Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Amazon.com card

Does anyone have one of thier cards? Had any problems with them?
I am thinking about getting a Bro.QL-570 thermal printer and I can get $30 cash back if I apply for the Amazon card. Printer is $62. with 2 day shipping minus the $30 =$32..
I know the interest his very high but I would never have a balance, just want the $30..
Hate reading the if ands and buts of "I accept these terms" page.
Thanks
papajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

$30 back for a credit card is not that much back. And if you just pay off all of the money you won't have to pay off those interest rates. I got my newest CC last year, got 10,000 points to sign up for it, equals $100.

My friend got a Sony card, he got a PS3 for like $150 or $200 so you should be able to get $100 from a credit card offer somewhere, wouldn't waste it here.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
$30 back for a credit card is not that much back. And if you just pay off all of the money you won't have to pay off those interest rates. I got my newest CC last year, got 10,000 points to sign up for it, equals $100.

My friend got a Sony card, he got a PS3 for like $150 or $200 so you should be able to get $100 from a credit card offer somewhere, wouldn't waste it here.

This depends on WHERE you buy the product and open the credit card. $30 through amazon is standard, and also a good savings. The best bet is to read the TOS fully, and make sure you are allowed to cancel the card after it is paid off in the first month.

Simply buy the item, pay off the card completely, close the account - done.

Just don't do this too frequently with CC's and purchase incentives. You will beacon your credit too many times and red flag yourself.
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

amazon has decent rewards especially if you shop on it a lot. Interestrates suck though
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Jacob I am not looking for a CC just would get this for the $$ on the printer. I do buy from Amazon every now and then, I would only use the card if there was a deal in it for me. It would would never have an outstanding balance!
Yes, opening and closing accounts is BAD for your credit.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had problems with Amazon using the card.
papajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
This depends on WHERE you buy the product and open the credit card. $30 through amazon is standard, and also a good savings. The best bet is to read the TOS fully, and make sure you are allowed to cancel the card after it is paid off in the first month.

Simply buy the item, pay off the card completely, close the account - done.

Just don't do this too frequently with CC's and purchase incentives. You will beacon your credit too many times and red flag yourself.
Not only will they red flag you, it will kill your credit. Every time you apply for something it hurts your credit same thing when you close the account.