Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Default Sorry for posting NRP, but can someone please explain

I pay for the entire Beckett online price guides. I have never read anything regarding distributing NRP. Did I break a rule for this forum? I'm not upset, just want to know. I have seen pricing posted in this forum in the past. I just don't understand what I did wrong. If the MOD that locked it could pm me and explain it would be truly appreciated.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
I pay for the entire Beckett online price guides. I have never read anything regarding distributing NRP. Did I break a rule for this forum? I'm not upset, just want to know. I have seen pricing posted in this forum in the past. I just don't understand what I did wrong. If the MOD that locked it could pm me and explain it would be truly appreciated.
I believe contacted the head honchos from the sports card trading forums and told them to not allow people to post prices for all to see. I think, they think, that it takes away from their business.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

I have never seen a company that would take fondly to someone posting "pay per view" content for others to read for free. I am fairly sure that Beckett mentions this in their terms and conditions of the Online Price Guide.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

I too was wondering what rule he violated and why this post was the first that was locked and deleted? There have been countless posts over the time I have been on here that have been transfered pricing from beckett, with no locking or deletion. I think even a MOD or 2 in the past have been guilty of this.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan View Post
I too was wondering what rule he violated and why this post was the first that was locked and deleted? There have been countless posts over the time I have been on here that have been transfered pricing from beckett, with no locking or deletion. I think even a MOD or 2 in the past have been guilty of this.
I guess we will have to do a better job of keeping an eye out for it. I am checking Beckett's TOS right now.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think they just made this change, because on SCF we aren't allowed to do anymore either, I think someone already said this but you can't ask/tell BV's just for asking purposes anymore because they (Beckett) think it takes away from their business . I personally don't really think it does because nobody likes them anyways besides grading purposes and alot of people don't even like that...
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
I guess we will have to do a better job of keeping an eye out for it. I am checking Beckett's TOS right now.
That's cool. I don't want to cause problems. I was just trying to help a few fellow board members.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
I think they just made this change, because on SCF we aren't allowed to do anymore either, I think someone already said this but you can't ask/tell BV's just for asking purposes anymore because they (Beckett) think it takes away from their business . I personally don't really think it does because nobody likes them anyways besides grading purposes and alot of people don't even like that...
Just checked. They post this in the terms of service. "Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited" I don't want any trouble for the board so I will refrain.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
That's cool. I don't want to cause problems. I was just trying to help a few fellow board members.
Creating a new thread asking about a locked topic may indicate otherwise, but I will see if I can find the info on Beckett's site. I know it was a rule when I used to subscribe to the OPG, but Beckett's site is so disorganized to me now that I may not be able to easily find it.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Creating a new thread asking about a locked topic may indicate otherwise, but I will see if I can find the info on Beckett's site. I know it was a rule when I used to subscribe to the OPG, but Beckett's site is so disorganized to me now that I may not be able to easily find it.
I found it and it is against there policy. The only reason I started the new thread was to gain information from the MOD that locked it. I had no way of knowing who to talk to regarding the situation. I am on here for fun and relaxation. By no means was I trying to cause problems. I again apologize. Please feel free to close this thread and consider the matter dropped.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

If there are any other threads where you have posted OPG data then please remove the pricing (at a minimum) from the posts.