Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

The daily show ripped fox and called them the new hippy station, Cnn is the new Fox.

Then john stewart called MSNBC the new daily show because all MSNBC did was talk about how the republicans and fox were teabagging each other
fm8418 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
The daily show ripped fox and called them the new hippy station, Cnn is the new Fox.

Then john stewart called MSNBC the new daily show because all MSNBC did was talk about how the republicans and fox were teabagging each other
I don't think anyone likes MSNBC...
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
I don't think anyone likes MSNBC...
Well that's what their ratings would lead you to believe.

People are fed up, period. Doesn't matter who's in office now. It's not about the presidency. Those who don't get it, don't understand it period, so I wouldn't listen to people like John Stewart, Janeane Garrafalope or any PMSNBC Puppet.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Well that's what their ratings would lead you to believe.

People are fed up, period. Doesn't matter who's in office now. It's not about the presidency. Those who don't get it, don't understand it period, so I wouldn't listen to people like John Stewart, Janeane Garrafalope or any PMSNBC Puppet.
Agree with you. You have read and watch a little bit of everything to get a true picture of what's out there. Each network has it's own agenda. You can't trust any of them. And don't even get me started about Janeane. She acutally stated that "Democrats are inherently better people". I used to think she was funny but know I can't watch her.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #30 (permalink)

you thought Janeane was funny before? That's a big problem there, she's always been unfunny and very loud mouthed about subjects she should just shut up about.

Also who listens to people like John Stewart, everyone knows it's a spoof? To even use him in a argument against anyone is crazy.

To say it's not at all about the presidency is not 100% correct though as obviously many people were out there rallying against Obama which is to be expected, if it was put on by the people then they have a say to what it's about.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Where were these people 4 years ago? Peaceful political protest is good and very American so although I do not agree with the politics behind the tea party I support the effort - if that makes sense. What worries me about things like these though is the people behind the scenes doing the organizing like Dick Armey and the countless other Lobbyists. These are the same clowns that said NOTHING while the surplus disappeared and the government grew at a record rate when it was profitable for them.

I think 4 years ago all these people were saying how unpatriotic it is for Americans to not stand behind their president and how this motivates the terrorist.

BTW... Stop listening to these idiots on the radio at work and in your car. Read papers and several stories base an opinion and be informed, write your representatives.

This will help your blood pressure and your over all out look on things besides you could be listening to great songs by FLO-RIDA

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker

Last edited by Bigblue; 04-17-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
you thought Janeane was funny before? That's a big problem there, she's always been unfunny and very loud mouthed about subjects she should just shut up about.

Also who listens to people like John Stewart, everyone knows it's a spoof? To even use him in a argument against anyone is crazy.

To say it's not at all about the presidency is not 100% correct though as obviously many people were out there rallying against Obama which is to be expected, if it was put on by the people then they have a say to what it's about.

Yes, I thought Janeane was funny and that must be your problem because I don't don't have one. And yes people do listen to John Stewart because he's on TV. It's sad to say that but for some reason people listen to individuals on TV and take it as gospel. Also people read internet blogs and are swayed into thinking that way as well. It's called being narrow minded.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
I think 4 years ago all these people were saying how unpatriotic it is for Americans to not stand behind their president and how this motivates the terrorist.

BTW... Stop listening to these idiots on the radio at work and in your car. Read papers and several stories base an opinion and be informed, write your representatives.

This will help your blood pressure and your over all out look on things besides you could be listening to great songs by FLO-RIDA
Exactly. I listen to the radio but you have to be well rounded in order to establish a real educated thought. Not just follow one guy or group.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post

4 years ago we were still in the shadow of 9-11 and I resented the idea that it was unpatriotic to question the war. The psycho spending didn't really start until last year with TARP 1, and I was against that.

Rick Santelli's rant was the spark that lit this keg of dynamite, the dynamite has been there for a while, they just needed a kick in the ass to get going.

I can tell you that there were a ton of Democrats like me (blue dogs) at the rally. It was not about Obama. Obama is not the problem, he is going to sign whatever Congress puts in front of him, and Obama does not have to run again for a few years.

The idea was to put pressure on local Congressmen and women who will be running in 2010, and to remind them that we will not forget how they voted on these things and we will be watching how they vote in the future. The days of the automatic incumbent win are over.

As for me, I'm thinking about running in my district for state house against the local representative and she's a pro-choice republican who is a fiscal nightmare. I'm a pro-choice Democrat who is a fiscal conservative. I'd like to see how CNN and Fox News handled that one. Thankfully its not a national election, I'm worried about my state, we can't control what the fed does but we can certainly ensure that Eddie Rendell has the support he needs to keep taking Pennsylvania in the right direction both fiscally and policy wise.

Also, I'm very suspicious of any politician who was at the rally. I was just KD, not KD running for house.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
4 years ago we were still in the shadow of 9-11 and I resented the idea that it was unpatriotic to question the war. The psycho spending didn't really start until last year with TARP 1, and I was against that.

Rick Santelli's rant was the spark that lit this keg of dynamite, the dynamite has been there for a while, they just needed a kick in the ass to get going.

I can tell you that there were a ton of Democrats like me (blue dogs) at the rally. It was not about Obama. Obama is not the problem, he is going to sign whatever Congress puts in front of him, and Obama does not have to run again for a few years.

The idea was to put pressure on local Congressmen and women who will be running in 2010, and to remind them that we will not forget how they voted on these things and we will be watching how they vote in the future. The days of the automatic incumbent win are over.

As for me, I'm thinking about running in my district for state house against the local representative and she's a pro-choice republican who is a fiscal nightmare. I'm a pro-choice Democrat who is a fiscal conservative. I'd like to see how CNN and Fox News handled that one. Thankfully its not a national election, I'm worried about my state, we can't control what the fed does but we can certainly ensure that Eddie Rendell has the support he needs to keep taking Pennsylvania in the right direction both fiscally and policy wise.

Also, I'm very suspicious of any politician who was at the rally. I was just KD, not KD running for house.
Good luck to you and your political career. Agree that everyone should have the right to question all and everything about what their government is doing on the behalf the citizens that voted them in. Or what I fight for is totally a waste of time. The problem I do have is that people protest, question, and debate without looking at more than one argument. Like most have said they pick one Comedy Central guy or HBO Series and base thier political views from it. I'm sure you can agree that in today's America some people are always "What have you done for me lately". And not what have you done for the Country lately attitude. I have come to a belief (Through travels) that sometimes I may not get what I want but it's in the best interest of the Country and all it people as a whole. I just think it's sad that most Americans don't and won't ever feel that way. Again good luck.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

Maybe the psycho spending did not start until TARP but the fact is the principles of a real fiscal conservative have been under attack for many years.
"Between 2001 & 2004 U.S. federal spending increased by a massive 28.8% (19.7% in real dollars)—with non-defense discretionary growth of 35.7% (25.3% in real dollars)—the highest rate of federal government growth since the presidencies of Richard Nixon and Lyndon Johnson"

Those who were outraged then have my respect in the conversation but I'm fairly leary of those who act like this is a new phenomenon. Maybe not all, but many of those voices have alternate agenda's. And again any movement which is being pushed so heavily by someone like Dick Armey has an opportunity to be exploited.

I think the movement has the opportunity to be a good & important one but I think at some point the Republican party will try to use it for their own purposes seeing as they are struggling in a real "grassroots" effort. Hopefully people will see through this and realize most (not all) of those Republicans are also part of the problem.

Personally I'm waiting a bit longer before I make any judgment. Let's see how the economy recovers and what type of growth is spurred. I don't get worked up about non-binding budgets and budget projections (which are historically inaccurate by HUGE amounts). A higher health care premium or higher taxes is all the same to me - money out of my pocket. The biggest thing I would like to see right now is good debate and compromise between the two parties on these issues - generally that is when we are at our best. Unfortunately there is way too much old blood in Washington.

Last edited by pac213up; 04-18-2009 at 10:12 AM.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
I think the movement has the opportunity to be a good & important one but I think at some point the Republican party will try to use it for their own purposes seeing as they are struggling in a real "grassroots" effort.
From what I've heard, they've already tried, but nobody wants them involved. This is not a political platform. This is the people talking, not politicians and I don't think you're going to see people let the politicians take it over. It's not their platform and never will be.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

This is so a political platform. It has been started by the politicians and it will continue. It is just the opposite of the last eight years only it is not celebs doing the bitching it is conservative talk show hosts etc. I cannot believe how this cycle has turned. I can see why people want to be apathetic. No one is right, but the way it teeters back and forth between who is in power and who is not is grating. The spending started way before this administration, where were the Tea Parties in the last eight years. Bush started the stupid bailouts. Why were you not protesting then?

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #39 (permalink)

that's what I was saying earlier, all the people protesting now were the same people against protesting a few years ago.

also this was grassroots yet fox news spent over $500,000 advertising for it.

Last edited by fm8418; 04-18-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
that's what I was saying earlier, all the people protesting now were the same people against protesting a few years ago.

also this was grassroots yet fox news spent over $500,000 advertising for it.

Yeah, prove it. The people who organized it here didn't get a penny from Foxnews. 3 million people at 500 rallies across the country is news, sorry if you don't recognize reporting anymore.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 04-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe the psycho spending did not start until TARP but the fact is the principles of a real fiscal conservative have been under attack for many years.
"Between 2001 & 2004 U.S. federal spending increased by a massive 28.8% (19.7% in real dollars)—with non-defense discretionary growth of 35.7% (25.3% in real dollars)—the highest rate of federal government growth since the presidencies of Richard Nixon and Lyndon Johnson"
GW Bush was a nightmare for fiscal conservatives. For those who are waking up now, welcome to the party.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, prove it. The people who organized it here didn't get a penny from Foxnews. 3 million people at 500 rallies across the country is news, sorry if you don't recognize reporting anymore.
I am just reinterating what I read from a person

Quote:
So how do you maintain that the tea parties were a "somewhat spontaneous" event when they received over $500,000 in advertising and publicity by FOX News Channel? How in your mind does populist outcry equal heavy advertising from a multimedia news conglomerate? Because, and I could be wrong here, that seems like the exact opposite of a grassroots campaign.
now I don't know if this site has an agenda

Media Matters - On the house: Fox aired 107 ads for its coverage of tea party protests over 10 days

Summary: From April 6 to April 15, Fox News aired at least 107 commercial promotions for their coverage of the April 15 tea parties. The majority of all the ads -- 58 -- ran on April 14 and 15.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #43 (permalink)

Also these Tea Parties have been planned well in advance, atleast the idea. Maybe not all the local events but the main idea was planned well in advance. The web domain Chicago Tea Party was registered in Aug of 08 and the idea of the tea parties was thrown around by Rick Santelli months ago.

the problem with these rallies is not the left or right. It's the sheer number of people who attend that have no idea what's going on.

Last edited by fm8418; 04-18-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
the problem with these rallies is not the left or right. It's the sheer number of people who attend that have no idea what's going on.
And you base this opinion on what scientific data?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #45 (permalink)

I love how both sides are the same way. They do not recognize that unless they get into the middle nothing will work or change. Both sides have alienated too many for this to work. Ignoring the fact that people are dissuaded by most of this crap is not a good thing.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I am just reinterating what I read from a person
Yeah, what person?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #47 (permalink)

It's called common sense data.

The people who make those signs are just some of them, the people who go to these rallies and then b*tch about whatever they want.

I like this guy who tries to say this situation came from Bush then the reaction YouTube - Pensacola Tea Party 4-15-09

Last edited by fm8418; 04-18-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
It's called common sense data.
If you want to think that fine, but I find it baseless. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's a pretty general thing to say with no real foundation. IMHO.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
If you want to think that fine, but I find it baseless. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's a pretty general thing to say with no real foundation. IMHO.
So you think all the negative media attention being drawn by the people showing up with signs that hate Obama are baseless? The signs spewing racial hate? Or the ones talking about religion that have no history about religion.

I'm pretty sure these are the people marring the parties. This is just a small section of the parties though, but it's what shines thru to the media. Rallies do no good if you're just preaching to only your own people.

I bet the Tea Companies made a fortune the past week.

Last edited by fm8418; 04-18-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I bet the Tea Companies made a fortune the past week.

LOL.. on that we can agree.