Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

I am calling it..WISC over MSU this weekend...60-54.nobody will agree but damn, their deffense has looked good....4 games left right? can't wait till selection sunday
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
You want to bet me? UNC out via 2nd round loss to 7 seed.... wait till you see it then you'll believe...

Uhhh E, what in the #@$? are you thinking....If UNC is a 1 then they play a 16 in the first round and a 8 or 9 in the second.

If they are a 2 then yes they would play a 7.

So, I guess you're thinking the number one team in the ACC is going to drop to a 2 seed although they're still getting first place votes right now??
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

My final 4:
Oklahoma
Pittsburgh
UNC
Arizona State

My 4 sleepers:
Arizona State
Syracuse
LSU
Purdue

My 4 one-two and done:
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Uconn
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppers90unc View Post
Are you kidding me. I will take that UNC bet. We could make it past the 2nd round without 3 of our starters. You have got to be kidding me. They have had a couple of close wins. But other than Boston College playing a great game at UNC and us losing at Wake , where everyone has lost this year. We are less than 10 points from being undefeated. Plus who the hell Oklahoma played. They are playing good and could be the #1 team in the nation. But Carolina has played 4 teams in the top 10 this year. The loss to wake. We killed Norte Dame who was ranked #8 at the time by 15 points, then beat Michigan St who now is top #10 by 35 up at the final four site in Detriot and the we beat Duke by 14 at Duke, and then throw a 24 point win over Clemson. Come on. I am not as sure as I was to start the season, as UCONN, Pittsburgh, Oklahoma are all good teams. Although like Carolina's loss of Ginyard for the year, Dyson will hurt UCONN. So please. I will take your bet, but someone else or I will hold the money,if not no bet. Ha Ha. Carolina wont make the final four. We are 2 bad halves of the last 2 years, from being defending back to back to back national championships. They fell asleep 2 years ago, and let Georgetown back to score like the final 12 points or so of regualation and lost in overtime in the regional final, if they win , they are at the final 4. THen last year, they did the same crap, and forgot to play for 10 minutes in the first half, and got behind a ton on Kansas. And nearly came back. So bring it on. Carolina will probably win it all. And guess what . We will lose Hansbourough, Ellington, Lawson and Green in the offseason. But guess what, we are reloading next year with the best recruiting class in the nation. Yes guess what Ginyard will be back with. Davis, Thompson, Davis and Zeller add our new guys and we will probably make it past next years 2nd round too. Please I hate people who are haters. Anyone that cant admit Carolina on paper has the best team or if not one of the top4 , is crazy. And anyone that cant say that Tyler is one of the best players or that their favorite team wouldnt take him in a heartbeat is full of it. So come on!!
That's your problem...On paper doesn't mean #@#@#@#@...
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
My final 4:
Oklahoma
Pittsburgh No way Jamie Dixon never wins a big game
UNC
Arizona State

My 4 sleepers:
Arizona State I like this pick
Syracuseagain too up and down
LSUHorrible on the road no way
PurdueI like this pick too

My 4 one-two and done:
Dukeagree
UCLANo way in Hell a Ben Howland team loses in the first weekend
Michigan Stateditto but with Tom Izzo
UconnI agree


My opinions on your picks.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
My opinions on your picks.
If Flynn plays well that team could easily go to the final four, if not they could be out in the 2nd round easily, I agree that Dixon never has one the big game but he has a hell of alot of talent and I think Blair is better than Griffen team wise and he could carry them along ways i think, and UCLA I just think they aren't that good and overhyped, they lost to Zona and ASU they lost to twice and almost lost to Washington at home, just don't think they have any talent outside collison. i think they'll probably be out in 2nd-3rd round but wouldn't shock me if they were gone in 1st.
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
UCLA I just think they aren't that good and overhyped, they lost to Zona and ASU they lost to twice and almost lost to Washington at home, .
Wow, what game were you watching lastnight. They lead by close to 10 the entire game and would have won by 12 if not for a #@#@#@#@ three at the horn. Yes that cost me a cover and had to push lastnight.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
Wow, what game were you watching lastnight. They lead by close to 10 the entire game and would have won by 12 if not for a #@#@#@#@ three at the horn. Yes that cost me a cover and had to push lastnight.
haha that sucks, but Washington stood close most of the game and they're a slightly above-average team IMO.
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
Uhhh E, what in the #@$? are you thinking....If UNC is a 1 then they play a 16 in the first round and a 8 or 9 in the second.

If they are a 2 then yes they would play a 7.

So, I guess you're thinking the number one team in the ACC is going to drop to a 2 seed although they're still getting first place votes right now??

Yup they get a #2 they lose 2 more before seasons over 1 in play and one in acc toourney they get A 2 SEED PLAY 16 WIN THEN PLAY #7 AND LOSE. WATCH
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
My final 4:
Oklahoma
Pittsburgh
UNC
Arizona State

My 4 sleepers:
Arizona State
Syracuse
LSU
Purdue

My 4 one-two and done:
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Uconn
My final 4:
Oklahoma-- Yes
Pittsburgh- Nope Sweet 16 knocked out
UNC-Nope 2nd round knockout
Arizona State-Elite 8 KO

My 4 sleepers:
Arizona State
Syracuse
LSU
Purdue

My 4 one-two and done:
Duke- Sweet 16 KO
UCLA- !st round
Michigan State- 2nd round
Uconn-Final 4
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #36 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,633
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Another strong finish for UNC today Most over-rated team in the country. How do you blow a 16 point lead to Maryland???
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

maryland isn't bad........if u read the stats..20 top 5 teams beaten under williams.....
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
maryland isn't bad........if u read the stats..20 top 5 teams beaten under williams.....
They lost to Morgan State a good team doesn't lose at home to Morgan State.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

i siad they were not bad.......where did i say they were good? j/w
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
sportzluvr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Peoria, Il
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
They lost to Morgan State a good team doesn't lose at home to Morgan State.
I agree with this statement 100%.

To be a solid team, you beat the teams your suppose to beat, and win over half of the games that you are considered the "underdog"
sportzluvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

wheres the fun in that lol......I am sure bradley was suppose to beat wisc-platville...d 1 vs what d 3 or 2......and platville beat em IN bradley...the "better" team one.....this is off the unc topic but look at platville..ranked in the top 5 in their division..and i am sure the braves knew they would take em down.....EVERY team is entitled to a loss...and to be a solid team..u have to win ur "home games" and win at least half on the road. In college home coart is a HUGE advantage....maybe thats why i like it more than the NBA... Plus, they can't take a play off.....maryland has a shot at the tounrey if it can win 2 of its final four games....maybe beat duke, and anotehr decent team, and they r in.....
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #42 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
wheres the fun in that lol......I am sure bradley was suppose to beat wisc-platville...d 1 vs what d 3 or 2......and platville beat em IN bradley...the "better" team one.....this is off the unc topic but look at platville..ranked in the top 5 in their division..and i am sure the braves knew they would take em down.....EVERY team is entitled to a loss...and to be a solid team..u have to win ur "home games" and win at least half on the road. In college home coart is a HUGE advantage....maybe thats why i like it more than the NBA... Plus, they can't take a play off.....maryland has a shot at the tounrey if it can win 2 of its final four games....maybe beat duke, and anotehr decent team, and they r in.....
Where are you going with this rambling? I got lost somewhere between plateville and the NBA...

Back to topic, this game with UNC today proves my point. They have a terrible coach in Roy Boy.. You can't allow your team to lose a game when they have a 16 point lead. He got lucky to win his one title in Chapel Hill. He will not be getting another one.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #43 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

And where are you getting this Bradley lost to Plateville anyways? They didn't even play this year?
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppers90unc View Post
Are you kidding me. I will take that UNC bet. We could make it past the 2nd round without 3 of our starters. You have got to be kidding me. They have had a couple of close wins. But other than Boston College playing a great game at UNC and us losing at Wake , where everyone has lost this year. We are less than 10 points from being undefeated. Plus who the hell Oklahoma played. They are playing good and could be the #1 team in the nation. But Carolina has played 4 teams in the top 10 this year. The loss to wake. We killed Norte Dame who was ranked #8 at the time by 15 points, then beat Michigan St who now is top #10 by 35 up at the final four site in Detriot and the we beat Duke by 14 at Duke, and then throw a 24 point win over Clemson. Come on. I am not as sure as I was to start the season, as UCONN, Pittsburgh, Oklahoma are all good teams. Although like Carolina's loss of Ginyard for the year, Dyson will hurt UCONN. So please. I will take your bet, but someone else or I will hold the money,if not no bet. Ha Ha. Carolina wont make the final four. We are 2 bad halves of the last 2 years, from being defending back to back to back national championships. They fell asleep 2 years ago, and let Georgetown back to score like the final 12 points or so of regualation and lost in overtime in the regional final, if they win , they are at the final 4. THen last year, they did the same crap, and forgot to play for 10 minutes in the first half, and got behind a ton on Kansas. And nearly came back. So bring it on. Carolina will probably win it all. And guess what . We will lose Hansbourough, Ellington, Lawson and Green in the offseason. But guess what, we are reloading next year with the best recruiting class in the nation. Yes guess what Ginyard will be back with. Davis, Thompson, Davis and Zeller add our new guys and we will probably make it past next years 2nd round too. Please I hate people who are haters. Anyone that cant admit Carolina on paper has the best team or if not one of the top4 , is crazy. And anyone that cant say that Tyler is one of the best players or that their favorite team wouldnt take him in a heartbeat is full of it. So come on!!
Hey smacktalker lets place our bet on here soon and have another member hold the funds.. I know more about College Bball then youll ever know and told you one loss in play and loss in acc tourney #2 seed and lose to #7 second round. So lets place our $500 bet shortly. PM me so we can confirm E
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

platville played bradley in the predeason...exhibition...and got wooped...its not on their schedule....buts its in the paper i have...and it was awesome
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Hey smacktalker lets place our bet on here soon and have another member hold the funds.. I know more about College Bball then youll ever know and told you one loss in play and loss in acc tourney #2 seed and lose to #7 second round. So lets place our $500 bet shortly. PM me so we can confirm E
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

look here..platville vs bradley wolfer..i follow college bball
UW-Platteville vs Bradley Braves (11-09-08 at Peoria, Ill. - Carver Arena)
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

a guy at my dad's work played at plattville haha.
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
platville played bradley in the predeason...exhibition...and got wooped...its not on their schedule....buts its in the paper i have...and it was awesome
It was exhibition that doesn't count! I wouldn't call that a whooping either. Plus, Bradley isn't good and the Mo Valley isn't good this year either.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,194
Default

First off let me hand it to E....your half way to 2 loses before the end of the season, good call!!

Second you can take every champ every year and compare loses from one team to another and come up with Morgan State beat this team and team X beat team Y so Morgan States the best or they all stink....Basically it crap!

Thank goodness for the best tournament in sports to decide a mess like this huh!!

Another point...we have a long way to go to decide 1 seeds and all that, I'm still thinking UNC gets a 1, someone from the ACC always does.

and finally Kansas lost to Oklahoma St on Feb 23 last year...I think their season ended OK didn't it
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.