Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 02:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
jjhasmadskillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 755
Default 911 Chimp Attack

Did anyone hear the 911 call on the news last night where the chimp went crazy on a woman and ripped her face off then tried to tear her apart? Crazy 911 call, kind of disturbing.
jjhasmadskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,725
Default

Brak always said, Never Trust a Monkey.

__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 02-19-2009 at 10:47 AM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
deboesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PITTSBURGH BABY!
Posts: 5,356
Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports
Default

i think the operator was alittle lazy in the call....seemed like he could have been alittle more faster in his responce
__________________
"BUCTOBER"
deboesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
FINS4LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,803
Default

LOL.....I forgot about BRAK
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
jjhasmadskillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 755
Default

Its kind of sad to say, but I almost laughed.....well, I did laugh.
jjhasmadskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
jjhasmadskillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 755
Default

Check out the entire 911 call w/video footage on youtube. I just typed in 911 chimp attack and it came up. Who would have thought you needed to worry about a chimp attack in Connecticut!
jjhasmadskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINS4LIFE View Post
LOL.....I forgot about BRAK
Oh Mayan! How could you! Brak is Omnipresent
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bayonne NJ
Posts: 458
Default

Operator did all he could, by the book, as the call came in. They have specific info they need to get but you could hear him telling someone else in dispatch what was going on. Original operator needed to get as much info as possible, which he did, other dispatcher needed to get someone on the way while first guy is still getting details.
I know it sounds horrible to a victim but when you send a PO out to a job, he/she really does need as much info as possible before they arrive and if that takes an additional 5-10 seconds, it still has to be done.
There is a whole lot more going on with that call than the guy being lazy. You can bet there was a supervisor listening in and he was typing info in as quick as his fingers could go. Most of the basic address/name info fills in automatically with one keystroke but the people in the field still operate on a need to know, and that needs as much detail as possible.

Been there, done that, from both sides, and it isn't pleasant, I can tell you that much.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
nbalinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,096
Default

Ripped her face off! Very disturbing... hope she recovers.
nbalinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Props to the chimp for having to live how he does. He just wanted some xanax and a police cruiser.

This is nothing compared to the last domestic attack where, limbs were ripped off and testicles.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
chipmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: dingleberry lane
Posts: 7,398
Default

I feel very sorry for the Woman who was attacked (who was a best friend of the owner), the Chimp and the chimp's owner.

Ultimately I feel the worst for the Chimp, who really did nothing wrong. What a tragic story - very sad.

My Grandad always told me, not to mess with Mother Nature. A Prime example.
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
I feel very sorry for the Woman who was attacked (who was a best friend of the owner), the Chimp and the chimp's owner.

Ultimately I feel the worst for the Chimp, who really did nothing wrong. What a tragic story - very sad.

My Grandad always told me, not to mess with Mother Nature. A Prime example.
How did the chimp not do anything wrong? He ripped the lady's face off...But to me what is the wierdest thing is WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE ALLOWED TO HAVE ANIMALS THAT CAN KILL YOU...Makes no sense at all to me...
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default Don't let my G/F see this!!!!

I would have beat that Chimp down!!!! What the hell is 70 year old lady doing with a 200+ lb chimp as a pet??????

There is nothing I hate seeing more than people(not necessarily old people) that can't control their animals!!!! I've got people in my apartment complex that have huge dogs that let them pull them around. Thats ridiculous IMO!!!

If I walk my dogs and someone with a huge dog that can't control their dog and it gets loose and comes after my dogs, the first thing I'm going to do is grab that dog by the collar and toss them over the nearest wall or fence without thinking twice about it.
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I would have beat that Chimp down!!!! What the hell is 70 year old lady doing with a 200+ lb chimp as a pet??????

There is nothing I hate seeing more than people(not necessarily old people) that can't control their animals!!!! I've got people in my apartment complex that have huge dogs that let them pull them around. Thats ridiculous IMO!!!

If I walk my dogs and someone with a huge dog that can't control their dog and it gets loose and comes after my dogs, the first thing I'm going to do is grab that dog by the collar and toss them over the nearest wall or fence without thinking twice about it.
monkeys are like 20X stronger than a full grown men, but i agree why the hell do people have large animals that you can't control in their houses like this? i think it should be limited to dogs, cats and smaller animals that you can just pick up to make them mind.
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
chipmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: dingleberry lane
Posts: 7,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
How did the chimp not do anything wrong? He ripped the lady's face off...But to me what is the wierdest thing is WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE ALLOWED TO HAVE ANIMALS THAT CAN KILL YOU...Makes no sense at all to me...

Because the chimp was just doing what it knew how to do: BE A WILD ANIMAL. Just because it was raised from 3 weeks, does not mean #@#@#@#@. It was/is and always will be an UNDOMESTICATED WILD ANIMAL.

Sigfried and Roy are another example. LEAVE THE EFFING WILD ANIMALS ALONE PEOPLE! That wasn't the Tiger's fault either.

Last edited by chipmaster; 02-19-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Language
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Because the chimp was just doing what it knew how to do: BE A WILD ANIMAL. Just because it was raised from 3 weeks, does not mean #@#@#@#@. It was/is and always will be an UNDOMESTICATED WILD ANIMAL.

Sigfried and Roy are another example. LEAVE THE EFFING WILD ANIMALS ALONE PEOPLE! That wasn't the Tiger's fault either.
I know but you'd think that if it were that wild why the hell would people buy an animal like that? I do see your point though...Just blows me away why people are dumb enough to buy animals like these, especially tiger cubs, it's like they don't realize it's gunna grow up...
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Because people will try and train anything. Let animals be animals, no matter how domesticated they become they are still animals. Me and my fiance go these animals called Degus, small rodent type animals. She asked the guy if they bite? and the guy said "ALL ANIMALS CAN BITE"

Always remember that when around animals.

I love animals, have been a member of the local zoo for years and go often. I don't condone people owning wild animals but also don't mind it. A local guy around me has bears, lions, tigers, wolves, jaguars, cougars. His tigers were used in the movie Gladiator. It's neat to visit but kinda scary.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Alerama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada, BC .
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbalinks View Post
Ripped her face off! Very disturbing... hope she recovers.
Hope she recovers?! I think she is dead!
Alerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerama View Post
Hope she recovers?! I think she is dead!
she did die i think...
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
jjhasmadskillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 755
Default

The freakin chimp was a Mets fan for crying out loud, no wonder he went ape......sorry. He ate filet mignon and only drank from a stemmed wine glass? WHAT? I want to move in now that the chimps out. I'm still eatin McDonalds and drinking soda through a straw
jjhasmadskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
she did die i think...
According to the news she's not dead yet. In intensive care and is having multiple doctors work on her hands and face. Charla Nash, the lady who recently had her face torn off by Travis the chimpanzee, might go under the knife to receive a fresh one.

Nash was transferred recently to a clinic in Cleveland that just two months ago performed the nation's first successful face transplant. A spokeswoman couldn't comment on whether a new face was actually in the works, but she did say that Nash was being seen by many specialists, including head and neck experts.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
derek55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 424
Default

Looks like we got the makings of a script for "Face-Off 2".

In the words of Patton Oswalt: "Wackity-Shmackity-Doo!!!"
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,177
Default

What exactly is a "face transplant". It's surely not someone else's face put on yours. (I'm talking about the one that happened in real life, not the one in the movie with Travolta and Cage).
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Alerama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada, BC .
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
According to the news she's not dead yet. In intensive care and is having multiple doctors work on her hands and face. Charla Nash, the lady who recently had her face torn off by Travis the chimpanzee, might go under the knife to receive a fresh one.

Nash was transferred recently to a clinic in Cleveland that just two months ago performed the nation's first successful face transplant. A spokeswoman couldn't comment on whether a new face was actually in the works, but she did say that Nash was being seen by many specialists, including head and neck experts.
Oh! In that case I will pray for her and hope that she can recover.
Alerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerama View Post
Oh! In that case I will pray for her and hope that she can recover.
No kidding, it's going to be a long recovery from these injuries.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.