, as well as potential downfalls of leaving or not leaving. Not my area.
Oh well, we cant do anything but watch the fun happen

Old 11-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post

Microsoft Xbox 360
Madden 09
Saints Row
Skate (The Game)
2 Controllers
Samsung Camcorder

PM me for photos.
hahaha omg thats the funniest sht i've read in a while hahahaa
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

I thought it might cheer Mark up.........but seriously, all offers would be considered.