Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default March madness getting close

how many people are looking forward to that? I know i am....being a badger fan ( they r turning it around, some tough loses) 4 game win streak.....they should get in and with their deff, i think they will make the sweet sixteen....but UNC, well will win it.....i can't wait for it......its gonna be great
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I really think I have 2 of the Final 4 nailed down.. Oklahoma and UNC.. I really don't think anybody will beat those 2 teams and I pray for that to be the championship game. It would be neat to see Griffen vs Blair but Pitt under Jamie has never won a big game in March plus they will fall because of crappie foul shooting.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Plus, this will be my first year at the final four and I would love to see that match up. Since I knew I was going to have tickets I have followed a lot this year and if it wasn't for the 2 unc guys getting hurt they would walk away with the title easy. Not so sure anymore with what I have seen from Boomer Sooner.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

I agree it should be great but heck...I want to watch the Big East tourny first!! There's always an upset and man are there some great teams in that conference...should be a classic battle and no doubt the winner will be the number 1 seed overall.

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to d_white089

Can't wait!! Hopefully another sweet 16 for the mounties!

s318.photobucket.com/albums/mm438/d_white089
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
how many people are looking forward to that? I know i am....being a badger fan ( they r turning it around, some tough loses) 4 game win streak.....they should get in and with their deff, i think they will make the sweet sixteen....but UNC, well will win it.....i can't wait for it......its gonna be great

XXXX UNC!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
I really think I have 2 of the Final 4 nailed down.. Oklahoma and UNC.. I really don't think anybody will beat those 2 teams and I pray for that to be the championship game. It would be neat to see Griffen vs Blair but Pitt under Jamie has never won a big game in March plus they will fall because of crappie foul shooting.
UNC 2ND ROUND KNOCKED OUT. WANNA WAGER??? $250?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I don't see UNC getting though the Sweet 16.

After watching the game Monday, I'm less impressed with Thabeet than ever. The guy is weak. Looked at his stats and noticed that against better competition, he has done nothing. Because of that, I don't see Uconn going far either.

Pitt has a history of losing to lesser teams in the tourney, but something just seems different about them this year. Tentative guess is that they will make the Final Four.

Oh yea, Duke is a joke.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Ohhhh......E.....I might have to ponder that bet myself. I will let you know. I know UNC is more hyped than they really are, but 2nd round I just don't see it. They still are one of the best teams out there and a team that usually has a decent run in the tourny.

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

ppl said memphis wouldn't do i lasy year..weak ft shooting but look what they did?unc don't need deffense..ask duke....and miami fl is a good team...one of the best players in the nation is on that team....i forgot his name but man, that kid can fill er up.....unc, okl will prolly be in the final four, but duke will be out via the second round, pitt will make a nice run...no dyson for uconn and tabeet, well, just a tall lanky guy who has good games against bad/ mediocre teams.....and unc out in the 2nd round? ur crazy man.......last year was sweet...4 1's in the final four....this year.......not gonna happen......too many decent teams...the big east....i can't say the league is THAT GOOD cause ND SYR, Louis all have been up and down......tehy really beat up on eachotehr like the big ten...outta conf the big ten matched up pretty well vs them....Marquette is a team to also be weary of......
Old 02-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Oh yea, Duke is a joke.
I know that's right!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rivals.com College Basketball - The Drive for 65: Time getting short

a small prediction pending the last 5 games.....i think msu will not get a 2...more like a 3-4 seed.....hammered by purdue and wisky is coming to town sunday....marquette...i feel bad for them......
Old 02-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortekv8 View Post
Ohhhh......E.....I might have to ponder that bet myself. I will let you know. I know UNC is more hyped than they really are, but 2nd round I just don't see it. They still are one of the best teams out there and a team that usually has a decent run in the tourny.
Ponder okay... lmk. UNC is overhyped and Uconn will make final 4 and lose. Your going to be very suprised who makes the final and wins...
Old 02-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
ppl said memphis wouldn't do i lasy year..weak ft shooting but look what they did?unc don't need deffense..ask duke....and miami fl is a good team...one of the best players in the nation is on that team....i forgot his name but man, that kid can fill er up.....unc, okl will prolly be in the final four, but duke will be out via the second round, pitt will make a nice run...no dyson for uconn and tabeet, well, just a tall lanky guy who has good games against bad/ mediocre teams.....and unc out in the 2nd round? ur crazy man.......last year was sweet...4 1's in the final four....this year.......not gonna happen......too many decent teams...the big east....i can't say the league is THAT GOOD cause ND SYR, Louis all have been up and down......tehy really beat up on eachotehr like the big ten...outta conf the big ten matched up pretty well vs them....Marquette is a team to also be weary of......
You want to bet me? UNC out via 2nd round loss to 7 seed.... wait till you see it then you'll believe...
Old 02-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I know that's right!
LMAO!!! Really??? You are a JA
Old 02-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I might go, last year I went to the sweet 16 and elite 8. It was a good time. The Davidson/Kansas game was awesome
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

the davidson ku game was good....ya duke.....what a story they r.........all them blue chip 5 star players and what do they have to show for it recently? early exits......i wanted to go to the wisky/davidson game last year......but damn, the ku memphis game woulda been a tad more exciting
Old 02-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

KU might still be a team that most do not want to face. I am not expecting a deep run, but if they get a 4 seed, they might be a tough out for a top seed. Can't wait for conference tourneys etc.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
why so you can back out on it like you did the texas ohio state game?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Its one of the best sporting events of the year !!! I don't know why but I think you should watch out for the Louisville Cards !!!

Kent
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

i'd watc outh for N J I T...lol j/p..........they have "1" win.......go marquette/wisky
Old 02-20-2009, 05:07 AM   #22 (permalink)

Default I ll take your bet

Are you kidding me. I will take that UNC bet. We could make it past the 2nd round without 3 of our starters. You have got to be kidding me. They have had a couple of close wins. But other than Boston College playing a great game at UNC and us losing at Wake , where everyone has lost this year. We are less than 10 points from being undefeated. Plus who the hell Oklahoma played. They are playing good and could be the #1 team in the nation. But Carolina has played 4 teams in the top 10 this year. The loss to wake. We killed Norte Dame who was ranked #8 at the time by 15 points, then beat Michigan St who now is top #10 by 35 up at the final four site in Detriot and the we beat Duke by 14 at Duke, and then throw a 24 point win over Clemson. Come on. I am not as sure as I was to start the season, as UCONN, Pittsburgh, Oklahoma are all good teams. Although like Carolina's loss of Ginyard for the year, Dyson will hurt UCONN. So please. I will take your bet, but someone else or I will hold the money,if not no bet. Ha Ha. Carolina wont make the final four. We are 2 bad halves of the last 2 years, from being defending back to back to back national championships. They fell asleep 2 years ago, and let Georgetown back to score like the final 12 points or so of regualation and lost in overtime in the regional final, if they win , they are at the final 4. THen last year, they did the same crap, and forgot to play for 10 minutes in the first half, and got behind a ton on Kansas. And nearly came back. So bring it on. Carolina will probably win it all. And guess what . We will lose Hansbourough, Ellington, Lawson and Green in the offseason. But guess what, we are reloading next year with the best recruiting class in the nation. Yes guess what Ginyard will be back with. Davis, Thompson, Davis and Zeller add our new guys and we will probably make it past next years 2nd round too. Please I hate people who are haters. Anyone that cant admit Carolina on paper has the best team or if not one of the top4 , is crazy. And anyone that cant say that Tyler is one of the best players or that their favorite team wouldnt take him in a heartbeat is full of it. So come on!!
peppers90unc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #23 (permalink)

You did not nearly come back on Kansas. That is the only thing I read from that rambling piece of junk. UNC is overrated year in and year out. Watch out for a Sweet Sixteen loss Roy.

Ty-Ty would get killed by Taylor Griffin so don't even worry about being better than Blake.

Lastly, learn how to correctly use paragraphing. It might make someone read that junk you have posted. UNC blows.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

UNC's problem is bad coaching.. Roy Boy isn't the best coach in the world. Give Tom Izzo that team and they are unbeaten this year.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppers90unc View Post
Are you kidding me. I will take that UNC bet. We could make it past the 2nd round without 3 of our starters. You have got to be kidding me. They have had a couple of close wins. But other than Boston College playing a great game at UNC and us losing at Wake , where everyone has lost this year. We are less than 10 points from being undefeated. Plus who the hell Oklahoma played. They are playing good and could be the #1 team in the nation. But Carolina has played 4 teams in the top 10 this year. The loss to wake. We killed Norte Dame who was ranked #8 at the time by 15 points, then beat Michigan St who now is top #10 by 35 up at the final four site in Detriot and the we beat Duke by 14 at Duke, and then throw a 24 point win over Clemson. Come on. I am not as sure as I was to start the season, as UCONN, Pittsburgh, Oklahoma are all good teams. Although like Carolina's loss of Ginyard for the year, Dyson will hurt UCONN. So please. I will take your bet, but someone else or I will hold the money,if not no bet. Ha Ha. Carolina wont make the final four. We are 2 bad halves of the last 2 years, from being defending back to back to back national championships. They fell asleep 2 years ago, and let Georgetown back to score like the final 12 points or so of regualation and lost in overtime in the regional final, if they win , they are at the final 4. THen last year, they did the same crap, and forgot to play for 10 minutes in the first half, and got behind a ton on Kansas. And nearly came back. So bring it on. Carolina will probably win it all. And guess what . We will lose Hansbourough, Ellington, Lawson and Green in the offseason. But guess what, we are reloading next year with the best recruiting class in the nation. Yes guess what Ginyard will be back with. Davis, Thompson, Davis and Zeller add our new guys and we will probably make it past next years 2nd round too. Please I hate people who are haters. Anyone that cant admit Carolina on paper has the best team or if not one of the top4 , is crazy. And anyone that cant say that Tyler is one of the best players or that their favorite team wouldnt take him in a heartbeat is full of it. So come on!!

Really??? LOL UNC . Hansborough is a big ofee. and overrated you'll see. All that pre season hype and nada lmao. Loading up for next yr hahha thats funny top recruiting class? where do you get your info Rivals.com? They will fall right on there face in the tourney. Hans/Lawson will be shut down by a "Big East" team and be going home early