Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tea Party 4/15

Anyone going to one of these?
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default ...

Just had one with my 6yr old daughter.

Oh, you mean the tax protest guys... yeah, that's gonna work

Best Always,
Vinny
PS: I'm an 8:30 to 3er and I like it fine
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm thinking of going to the one in Indy. Thomas Paine is gonna be speaking here and Fox News will be covering the speech at 6pm ish. Look for me, I'll be the guy in the Bengals shirt.

Come to think of it, Taxation with Representation ain't so great either!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Anytime there is a public tea baggin...count me in
jstapleton71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Anyone going to one of these?
can we over throw OBAMMY????
ronlabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Nope, think this stuff is big waste of time and money, which is part of what it's about right?
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Nope, think this stuff is big waste of time and money, which is part of what it's about right?
it's only a waste of time and money if you don't participate
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

I agree, these tea parties are not going to change anything, at least not immediately. What they will accomplish is a show of force as well as the ability to network with like minded people and for some realize you're not alone.

It's nice to see because these are grassroots events, not funded by a rich guy like the left does with George Soros. Ultimately, when it's grassroots and spontaneous like this, it will eventually be more effective than any movement money can buy because it's real and not manufactured.

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 04-11-2009 at 11:13 PM.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

When I was in the Philippines the masses got together and no work, no fights, no guns just sat in the streets. So many did it, a$$hole Marcos had to give up and leave

The majority does rule but only if the majority get together, here in the U.S. I don't think it would happen.
papajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post
When I was in the Philippines the masses got together and no work, no fights, no guns just sat in the streets. So many did it, a$$hole Marcos had to give up and leave

The majority does rule but only if the majority get together, here in the U.S. I don't think it would happen.

Agree with you. The sad part is that most Americans don't care. They just want something free or a handout and really don't want to participate. It's called the "Declaration of Independence" Not the "Declaration of Dependence". It's to bad.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

so how did these go? If it was supported by Glen Beck Im sure it went great,

YouTube - Glenn Beck is a Cry Baby com Extended

I just find the use of teabagging funny in this clip

YouTube - Schuster: If You're Planning Tea Bagging Across The Country, 'You're Going To Need A Dick Armey'
YouTube - The Rachel Maddow Show: Insani-Tea: Conservatives Rally Around "Teabagging"

I could careless what either side does, I just think these are funny, even though I can't stand these news hosts

I also love the fake protesters who are out there for fun, then there's the crazy people with real posters

The republicans need to become more diverse and hide these people if they want control back.

nsfw picture: DONT GO TO THE WEBSITE IN THE PICTURE UNLESS YOU LIKE GAY OLD MEN
Attached Thumbnails
Tea Party 4/15-cimg0681.jpg  

Last edited by fm8418; 04-16-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
so how did these go? If it was supported by Glen Beck Im sure it went great

Glenn Beck, as well as other non-agenda supporting liberal news networks covered the event, but didn't sponsor it. The people of America sponsored it. This wasn't a George Soros sponsored event like the left is used to. It was a real movement organized and supported by people who care about their country.

I've listened to Glenn Beck on and off for years, he does cry a lot. It's odd to see/hear, but he's just an emotional guy at times. America isn't used to that unless we're crying over some left wing agenda item, i.e. a Black Woman winning an Oscar or a gay marriage, etc..

This photo is an instant classic. Ren Hoek would be proud.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

except that Glenn beck crying was so fake, and he used tragedy to promote his website.

All sides have crazy protesters, protests just bring out the insane ones. It's too bad half of them couldn't just stick to the topic of the tea parties.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post

I was there! That was a good day.

Low-End Kobe and Kevin Durant autos.
Topps Signature Autographs that I don't have (CP3, Dennis Rodman, Ray Allen, Eric Gordon, Russel Westbrook)
deuxmachinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
except that Glenn beck crying was so fake, and he used tragedy to promote his website..
How is it fake? he may be a pussy, but I don't think he's faking it. He doesn't need to cry for his stellar ratings.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

maybe because he goes from crying one second to promoting his website the next, most people see it as fake unless they support him. Or how it looks worse than a soap opera show.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

I cannot see how anyone can listen to Glenn Beck for over 3 seconds. The guy is a baby and wrong most of the time. I hate it when I get into my car and his show is on.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
How is it fake? he may be a pussy, but I don't think he's faking it. He doesn't need to cry for his stellar ratings.
Agree he is a pussy and I don't think he's faking. But don't you think it's funny that a person crying over for the love his country sounds weird? Only in America can that happen. In other countries they will fight to the death to protect their country and way of life. Not in America. We just whine about it and make fun others about caring. Let me leave you with this thought. If you really don't care about your Country then why would post pictures of people who do care and then make fun them?

Last edited by Semper_PatsFan; 04-16-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

For the record, there weren't any signs like that in A-Town
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper_PatsFan View Post
Agree he is a pussy and I don't think he's faking. But don't you think it's funny that a person crying over for the love his country sounds weird? Only in America can that happen. In other countries they will fight to the death to protect their country and way of life. Not in America. We just whine about it and make fun others about caring. Let me leave you with this thought. If you really don't care about your Country then why would post pictures of people who do care and then make fun them?
who said anything about not caring about your country, if the people who make half those ridiculous signs are the ones that truly care then we have problems. Those signs are funny because the whole point of the rallies was about the taxes right but it seemed to give people an excuse to go off on every other Tangent about this Presidency.

Yeah it is weird when you're crying for ratings and to draw attention for your movement. I showed my fiance the crying and she was like "wow he got over that quickly" "thats that fakest crying I've ever seen". i also have another forum which Something Awful: The Internet Makes You Stupid the most level headed people in the world. They all think his crying was horribly fake.

Last edited by fm8418; 04-16-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
who said anything about not caring about your country, if the people who make half those ridiculous signs are the ones that truly care then we have problems. Those signs are funny because the whole point of the rallies was about the taxes right but it seemed to give people an excuse to go off on every other Tangent about this Presidency.

Yeah it is weird when you're crying for ratings and to draw attention for your movement. I showed my fiance the crying and she was like "wow he got over that quickly" "thats that fakest crying I've ever seen". i also have another forum which Something Awful: The Internet Makes You Stupid the most level headed people in the world. They all think his crying was horribly fake.
Sorry, I don't base my beliefs on what other people say, do or write. And to clarify the rallies weren't to just about taxes. They were about the current growth of the Federal Government and how the Government is spending our money with leads to higher taxes. And it wasn't just directed towards the current President. It's overall.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
For the record, there weren't any signs like that in A-Town
I agree, they were signs with points, not idiots looking for attention.
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #23 (permalink)

Where were these people 4 years ago? Peaceful political protest is good and very American so although I do not agree with the politics behind the tea party I support the effort - if that makes sense. What worries me about things like these though is the people behind the scenes doing the organizing like Dick Armey and the countless other Lobbyists. These are the same clowns that said NOTHING while the surplus disappeared and the government grew at a record rate when it was profitable for them.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #24 (permalink)

I like how on the daily show they showed all the Fox people being mad in the past at demonstrators and now their all for it.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I like how on the daily show they showed all the Fox people being mad in the past at demonstrators and now their all for it.
I'm pretty sure CNN is mad about it too, just different groups thinking the other is wrong...and they won't ever touch the middle, that's the problem.
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote