Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

wasnt the request 10%, so from 28 bucks down to 25.20, I would think while it would be tight it would be doable, especially with the thought of loosing a job verses having one
Old 12-14-2008, 11:19 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
My biggest concern is not the auto industry, its the ripple effect is had. Living in Lansing, there was at one point 7+ auto's made in town. I think we're down to 3.
Why should an auto manufacturer locate in Michigan? They get the daylights taxed out of them and they are stuck with the UAW. That's why the south is getting these new auto plants, lower taxes, a government that actually wants them there rather than a government that thinks the auto industry is their right, and no UAW to deal with.

My car was made by Americans in Mississippi and it is better than anything produced by the Big 3, and it was cheaper. Its a miracle the Big 3 are still around now.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 12-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
If it meant keeping your job or losing your job I am sure your decision would be a lot easier..
Not when you built a house 4 years ago, he would make more money on disability or unemployment.

People don't understand how many jobs will be lost that aren't with the big 3. All the small factories and suppliers that send the parts to them.

Also the auto companies WILL NOT lower car prices if they get cheaper help, people need to understand that.

Also all the foreign car companies who make there cars in America...your car is assembled here, not necesarrily made. Toyota and them still pay their emplyess 24-25/hour. They have far less retirees though so that helps them out a lot.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Why should an auto manufacturer locate in Michigan? They get the daylights taxed out of them and they are stuck with the UAW. That's why the south is getting these new auto plants, lower taxes, a government that actually wants them there rather than a government that thinks the auto industry is their right, and no UAW to deal with.

My car was made by Americans in Mississippi and it is better than anything produced by the Big 3, and it was cheaper. Its a miracle the Big 3 are still around now.
What kind of vehicle do you drive that was made in Mississippi?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Probably Nissan or Toyota

God help us all if it's Kia
Old 12-14-2008, 11:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Actually car assembled in Alabama, a lot of the parts are made in Mississippi.

Hyundai Accent. 34 mpg, paid $9200 for 2000, 134K miles, so far only needed a tranny replacement at 85K which was covered by warranty. When I roll it to 250K I'll buy another Hyundai made in Mississippi.

Ford is so proud of its 40 mpg battery powered car, Hyundai gets 34 mpg out of gasoline, wait until they get their battery. The foreign designed American built cards are miles ahead of the cars the Big 3 make right now... and I get the added bonus of not putting a penny in the pocket of that worthless UAW.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 12-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #32 (permalink)

My feeling is, who cares what your fuel efficiency is. if you want 6mpg go for it, if you want 60mpg, more power to you.

Hyundai's biggest plant is in Alabama. What's with all the American love then a South Korean car.

Your accent is quite ugly though
Old 12-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
My feeling is, who cares what your fuel efficiency is. if you want 6mpg go for it, if you want 60mpg, more power to you.

Hyundai's biggest plant is in Alabama. What's with all the American love then a South Korean car.

Your accent is quite ugly though
The car is more American than a car built in Michigan that has parts built in Mexico. Seriously, Hyundai is employing Americans and building a far superior product and again, not a penny goes to that God-forsaken union, so its a win/win for me. I'd love it if an American auto company would step up to the plate and challenge Hyundai, Toyota, and Kia, but they will have to do it outside the People's Republic of Michigan.

Oh and our accent may be ugly, but our people aren't expecting a handout from the government and our unemployment isn't over 10%, so I guess we can live with an ugly accent.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #34 (permalink)

I think the guy is a good guy, he is just not that bright. What can you do after all of that coke and booze, he just aint that bright.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #35 (permalink)

Wait a minute, some of you see nothing wrong with the worker taking a pay cut while layoffs still continue to a degree yet management and the execs pay scales stay the same ? Are you serious ? If your cost of living (motgage, monthly bills, school costs, taxes, grocery bill etc.) is based on your $55K a year take home and you're take home suddenly drops to $30K, getting rid of cable or the cell phones isn't going to make much difference.

Yeah lets bail out the banks that were run into the ground and give the aholes responsible golden parachutes but let the UAW members rot since they are perceived to be overpaid.

Its an f'n joke anymore how the American worker is treated but unless it directly affects you, its oh well then, huh ? Oh thats right, sh*t rolls down hill in society.
Its pay your taxes and keep your mouth shut or we'll take everything you own and sell it to someone else. Meanwhile we'll send some money (that many of you donate)to some third world country so we can sleep at night and let the couple we just foreclosed on see if family will take them in.

In this country if you build homes, teach our children, put out burning buildings or police the streets for 30-40 years of your life, you shouldn't make anywhere close to a guy who is elected into their job, makes movies or hits a ball with a piece of wood for 4 - 10 years.

The signers of the Declaration are rolling in their graves. This isn't the America that they founded.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
Old 12-15-2008, 12:31 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
I think the guy is a good guy, he is just not that bright. What can you do after all of that coke and booze, he just aint that bright.
For a man with the supposed IQ of a burned out fluorescent light bulb, George W. Bush seems to be an overachiever in some areas.

Consider these remarkable achievements not often found in the resume of a "stupid" person:

*Graduated from Yale University with an MBA;

*Served as Governor of the state of Texas;

*Was the standard bearer of the Republican Party during the 2000 presidential election;

*Beat Democrat candidate Al Gore, incumbent vice president, at a time when the nation was at peace and enjoying prosperity;

*Secured unanimous approval by the UN Security Council of Resolution 1441 which condemned Saddam Hussein for possessing and using WMD;

*During off-year elections in 2002, increased Republican membership in both chambers of Congress, an unprecedented accomplishment in American political history;

*Secured approval of Public Law No: 107-243, a Joint Resolution passed by Congress in 2002 which authorized the use of military force in Iraq;

Most significantly, President Bush has prevented a repeat of the deadly terrorist attacks that cost nearly 3,000 Americans their lives on 9/11/01. George W. Bush has kept America safe!

In most policy areas, President Bush has acted wisely; his actions have generally made the world a safer place.

The fact that Saddam Hussein is no longer a threat to the world should earn George W. Bush international acclaim, rather than the abuse and scorn which has been heaped upon this honorable man by a biased media and Democrat Party still jaded from defeats at his hands in two presidential elections.

Granted, he has spent money like a drunken Democrat though, of which I'm not too happy about.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
For a man with the supposed IQ of a burned out fluorescent light bulb, George W. Bush seems to be an overachiever in some areas.

Consider these remarkable achievements not often found in the resume of a "stupid" person:

*Was the standard bearer of the Republican Party during the 2000 presidential election;

*Beat Democrat candidate Al Gore, incumbent vice president, at a time when the nation was at peace and enjoying prosperity;

*Secured unanimous approval by the UN Security Council of Resolution 1441 which condemned Saddam Hussein for possessing and using WMD;

*During off-year elections in 2002, increased Republican membership in both chambers of Congress, an unprecedented accomplishment in American political history;

*Secured approval of Public Law No: 107-243, a Joint Resolution passed by Congress in 2002 which authorized the use of military force in Iraq;

Most significantly, President Bush has prevented a repeat of the deadly terrorist attacks that cost nearly 3,000 Americans their lives on 9/11/01. George W. Bush has kept America safe!

In most policy areas, President Bush has acted wisely; his actions have generally made the world a safer place.

The fact that Saddam Hussein is no longer a threat to the world should earn George W. Bush international acclaim, rather than the abuse and scorn which has been heaped upon this honorable man by a biased media and Democrat Party still jaded from defeats at his hands in two presidential elections.

Granted, he has spent money like a drunken Democrat though, of which I'm not too happy about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
yup. bush is a dumbass alright.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

So all those accomplishments that you list are solely of his doing and were not aided in any way by family, wealthy backers or staff. Graduated from Yale ? He was a friggin legacy who I doubt dazzeled them with his own high school merits. Gov. of Texas who was backed by the biggest bank accounts in the state which also aided in funding his ownership of the Rangers. Yeah, HE rid the world of Saddam before he could unleash his WMDs on everyone right ? I guess Saddam was waiting til after Clinton left office because he was entertained by the whole cigar story ? So making the world a safer place is ok at the expense of the people of your country ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
Old 12-15-2008, 01:04 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
The car is more American than a car built in Michigan that has parts built in Mexico. Seriously, Hyundai is employing Americans and building a far superior product and again, not a penny goes to that God-forsaken union, so its a win/win for me. I'd love it if an American auto company would step up to the plate and challenge Hyundai, Toyota, and Kia, but they will have to do it outside the People's Republic of Michigan.

Oh and our accent may be ugly, but our people aren't expecting a handout from the government and our unemployment isn't over 10%, so I guess we can live with an ugly accent.
who's "your people" and the city I live in is not dependent on the auto industry and their unemployment is high, actually my fathers plant is one of the most productive of any auto plant in the US.

I really wish people were able to experience this stuff from the other side, Michigans whole economy was/is around the autos. The sports radio shows were dedicated to the stuff friday night in Detroit. There should've been tighter restrictions on the financial bailout as some of those businesses took money and weren't even in trouble.

I hope they don't challenge Kia's as they are garbage cars with garbage salesmen who are way to pushy. Kia will say they can get anyone approved, yeah take some poor suckers money at 24% interest. They told my fiance basically a 10.5k car would end up costing her basically 19.5k after she was done paying.

also sure Bush is a smart man but he was heavily aided by his family. Not that Oliver Stones Biopic is completly true but I'm sure a lot of it is. Watch "W"

Last edited by fm8418; 12-15-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:13 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

AMEN

Last edited by mwheeler27; 12-15-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:20 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
So all those accomplishments that you list are solely of his doing and were not aided in any way by family, wealthy backers or staff. Graduated from Yale ? He was a friggin legacy who I doubt dazzeled them with his own high school merits. Gov. of Texas who was backed by the biggest bank accounts in the state which also aided in funding his ownership of the Rangers. Yeah, HE rid the world of Saddam before he could unleash his WMDs on everyone right ? I guess Saddam was waiting til after Clinton left office because he was entertained by the whole cigar story ? So making the world a safer place is ok at the expense of the people of your country ?
Bambam,

I like you brother. However, I think you are making a few assumptions here that may or may not be true. Of course he didn't do it all by himself, but he did do it.

And as far as your last sentence...Throughout history, sacrifices have needed to be made in order to make the world a safer place. Sure, it comes at great expense to you and me, but we are safe. Our friends and family are safe. My children are safe. At least from terrorist attacks. We are not immune, but we are much better off than before 9-11.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:18 AM   #42 (permalink)

Wow I didn't think this video would cause such a stir! My personal opinion is he is/was a poor leader and I'll leave it at that. In terms of shoes being thrown at him being insulting, that's a bit much - even he could laugh it off.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:08 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
F--k them then. And what is the good reason? I guess feeding a billion people and sending aid to every worthless nation on the planet just because its the right thing to do. Freeing millions in Iraq from a dictator who killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 300,000 people?

BTW, Sadaam had WMDs, the Canadians bought 550 tons of Yellow Cake Uranium from Iraq's stockpile. Hussein's uranium reaches Canada - Los Angeles Times

Bambam, do you now how many bombs 550 tons of Uranium can make? Enough to blow up the goddamned planet.

Where the hell was the press on this. $hitheads I tell you, they gift wrapped Obama the Presidency and I pray that he does a good job, but how the hell does this country choose someone who refuses to produce a birth certificate over a war hero and POW? How, WTF happened to my country. Carter gave us Reagan, I can't wait to see who Obama gives us.

As for you fm8418 take your Anti-American bull$hit and shove it up your ass!
I'm not sure why the nations we send food to are "worthless" but OK. The basic problem with this statement is that the US played a part in creating the monster Sadaam just like we have with other evil dictators that have gone on to oppress their people.

This country does tons of great things, even Bush has done an admiral job with the fight against aides, but it also does some very shady things behind the scenes that have serious consequences in other parts of the world. Criticizing these things IS NOT ANTI-AMERICAN, it is actually very Pro American. My personal belief is everything should be questioned all the time, even the obvious when it comes to government regardless of who is running the show. I'm extremely proud to be American but that does not mean I will blindly except that everything we do as a nation is right, history clearly shows we make mistakes. If people never questioned those mistakes or just wrapped themselves in the flag and blindly accepted those actions we would not be as great as country as we have become.

Thomas Jefferson - "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? "
Old 12-15-2008, 07:49 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

BTW, Sadaam had WMDs, the Canadians bought 550 tons of Yellow Cake Uranium from Iraq's stockpile. Hussein's uranium reaches Canada - Los Angeles Times

Bambam, do you now how many bombs 550 tons of Uranium can make? Enough to blow up the goddamned planet.

!
Yellow cake is not WMD. Also this stockpile was known to the UN, documented, and stored/sealed by Sadaam under U.N. Supervision. This was a non story because it was known years ago and never denied.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually car assembled in Alabama, a lot of the parts are made in Mississippi.

Hyundai Accent. 34 mpg, paid $9200 for 2000, 134K miles, so far only needed a tranny replacement at 85K which was covered by warranty. When I roll it to 250K I'll buy another Hyundai made in Mississippi.

Ford is so proud of its 40 mpg battery powered car, Hyundai gets 34 mpg out of gasoline, wait until they get their battery. The foreign designed American built cards are miles ahead of the cars the Big 3 make right now... and I get the added bonus of not putting a penny in the pocket of that worthless UAW.
Ford has cars that get 34 from gasoline powered cars too.
This is what burns me. You needed a new tranny after 85000 and that is quality? In our driveway we have a 89 GM truck with over 100,000 miles. No new tranny needed. A 1994 Econoline Eddie Bauer. Over 200k. No new tranny needed. A 1998 Escort with 180K that STILL gets 33-34 miles per gallon. No new tranny needed. A 2001 Focus with over 100K. No new tranny needed. A 2004 Freestar with over 85K. No new tranny needed. And finally, my 2006 Five Hundred. No new tranny needed.

The last report that came out had Ford ahead of Toyota in quality. I believe Ford had 16 models on that list and Toyota 8.

But go ahead and buy your Hyundai from that factory, which is subsidized by american tax dollars( they received $180,000 for every employee in that plant in incentives to build it there).
Old 12-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Yellow cake is not WMD. Also this stockpile was known to the UN, documented, and stored/sealed by Sadaam under U.N. Supervision. This was a non story because it was known years ago and never denied.
I guess he was collecting it like we collect baseball cards. Sure, that must have been it. Who's collection isn't complete without 550 metric tons of Yellow Cake Uranium!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsbroker06 View Post
But go ahead and buy your Hyundai from that factory, which is subsidized by american tax dollars( they received $180,000 for every employee in that plant in incentives to build it there).
So I guess its wrong for a state to woo a business to its borders? We should all run like Michigan and chase business out with our asinine policies and our punishing taxes.

The reason the tranny went at 85K was because the car was off the road for a year, most of them don't need replacing and since its under 100K warranty, they paid to do the whole thing so no big deal.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Our country is crap in everyones eyes. People think we need representing, it doesnt matter who you send, people hate us and most probably for good reason.
That is what I have my beef with. What the hell happened to my country, right or wrong, my country.

And what have we done to give people good reason to hate us. Let me remind you that 3000 Americans were murdered by evil Muslims from Saudi Arabia and Iran led by Osama Bin Ladin on 9/11.

Let me remind you that Osama Bin Ladin considers Iraq the center-flashpoint on the war on terror.

Let me remind you that murderers and evil bastards flooded into Iraq from Syria and Iran causing the insurgency.

And let me remind you that if Teddy Roosevelt or Richard Nixon were running the show, they would have taken 1000 lives for every one American life taken. The world should be thankful we have shown such restraint.

"And finally let me remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue"-- Barry Goldwater.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
That is what I have my beef with. What the hell happened to my country, right or wrong, my country.

And what have we done to give people good reason to hate us. Let me remind you that 3000 Americans were murdered by evil Muslims from Saudi Arabia and Iran led by Osama Bin Ladin on 9/11.

Let me remind you that Osama Bin Ladin considers Iraq the center-flashpoint on the war on terror.

Let me remind you that murderers and evil bastards flooded into Iraq from Syria and Iran causing the insurgency.

And let me remind you that if Teddy Roosevelt or Richard Nixon were running the show, they would have taken 1000 lives for every one American life taken. The world should be thankful we have shown such restraint.

"And finally let me remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue"-- Barry Goldwater.
I don't do much wishing, but I wish every American would be reminded of this at least yearly. We have forgotten much too easily what happened and how it happend just 7 short years ago. I don't mean that it's not in our memory. I mean that people today don't still feel the pain they felt that very day just 7 short years ago.

I still have to fight back the tears when I think about my friends that were there that day. My eyes still water to this day when I think of those children without a father and mother any more, especially at Christmas. And when I relate that feeling to those countless murdered at the hands of Sadaam, my heart is filled with overwhelming joy for GWB and his ability to take a stand to find and dethrone that tyrant.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #50 (permalink)

The 2 party system will never work in America. Big businesses own both parties and always will. And now with the Democrats stepping in that will help right? No way, Obama got like $100+ million per month in contributions right? He will have to answer to those corporate people who gave him money. People like GM, Ford, Banks....... The rich get richer, and the poor stay the same, the people who suffer is us, the middle class. The middle class gets worse and worse until we get to borderline poor. The government should never bail out compaines, if they are still paying their CEO hundreds of millions of dollars tell them to fire them and that will help them a little. If the government wants to bail somebody out, bail out the people who are out of work. People don't want to get "free" money, build something and get those 6% of people who are out of work and get them a job. This country is definetly in the wrong direction and I don't see it heading in the correct direction any time soon.