Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone here collect Game Used Jerseys?

I have been a card collector for many years, but recently decided to get into Game Used jerseys. Just wondering if anyone here buys gamers. I have about 6 gamers, with 3 more on the way in the mail. So far I only buy NFL Redskins jerseys, but we'll see how that changes over the years.
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

brad68to96 is a huge collector of gamers.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

where do you get them from, i think it would be an awesome thing to collect, i just wouldnt have the first idea how to obtain them
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Do you mean the full jerseys?

Ive always wanted one...but they are a lot for me -.-
Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have a number of minor league jerseys. Someday when we sell our house and move into one with more space I think I will sell 99% of my card collection and put the money in MLB and/or NHL jerseys.

Welcome to The MeiGray Group is a great place to get jerseys. Maybe not the cheapest but I've always given them credit as being 100% legit.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr9381 View Post
where do you get them from, i think it would be an awesome thing to collect, i just wouldnt have the first idea how to obtain them
JO Sports Inc - "The Source" for all your game used memorabilia is where I've purchased a few from. I bought one directly from Chris Cooley, and got a few from The Redskins Tent sale at the Stadium.

The prices aren't bad, when you factor in what you dump into cards trying to pull the monster hit.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
I have a number of minor league jerseys. Someday when we sell our house and move into one with more space I think I will sell 99% of my card collection and put the money in MLB and/or NHL jerseys.

Welcome to The MeiGray Group is a great place to get jerseys. Maybe not the cheapest but I've always given them credit as being 100% legit.
I feel the same way, once I move into my new house, My Man Cave will have jerseys proudly displayed all over the walls.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
brad68to96 is a huge collector of gamers.
pskell is correct, I do love the game used jerseys. I have quite a bit of them. It's a little easier to get my Colts jerseys since my friend plays for them. I have almost 30 Colts game used jerseys. A ton of gloves. I'm close to a full Rhodes uniform, and am supposed to get a helmet very soon. I also collect NHL items. I have several Pavel Bure game used jerseys, including his 94' Stanley Cup Home Jersey.(dont ask what I paid for that) On top of that I have around 300 or so game used NHL sticks. Gretzky, Lemieux, Ovechkin, Malkin, Bure(24), etc, etc, etc,.... Chipmaster, if you need any Skins stuff let me know and I will see what I can track down for you.

Brian
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

I've got 30-70 of my own Game Used Jerseys!!!

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I've got 30-70 of my own Game Used Jerseys!!!
Now who would want them are not those the ones you wore out the elbows on the sleeves sitting on the bench all the time ??

Peter
Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
Now who would want them are not those the ones you wore out the elbows on the sleeves sitting on the bench all the time ??

Peter
some of them!!!......Before I became a Super Stud

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad68to96 View Post
pskell is correct, I do love the game used jerseys. I have quite a bit of them. It's a little easier to get my Colts jerseys since my friend plays for them. I have almost 30 Colts game used jerseys. A ton of gloves. I'm close to a full Rhodes uniform, and am supposed to get a helmet very soon. I also collect NHL items. I have several Pavel Bure game used jerseys, including his 94' Stanley Cup Home Jersey.(dont ask what I paid for that) On top of that I have around 300 or so game used NHL sticks. Gretzky, Lemieux, Ovechkin, Malkin, Bure(24), etc, etc, etc,.... Chipmaster, if you need any Skins stuff let me know and I will see what I can track down for you.

Brian
I almost bought an Ovechkin rookie gamer from Meigray a couple of years back, I think they ONLY wanted $5k for it at the time......Man I wish I had jumped on it. That's nice you have an inside connection for the jerseys - makes everything that much easier. I have a complete uniform (less the helmet) from Todd Collins last 5 games of last year (he was the skins backup QB who took us to the playoffs). I am looking for the helmet to match. 300 Sticks? Man you must have an awesome collection, I'd love to see a few!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Look in the gallery and you can see a lot of some collections....also a site I often use to buy is americanmemorabilia.com I don't buy gamers, but they often auction a lot of them.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

AUCTIONS.NFL.COM

pricey though.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
I almost bought an Ovechkin rookie gamer from Meigray a couple of years back, I think they ONLY wanted $5k for it at the time......Man I wish I had jumped on it. That's nice you have an inside connection for the jerseys - makes everything that much easier. I have a complete uniform (less the helmet) from Todd Collins last 5 games of last year (he was the skins backup QB who took us to the playoffs). I am looking for the helmet to match. 300 Sticks? Man you must have an awesome collection, I'd love to see a few!
I will post some pics later this evening. My football hook up is awesome, and not just because of the freebies. He's just a great guy. I also have some connections for NHL items, which is where most of my modern era sticks come from. A friend of mine works for the Wings, and I played hockey with a guy who is now starting in the NHL. He made the All Star team a few years back, and we stay in touch. We both had scholarships to the same college, and I lost mine due to a hip replacement at 17. Kind of sucks, if not for that maybe someone would be collecting my cards?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
300 Sticks? Man you must have an awesome collection, I'd love to see a few!
Here is my favorite non-Bure stick. I'll post more when I find the disc they're on.