Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How Important is a Championship to YOU ?

Since the Eagles once again got close but failed to deliver people have been hammering Andy, Donovan and Lurie for failing to win the Super Bowl once again. They are totally ignoring the fact that the team has had is most successful run ever under this regime. So I ask you.... you can only choose one and no changes or exceptions to the two choices......would you sell your team to the devil for a parade ???

a.) my favorite team wins a championship this year then plays .500 or worse and misses the playoffs for the next decade

b.) my team reamins competitive and always challenges but never wins the big game for the next decade

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

As a Pirate fan, I think my answer is obvious...Whats another 10 years of bad baseball if we could win it now?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

I see both sides of your questions. On one hand I am a Die-Hard Broncos fan. I saw the losses in the SB against NYG, WAS & SF, but remained happy that they were the cream of the crop in the AFC for so long. Once the 2 SB wins came I changed the way I looked at it. I was actually upset Elway didn't come back and went for SB 3 in a row! After time, I was happy for him going out on top as the SB MVP & back to back SB wins. So I'm undecided......

BUT I am a die hard CUBS FAN. So I have to agree with Patrick. If they won one World Series I could wait another 100 years.

Check me out on the Bay & COMC for special BO member deals!!!
Great Dealz Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Well I have seen the Giants win 3 Super Bowls, the Mets win a World Series and the Rangers win a Stanley Cup so I will choose (A) championships are awesome!!!

This means that after 10 years of being real bad or average they all win again??

Last edited by jbellis74; 02-18-2009 at 12:44 PM.
jbellis74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'll take A. Championships are sooo much fun to celebrate. And now my son is old enough to enjoy one! C'mon Stars, Cowboys, Mavs, and Rangers!
dallasstars29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

this thread is familiar.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

As a Bills fan from back in the day this is a very difficult question.

Scott Norwood could've been a hero for 4 straight years... instead he was a sign of things to come...
I would have liked 1 Championship as I have gotten with my Fav baseball team in the Braves

I am still proud of the Bills and dont think ANYONE will go to 4 straight SuperBowls in a row in todays NFL

PS Forget Strasburg... Jordan Zimmermann is the Next Big thing in DC in 2009 and Beyond!
DadofTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadofTwins View Post
As a Bills fan from back in the day this is a very difficult question.

Scott Norwood could've been a hero for 4 straight years... instead he was a sign of things to come...
I would have liked 1 Championship as I have gotten with my Fav baseball team in the Braves

I am still proud of the Bills and dont think ANYONE will go to 4 straight SuperBowls in a row in todays NFL
I think my voodoo curse helped the Giants win that year, so its my fault lol
Old 02-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

As a Cubs season ticket holder, I'd prefer (a) to (b). I go to 40-45 games a year and I go for two reasons - to spend time with my friends (I have 4 seats) and to watch the Cubs win a World Series. The Cubs' playoff exits in '07 and '08 made me forget they had outstanding seasons.

I'll take a sub-.500 record for the rest of my life if they win just one title.
endthecurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I want the championship. Especially in the case of the Eagles. They have been competitive over and over again and never won the Superbowl. It is old hat. You have them now being competitive for the last bunch of years, they were competitive in the 90's with Buddy and Randall, they were competitive in the 80's when they went to the SB and lost. I don't know how they were before that.

The thing that Philly fans in general always complain about is that the ownership of the teams aren't usually willing to go after any big players to improve their team, just pick up average guys and hope they have career years.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

sorry cubs fans.....the cubs r shooting for 200 years 94 years left right?
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

I had sideline passes for the AFC Championship when the Colts beat New England a couple years ago and that was great. Addai taking the ball in for the TD at the end of the 4th. Seeing him celebrate with Dom up close. Being on the field after the game, I will never forget how much fun that was. Then I got hooked up with great seats for the big game in Miami, and watching Indy beat Chicago was amazing. I didnt even realize how soaking wet I was, I just got caught up in the moment. If I dont see it again for 10 or 20 years I will be disappointed, but not much can top Super Bowl 41 for me.
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Being a New York fan, naturally championships mean more to me... they are my birthright after all!
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tim

no question it's A. You will always have memories (and video) of that great, championship season, feeling and euphoria. The Reds have sucked for many years but 1990 still feels sweet today, and it always will.

The flip side is the continued frustration to keep getting close and failing -- that would get old real quick.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

As an Indians fan and season ticket holder I am going for the Championship now. We havent won since 1948 (one of the longest in the history of any sport....we feel ya cub fans). And for the last decade we have been a club that has been in the thick of it and to the WS and AL Championship. So after watching my team be in the thick of it so many times and losing out, I will trade for a championship now. Hell I will just take one WS win in my lifetime and be thrilled.

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
no question it's A. You will always have memories (and video) of that great, championship season, feeling and euphoria. The Reds have sucked for many years but 1990 still feels sweet today, and it always will.

The flip side is the continued frustration to keep getting close and failing -- that would get old real quick.
I'm a Reds fan too and I remember having to break a screen to break into my house to watch the 4th game of the series. I was in HS and forgot my key at home that day.

Funny thing is, when they won I was like, "Now what??" With UK it's a little more fun (March Madness is the best) but still it's not a huge deal to me, I'm happy to see my teams try their best and leave it all out there and that's enough for me.

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

A) is what I would pick. Winning is the only thing that matters!!!I'm very loyal to my teams and I've always enjoyed the Championships.

Kent
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
I'm a Reds fan too and I remember having to break a screen to break into my house to watch the 4th game of the series. I was in HS and forgot my key at home that day.
I seem to remember game four being on a saturday night -- we all partied downtown after watching the game on tv.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
I want the championship. Especially in the case of the Eagles. They have been competitive over and over again and never won the Superbowl. It is old hat. You have them now being competitive for the last bunch of years, they were competitive in the 90's with Buddy and Randall, they were competitive in the 80's when they went to the SB and lost. I don't know how they were before that.

The thing that Philly fans in general always complain about is that the ownership of the teams aren't usually willing to go after any big players to improve their team, just pick up average guys and hope they have career years.

They last won a championship in 1960 with Van Buren and Van Brocklin leading the way. They were doormats in the 70s until Vermiel showed up and traded for Jaworski from LA. Buddy Ryan had a ton of talent (in the late 80s) on his team but Jerome Brown dying and Braman not paying guys like Keith Jackson, Reggie White & Seth Joyner to stay or signing any FAs really hurt that team.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS

Last edited by BAMBAM; 02-18-2009 at 04:19 PM.
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I'm wanting the title!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #21 (permalink)

Bam Bam, as an Eagles fan and you know it is listening to sports radio in this area with the fraud cowboys fans and the NYC transplants, i just want the Eagles to win..i pick A
Collecting cards of players wearing #74. Press Pass is fine. Looking for Autos, Gameused (no event worn, college jerseys fine), 1/1's (print plates are fine), rookies.

PM Me if you have any
CollectNum74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #22 (permalink)

As A Saints Fan I Would Say (a) We Have Been Trying Since 1967 And Only Been To The Nfc Championship Game Once (i Hate The Bears) And Never The Superbowl. We Have Had Decades Of Bad Football With No Title, So This Is A No Brainer.
MADSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

As a resident of PA, I get to experience first hand how incredibly STUPID Eagles fans are. They think McNabb is Joe Montana as long as he wins but the first game they loose his fault or not they want to crucify him I honestly wish they would just win a dam championship so I dont hear them whining every year or the columnist hyping up McNabb when he beats up on a terrible secondary. The only true talent that team has is Westbrook and you hear nothing about that poor guy, Its always McNabb or Porky Pig (AKA Andy I ate a cow Reid) So come on Philly fans just admit it, you are a mediocre team that does not have the credentials to go all the way until change arrives! So in Phillys shoes they have no choice but to pick B. O yeah Im not a Steelers fan but I consider them the REAL PA TEAM
156neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Since I'm a Detroit fan I wouldn't sell my soul to the devil(fiction).

Hockey were set for a while
Basketball we've had a decent run, 3 rings in 2 decades.
Baseball, I would love see win but I just love watching baseball
Football, comes close but we dominated the 50's!
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote