Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

View Poll Results: Should NFL give Signing Bonuses to Rookies who complete Handgun safety classes?
Yes 3 21.43%
No 5 35.71%
This poll is we todd it 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Should a NFL Rookie get a bonus if..??

I was bored tonight and thought this would be a great way to waste a little time. A new useless poll.

I think it shows a certain maturity to go through the training classes and helps the rookie understand the basic workings of a firearm, as well as the safety involved in cleaning and storing of a firearm. I would think the NFL would reward this behavior with a small signing bonus. Just think of all the situations i.e. Plaxico Burress, that could have been prevented with such a class.

What say you?

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 04-06-2009 at 11:12 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

No way. Just because your old enough to own a firearm doesnt mean your smart enough to own it. if you own one, you darn well better know how to use it. They are not toys, they are weapons. If you carried why you'd have one in the chamber is beyond me. its not that hard to slide the action back while your pulling it out. Not to mention a hand gun does have a safety!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

They wouldn't need a gun if they would hire body guards like my man Tom Brady
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Report: Gunfire erupts at 2nd Brady-Gisele wedding

Last edited by papajim; 04-07-2009 at 12:31 AM.
papajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
No way. Just because your old enough to own a firearm doesnt mean your smart enough to own it. if you own one, you darn well better know how to use it. They are not toys, they are weapons. If you carried why you'd have one in the chamber is beyond me. its not that hard to slide the action back while your pulling it out. Not to mention a hand gun does have a safety!

You obviously never have been in a situation that required the use of a firearm in defense of yourself or another.

Every milisecond counts - and when you are under pressure, things go wrong. There is no time to disable a safety, or rack the slide on a semi-auto when the SHTF.

When you are put into a situation where someone is intending to inflict severe bodily harm or death on you, your entire thought process swims in adrenaline. You shake uncontrollably, your mouth goes dry, your spine tingles - and you grab for your gun (if you have one and are able and prepared to actually pull it out and use it) or you run.

If your gun has no chambered round - that extra 1/4 second, just got you killed.

When your life is at stake, there is absolutely no reason to screw around with miliseconds. The marine corps, army, local police depts, and even private security companies teach you to always get the shot off first (no matter if it hits the target or not). The reason? The first shot is enough to send the enemy into disarray causing them to be at a disadvantage to you.

So yes, it does matter - and why you would be perplexed by carrying one in the chamber is sheer idiocy. We are not carrying the gun to hunt or to use as a portable noisemaker. We are carrying it to protect ourselves in the moment when it counts.

so back on topic about the poll...I think a bonus given to NFL rookies who complete a firearms safety course is moronic - how does that have anything to do with football? Now, if you said - NFL rookies who displayed proficiency in keeping, maintaining, and using a firearm with proper legal measure would be rewarded with lower life insurance rates and concealed wep permits (as we all can) then i'd say go for it.

Last edited by biodole; 04-07-2009 at 02:17 AM.
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote