Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I listen to rap music (not a lot of it and nothing after 1989) and I don't see his comment as racist whatsoever. What does musical preference have to do with race?
I do too, but I felt like it was a stereotypical comment. I come home late sometimes, perhaps I'm listening to a rap song, and I blast my music. I'm a young caucasian male with a good job, I'm not on food stamps or recieving welfare.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
I guess he was collecting it like we collect baseball cards. Sure, that must have been it. Who's collection isn't complete without 550 metric tons of Yellow Cake Uranium!
Not debating what his hope was down the road. Point is this is not new news and this particular yellowcake uranium was not at a point where it could be categorized as WMD unless you want to throw all heavy metals into that catagory. You don't just throw this stuff in a bomb and have a WMD, it takes billions of dollars, a huge number of centrifuges, and highly skilled scientists. When Israel bombed in 1981 and the US followed in the 90's it devasted Sadaams nuclear hopes. Does not mean he would not try again and I certainly would not defend that scumbag.

Also I think people should understand our previous relationship with Iraq and the hypocracy.
Norm Dixon: How Reagan Armed Saddam with Chemical Weapons
Old 12-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
That is what I have my beef with. What the hell happened to my country, right or wrong, my country.

And what have we done to give people good reason to hate us. Let me remind you that 3000 Americans were murdered by evil Muslims from Saudi Arabia and Iran led by Osama Bin Ladin on 9/11.

Let me remind you that Osama Bin Ladin considers Iraq the center-flashpoint on the war on terror.

Let me remind you that murderers and evil bastards flooded into Iraq from Syria and Iran causing the insurgency.

And let me remind you that if Teddy Roosevelt or Richard Nixon were running the show, they would have taken 1000 lives for every one American life taken. The world should be thankful we have shown such restraint.

"And finally let me remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue"-- Barry Goldwater.
You have answered your own question. Bin Laden NEVER considered Iraq anything until we invaded. Sadaam and Bin Laden were far from friendly with each other in fact. If we had stayed focused on him and those who support them it is very likely the opinion outside of this country would be different. It's also important to know that most peoples opinions are of our government and not of our people. I have been to Europe, Asia, Canada, and several other places the last couple of years and have had absolutely no issues and been treated extremely well by the locals. The common theme I hear centers around the invasion of Iraq. There were no WMD's and there is no connection to 9/11 so people question the motives.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
The coallition from the first Gulf War received UN approval to liberate Kuwait - NOT go into Iraq and go after Saddam.
Agree BUT the US should not have then asked the Shia to revolt against Sadaam with the context that we would be there to support them only to turn our back after they had started. Sadaam then proceeded to execute approximately 50,000 of them.

No more politics from me for a bit! Good discussion and it is good to hear different peoples viewpoints of the same things. Just remember as Chuck D said "Don't belive the hype."

Last edited by pac213up; 12-15-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
The war was in Kuwait - not in Iraq.
I understand that, but the war was against Iraq.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

true... but, the "end game" for going to war was different.

First Gulf War was to liberate Kuwait - nothing more.

Second Gulf War was to remove Saddam from power.

both wars had different end games that required different military and foreign policy plans which carried different implications at the time.

Everyone can throw the blame game all they want so long as they understand that when you compare the first gulf war to the second and GHB to GWB's foreign policies to each other you comparing apples to oranges and i dont see how anyone can begin to make a comparison.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
true... but, the "end game" for going to war was different.

First Gulf War was to liberate Kuwait - nothing more.

Second Gulf War was to remove Saddam from power.

both wars had different end games that required different military and foreign policy plans which carried different implications at the time.

Everyone can throw the blame game all they want so long as they understand that when you compare the first gulf war to the second and GHB to GWB's foreign policies to each other you comparing apples to oranges and i dont see how anyone can begin to make a comparison.
I agree - two completely different things.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
You have answered your own question. Bin Laden NEVER considered Iraq anything until we invaded. Sadaam and Bin Laden were far from friendly with each other in fact. If we had stayed focused on him and those who support them it is very likely the opinion outside of this country would be different. It's also important to know that most peoples opinions are of our government and not of our people. I have been to Europe, Asia, Canada, and several other places the last couple of years and have had absolutely no issues and been treated extremely well by the locals. The common theme I hear centers around the invasion of Iraq. There were no WMD's and there is no connection to 9/11 so people question the motives.
So fine, we had to get the bastard somewhere, why not kill two birds with one stone and get Sadaam too.

Whatever, you can say what you like, and the rap comment wasn't racist, it was just accurate. Take it how you want it, I will be out of this lousy neighborhood in two weeks and into a neighborhood with no section 8 housing.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
So fine, we had to get the bastard somewhere, why not kill two birds with one stone and get Sadaam too.

Whatever, you can say what you like, and the rap comment wasn't racist, it was just accurate. Take it how you want it, I will be out of this lousy neighborhood in two weeks and into a neighborhood with no section 8 housing.
Again, I wasn't implying anything, just saying how it could be taken the wrong way by a person reading it. If I hear that same thing driving by my house, it's some suburbanite white kid who probably bought that sound system with his parents money. All depends where your stomping grounds are.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #85 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

There's nothing wrong with most section 8 people.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #86 (permalink)

I was a product of section 8 and turned out fine (I think), ignorance is alive and well.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:

Great now you'll be surrounded by serial killers and sex offenders.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #88 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Well, I just had to google "section 8", lol.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #89 (permalink)

Sadaam being dead is a good thing. Anyone disagree?

After answering that question, here's one more...

I know we've lost many lives in this war since 9-11. Do you think less people have lost their lives fighting for freedom than Sadaam would have murdered had he still been alive?

Just curious what everyone thinks.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #90 (permalink)

Default My answers...

I think Sadaam being gone is a good thing and therefore GWB has done at least one good thing.

Secondly, if Sadaam was left to be in power, I believe at some point in his life, he would have murdered more people than what we and all of our allies lose in this war.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #91 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

It does seem more terrorist cells have popped up after Sadaam, only because they aren't living in fear.

Sure it's good he's gone though

I live in apartments that accepted section 8 , we didnt know it til our cable guy told us. Never had any problems, a lot of the time it's single moms.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #92 (permalink)

Tony - I cannot agree with you more about unions sucking the life out of a company. Then company I work for has 2 plants one in New Jersey and one in Kentucky. The NJ plant is represented by the United Steel Workers and the Kentucky plant is non-union. Both plants make the same products, and about the same quantity. The big difference is the Kentucky plant is more efficient and much 20% more profitable. I will give you one example of union waste.

We have a contract with a small business that supplies both plants with small fasteners, bolts, nuts and other MRO items. Part of the contract includes the small business stocking the inventory in our factory and they send a worker out every Friday to restock the items.

Well, in Kentucky they do everything, no worker from my company does anything but sign the purchase order. But in NJ the union requires that union worker have to stock the shelves - so every Friday people spend 4 hours re-stocking the bolts into the little bins.

That is 8 hours total per week x 52 weeks = 416 hours x $20 average hourly pay = $8320 wasted that the small business does for free in Kentucky.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #93 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I can add to the unions suck input too. The company I work from has a foundry on one end of town and a machine shop on the other end of town... Machine shop is union foundry isn't and it is amazing how much work you can get out of the foundry compared to the machine shop.. All the benefits are the same for both and only difference is we offer incentive and low and behold who makes the most money the foundry workers mainly the grinders who grind the castings a real bitch job... but these guys are bringing in over 60k a year in BFE Iowa which is a crap ton of money for back there. Anyways I have had this conversation with many ppl and most agree that unions served a purpose back in the day but they need to go by the way of the 21st century now..
Old 12-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Well, I just had to google "section 8", lol.
Subsidized housing for people who listen to rap music apparently

Last edited by pac213up; 12-15-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Hahaha, good one!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not that they listen to rap it's that they listen to it at full volume with their regards for their neighbors at all hours of the night. I lived in an apartment building with sec. 8 in college and fell asleep to Ludacris every night. Now that I can afford to live in an area with no sec. 8 housing I am not very knowlegeable of the latest rappers.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
It's not that they listen to rap it's that they listen to it at full volume with their regards for their neighbors at all hours of the night. I lived in an apartment building with sec. 8 in college and fell asleep to Ludacris every night. Now that I can afford to live in an area with no sec. 8 housing I am not very knowlegeable of the latest rappers.
I think the obvious counter point is that there are far more people who have nothing to do with section 8 that listen to rap music, or any music for that matter, at loud volumes. There are plenty of rich kids driving to school in my very upper middle class town doing the exact same thing. I grew up in section 8 housing and there was no issue with load rap music. Now classic rock was a different issue.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
I think the obvious counter point is that there are far more people who have nothing to do with section 8 that listen to rap music, or any music for that matter, at loud volumes. There are plenty of rich kids driving to school in my very upper middle class town doing the exact same thing. I grew up in section 8 housing and there was no issue with load rap music. Now classic rock was a different issue.
They might be listening to country or rock, but I'll never know. Its that G-D bass that causes the problem.

Enough of it though. Section 8 serves its purpose, I just ask if you are going to live off of my back (since I pay taxes) that you don't keep me up with your music and if you don't mind, please make you meth elsewhere. I don't even care if you do it, I think it should be legal, just don't blow the damn building up with your chem lab.

I don't think that's asking too much.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #99 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Why did this thread not yield lifetime bans? If we speak anything adverse about the current two-time failure we are flogged. Even site staff were engaged.

Last edited by fullmetal; 02-25-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #100 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Why did this thread not yield lifetime bans? If we speak another adverse about the current two-time failure we are flogged.

Closed Thread