Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #51 (permalink)

a game is a game..its not like they didn't try..who wants to lose to a d 3 team when ur d 1?....and at one point they were up 14 lol....close in the end but it was at bradley..makes it better...bradley is 16-12 btw.....9-7 conf....off the subject..whens the ok vs tex game start?
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #52 (permalink)

There is no such place called Bradley. I live in Pekin, and Bradley is baout 20 minutes away from me.....in Peoria.
sportzluvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #53 (permalink)

u knew what i meant.......but ya...WOW
Old 02-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #54 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Well, it looks like Pitt is going to be #1 again
Old 02-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #55 (permalink)

ya sooners lost....so now...everyone who was talking crap bout unc...lets here the same for the sooners
Old 02-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #56 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

There wasn't anyone on here talking up the Sooners. Griffin is just slightly less overrated as Hansbrough. Texas isn't that good, as you could see by them almost blowing it even though Blake was out.

Blair > Griffin > Hansbrough
Old 02-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
There wasn't anyone on here talking up the Sooners. Griffin is just slightly less overrated as Hansbrough. Texas isn't that good, as you could see by them almost blowing it even though Blake was out.

Blair > Griffin > Hansbrough
i agree, except i think texas could make the sweet 16 or elite 8 in abrams is on, they have the big men (pittman & atchley) and the outside guys (james & abrams) and balbay is starting to play pretty good had like 12 pts and 9 assists and only 2 turnovers tonight. but i think griffin is highly overrated because he never shows up in road games aka there 2 loses, the rest of their tough games were at home (purdue, usc, texas round 1, baylor) i think ou is good but griffin is overrated, warren is their best scorer IMO.
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 AM   #58 (permalink)

how can you say griffin is overrated???
he dominates every game he is in unless he gets a concussion like that last game...
POTY FO SHO

my bucket: photobucket.com/albums/ww33/crazybearsfan22/
crazybearsfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:28 AM   #59 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Joklahoma finally gets exposed to everyone for what they are. The National Champ will come from the Big East. The league is so deep and talented. Every team gets tested all conference season.
Now let me state that I live in CT, and follow Uconn, but I don't think they can win the title. They are not cohesive, since Dyson went out, its like someone cut their head off. However, Thabeet is the real deal. They have the talent to win every game; I feel that they lack the drive to push themselves.
If I had to pick the final 4 right now, I would go with Pitt, Lousville, Memphis, and Uconn. But I honestly believe that it is wide open.
Who will not make it;
UNC- I think Hansborough is way overrated (Eric Montross anyone)
Oklahoma- They lost to 2 unranked teams, one of whom is 13-12 (Arkansas) and the only win against a ranked team I remember was Purdue, and it went to OT.
Duke- can't win the big game. They don't have a finisher.
But like I said, it's wide open. Should be the best tournament in a long time.

Last edited by signal_fifty; 02-22-2009 at 07:35 AM.
signal_fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #60 (permalink)

i love it...people these days..a guy puts up great numbers and he is over rated? well just because you can't put up numbers it makes someone overrated because they r actually very talented....when i played in hs..i only averaged 14 a game,....nothing to brag about....our conference was weak but we play a tough NC schedule and still put up good numbers....tyler and blake r not over rated......tyler has been consistent throgh his WHOLE college career..will he be great in the nba....i dunno....its college we r talking about.........griffin is amazing as well. i guess every guy who is a big scorer is over rated....it just doesn't make sense. They're great players hence their teams records.....i give up.......i would just rather have the tourney come.........gl to everone's fav team
Old 02-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybearsfan22 View Post
how can you say griffin is overrated???
he dominates every game he is in unless he gets a concussion like that last game...
POTY FO SHO
he only dominates bad teams, and does above-average against good teams. if you put him in the big east no way he'd get 22 and 14 every game...he'd be lucky to get 15 and 10.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
i love it...people these days..a guy puts up great numbers and he is over rated? well just because you can't put up numbers it makes someone overrated because they r actually very talented....when i played in hs..i only averaged 14 a game,....nothing to brag about....our conference was weak but we play a tough NC schedule and still put up good numbers....tyler and blake r not over rated......tyler has been consistent throgh his WHOLE college career..will he be great in the nba....i dunno....its college we r talking about.........griffin is amazing as well. i guess every guy who is a big scorer is over rated....it just doesn't make sense. They're great players hence their teams records.....i give up.......i would just rather have the tourney come.........gl to everone's fav team
hansbrough sucked this year, he's never shown up in any big acc games...griffin only puts up big numbers because of the league his in and their schedule is weak as hell, considering their best win was purdue...oklahoma is a lot more than griffin too if you watched the game...warren had like 6 3's in the 2nd half and austin johnson is amazing late in games.