Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Semper_PatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
Default

Wow, we got three threads hitting political nerves. Even though I disagree with a few of the view points it kinda feels good that some people actually care.

Mr Biodole, I agree with most of your view points but what I think what your missing is that the media is feeding the "Bad Government" tactics views. I've been to war recently and have seen things that will amaze you. I've actually had to be cold because we had to give our blankets to the captured. I've had to see a Navy Corpsman give medical care to a guy who just killed one my brother in arms. I've fed hungry children with my limited amount of food without even thinking about it. America is doing good things in the world. Americans just don't see it because the media and networks don't get great ratings with Happy Feel Good Stories.
__________________
Currently Collecting HOF QB's.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Semper_PatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
hahahahaha...anywhere anytime terd!!!

were you born in a hippie commune by two doped out parents who believe they have the right to do and say whatever they want but contribute nothing to society but a piece of SH*T like you. now mind you i'm not saying this is the case i'm just asking nitwit.

ps...war is hell dumb-azz!!! ur just a silly little boy hiding behind a computer where you spew your ignorance because in real life you are a pathetic human being. for your information there are countries for you to live in (france & canada just to name 2) where your moronic views fit in just fine so get your ticket and leave the US. also for your information i strongly believe in torturing al qaeda for information that keeps our country safe. i think the death penalty is the greatest thing in the world and catching a beat down from a cop 9x out of 10 u deserved it.

Ron, Great to see you jump in these threads. Fist First at that.
__________________
Currently Collecting HOF QB's.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,884
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

ron - if you haven't figured it out yet, biodole's intellect is greater than all of ours combined.. so give it up LOL
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Semper_PatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
ron - if you haven't figured it out yet, biodole's intellect is greater than all of ours combined.. so give it up LOL
He's like Voltron. Or Caption Planet (No relation to you of course)
__________________
Currently Collecting HOF QB's.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bayonne NJ
Posts: 449
Default

Oaky, we get posts shut down because of mentioning another web site, maybe spamming ones own items, but the almighty MODS let this foul language filled post go on and on and no one gets banned or spanked????? This should never have been allowed to go more than a few responses, until someone with some authority (?) noticed it and shut it down...... Doesn't belong here at all, even if it is in the anything else thread......
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 10,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
ron - if you haven't figured it out yet, biodole's intellect is greater than all of ours combined.. so give it up LOL
LMAO CBo...i just spent 40 minutes trying to intelligently rebutt what biodole said but decided that i just don't have the intellectual fire power to keep up with him, although i totally disagree with 99.9% of what he said. i guess i'll just stick to kicking ass and taking names we live in the greatest nation and although we should not police the entire world someone has to, and who better then us, North Korea, Iran??? while his arguments were all well written his views are vastly distorted ala michael moore. but i'll concede that he has the one up on me as far as his written arguement so hats off to you biodole. maybe if you had enlisted in the CORPS like you wanted you would have a better appreciation for our country and her views. Gunny i think you know where i'm comming from, well i'm out on this one, gonna see if i can score some more deals on the cards!!!!
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Semper_PatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
Default

I never thought that a bunch of "Card Addicts" could have such strong views of the world. Again. My hats off to all. And yes Ron. I totally understand what you are saying. As Jack Nicholson once said "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way" And yes everyone it's a movie. Just pretend...But I still think it's funny.
__________________
Currently Collecting HOF QB's.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 10,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper_PatsFan View Post
I never thought that a bunch of "Card Addicts" could have such strong views of the world. Again. My hats off to all. And yes Ron. I totally understand what you are saying. As Jack Nicholson once said "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way" And yes everyone it's a movie. Just pretend...But I still think it's funny.
Great movie!!! we need a few code reds on this forum
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,884
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

i approve of torturing people who eat breathe sht and sleep wanting to kill americans.

i guess that makes a freedom hater.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Semper_PatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
Great movie!!! we need a few code reds on this forum
Now that's funny. I don't care who you are.
__________________
Currently Collecting HOF QB's.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 10,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
i approve of torturing people who eat breathe sht and sleep wanting to kill americans.

i guess that makes a freedom hater.
you can be on my team anytime CBO
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Oaky, we get posts shut down because of mentioning another web site, maybe spamming ones own items, but the almighty MODS let this foul language filled post go on and on and no one gets banned or spanked????? This should never have been allowed to go more than a few responses, until someone with some authority (?) noticed it and shut it down...... Doesn't belong here at all, even if it is in the anything else thread......
I guess I don't see enough wrong with this thread that would warrant it to be closed. I think it's good, healthy, intelligent discussion. I'm glad the MODS have let it go.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Semper_PatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I guess I don't see enough wrong with this thread that would warrant it to be closed. I think it's good, healthy, intelligent discussion. I'm glad the MODS have let it go.
Agree with you. I've seen some bad words and some antagonistic talk but it's not "Card Blocking" or anything like that. Just some Americans dicussing their point of views.
__________________
Currently Collecting HOF QB's.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
LMAO CBo...i just spent 40 minutes trying to intelligently rebutt what biodole said but decided that i just don't have the intellectual fire power to keep up with him, although i totally disagree with 99.9% of what he said. i guess i'll just stick to kicking ass and taking names we live in the greatest nation and although we should not police the entire world someone has to, and who better then us, North Korea, Iran??? while his arguments were all well written his views are vastly distorted ala michael moore. but i'll concede that he has the one up on me as far as his written arguement so hats off to you biodole. maybe if you had enlisted in the CORPS like you wanted you would have a better appreciation for our country and her views. Gunny i think you know where i'm comming from, well i'm out on this one, gonna see if i can score some more deals on the cards!!!!

ronlabo...I think you actually would agree with my points in time...because you keep confusing me with a bleeding heart leftist...I HATE MICHAEL MOORE!

You must understand, that because I am not a neo-conservative who affirms his side with policing the world and huge government...does not make me a left-wing psycho who believes we should all hold hands and sing California dreaming while we smoke blunts the size of torpedoes.

I am a libertarian! I believe in liberty, freedom, and justice! I stand for what our founders did! If you think that Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Ben Franklin, etc etc etc. are all insane and bad leaders and had bad ideas for our country....that is your perspective...but they built the great nation we live in today...modern politics has HELD US BACK!

I just want people to be LEFT ALONE by the government...and for war to be fought against enemies ONLY WHEN THEY ATTACK US FIRST.

For all I care, all of Europe and Asia could be burning from a world war...and we should stay the hell out and mass out military and home...let them kill each other...we don't have to spill American blood to save others...that is NOT the American way. It may sound selfish...but in truth it is...I am selfish to preserve the lives of our American Military.

But I shall drop the conversation now as that I have said all I have left to say.
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper_PatsFan View Post
Agree with you. I've seen some bad words and some antagonistic talk but it's not "Card Blocking" or anything like that. Just some Americans dicussing their point of views.
HERE HERE! Agreed 100%
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,193
Default

I'm at a lose here... it's OK with you guys to have someone search you for no reason??

You'd just bend over and say... no to far please with that probe please!

No, you think this guys an idiot starving for attention, I guess.

When they say take the guns away... I see comments like, that's not right, it's in the Constitution but when it's a search, you don't care?

I can't judge this guy and really won't spend time trying to figure any of it out but you guys really should respect the rights you're actually fighting for (like I did). We don't go to war so we can come home and BBQ and shoot guns...no there's a little more to it than that and I'm pretty sure you guys know it.

I think this dude just pisses you guys off for some reason and you'd rather see him get his a$$ kicked instead of stand up for his rights...Why, why why???
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips and Barry Larkin
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
I'm at a lose here... it's OK with you guys to have someone search you for no reason??

You'd just bend over and say... no to far please with that probe please!

No, you think this guys an idiot starving for attention, I guess.

When they say take the guns away... I see comments like, that's not right, it's in the Constitution but when it's a search, you don't care?

I can't judge this guy and really won't spend time trying to figure any of it out but you guys really should respect the rights you're actually fighting for (like I did). We don't go to war so we can come home and BBQ and shoot guns...no there's a little more to it than that and I'm pretty sure you guys know it.

I think this dude just pisses you guys off for some reason and you'd rather see him get his a$$ kicked instead of stand up for his rights...Why, why why???

Glad to see there is someone else on here that is agreeing with me and standing up for our rights and liberties....I was feeling outnumbered by the overwhelming number of people who feel that illegal search and seizure is okay - as well as police brutality and scare tactics. Glad to have you aboard!
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 10,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
I'm at a lose here... it's OK with you guys to have someone search you for no reason??

You'd just bend over and say... no to far please with that probe please!

No, you think this guys an idiot starving for attention, I guess.

When they say take the guns away... I see comments like, that's not right, it's in the Constitution but when it's a search, you don't care?

I can't judge this guy and really won't spend time trying to figure any of it out but you guys really should respect the rights you're actually fighting for (like I did). We don't go to war so we can come home and BBQ and shoot guns...no there's a little more to it than that and I'm pretty sure you guys know it.

I think this dude just pisses you guys off for some reason and you'd rather see him get his a$$ kicked instead of stand up for his rights...Why, why why???
WTF????????
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Texansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Linden CA
Posts: 2,241
Default

Ron just let it go.... there is no argueing with bio..... he knows everything and is the ultimate american. He knows everyones rights, and all are best to follow in his shadow and learn.....

Back to original post, and video....... It was border patrol.... not police brutality and violation of rights..... Border patrol can search ANY vehicle, just as coast guard and Navy can board any vessel......

NO, let me repeat for you bio, NO civil rights were violated....
__________________
http:/www.checkoutmycards.com/users/texansfan
Texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,884
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

Clint - how DARE you tell bio that he's wrong about which rights are being violated.

HE'S STUDYING TO BE A CONSTITUTIONAL LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok. back to being the idiot i am

WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!

CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 10,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
ronlabo...I think you actually would agree with my points in time...because you keep confusing me with a bleeding heart leftist...I HATE MICHAEL MOORE!

You must understand, that because I am not a neo-conservative who affirms his side with policing the world and huge government...does not make me a left-wing psycho who believes we should all hold hands and sing California dreaming while we smoke blunts the size of torpedoes.

I am a libertarian! I believe in liberty, freedom, and justice! I stand for what our founders did! If you think that Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Ben Franklin, etc etc etc. are all insane and bad leaders and had bad ideas for our country....that is your perspective...but they built the great nation we live in today...modern politics has HELD US BACK!

I just want people to be LEFT ALONE by the government...and for war to be fought against enemies ONLY WHEN THEY ATTACK US FIRST.

For all I care, all of Europe and Asia could be burning from a world war...and we should stay the hell out and mass out military and home...let them kill each other...we don't have to spill American blood to save others...that is NOT the American way. It may sound selfish...but in truth it is...I am selfish to preserve the lives of our American Military.

But I shall drop the conversation now as that I have said all I have left to say.
see now i agree with you on something all the aforementioned men were great leaders and visionary thinkers, no doubt about that.

i also agree that the rest of the world could crumble and burn i could care less about them

where i disagree is that in this day and time we (meaning the USA) must be proactive in protecting ourselves not reactive as experienced during 911 no good reacting once were all dead i hope you would at least agree with that

Last edited by ronlabo; 04-18-2009 at 09:56 PM.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Nodie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 5,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan View Post
Ron just let it go.... there is no argueing with bio..... he knows everything and is the ultimate american. He knows everyones rights, and all are best to follow in his shadow and learn.....

Back to original post, and video....... It was border patrol.... not police brutality and violation of rights..... Border patrol can search ANY vehicle, just as coast guard and Navy can board any vessel......

NO, let me repeat for you bio, NO civil rights were violated....
i know what biodole is saying as far as rights being violated and innocent civilians being wrongfully searched....but we have Border Patrol, the Coast Guard and The Navy trained for a reason. If they feel that a vehicle or vessel is suspicious then they should be able to inquire with the owner (or person in charge). If that person gives them reason to search it, they shouldn't have to wait for a warrant. They are trained to make that decision, far more than us, the common civilian (regardless of how smart we are).
In regards to the original topic...there is no way anyone can know what really happened with that guy. I'm sure he was exaggerating on some of the details and omitting some of the facts, but i wasn't there so i don't know.
All i can say is that every time i have been pulled over or stopped due to racial profiling i know the reason the officers give me is most likely bs ("you fit the description...a car just like this...") but i cooporate, answer some questions and i'm on my way. The Pastor seemed a bit self righteous and he was in a way, looking for a confrontation. i dont think he deserved it but it would have been avoided if he would have just co operated.
I know that some are going to say that im the governments (expletive) and that i'm blind but i don't see the big deal in getting searched if you're innocent. The beating i don't agree with but it would have been avoided if the search had taken place
__________________
#Team Connor
Running For Connor - http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/556420-running-connor.html
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,151
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Im glad we have people that Bleed America like Ron and Semper because there's room for everyone.

I also agree we don't need to police the world unless provoked.

When it comes to thing like torturing prisoners of war for our benefit. Im ok with that as long as you're ok with them doing it back to us. I just hope we don't invade places we don't have to be. To them were the enemy, and in our eyes they are the enemy. We see things differently and we both think were right. What if for some strange reason we're wrong and their right? This is why I could never fight unless I had to.

I like to see the opposite side of everything. It pains me to see one of our brave soldiers die in war but at the same time they are killing many of their guys also. It's a brutal world we live in and for now were safe, because of our soldiers.

Onto the whole search thing, I don't really care too much because I have nothing to hide, I wouldn't mind more searching if it caught everyone illegal stuff. I wish drug testing was stronger, I know many people at work who would lose their job.

I liked when comedian Dave Attell gave himself a nickname at airports "random bag check" that's what he called himself because of his skin tone, even though he's not the ethnicity.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 530
Default

This is another great example of the cops pushing it way to far. I mean im all for cops and all taking bad guys off the streets but they thing THEIR above the law. Yes they can do things most cant but most of them are so cocky its unbelievable. I was in Texas with my mom and we get pulled over for speeding, and the cop goes do you know how fast you were going, she replies no. He goes oh wait are you from new york? She replies yes."Well in that case im gunna have to give you a ticket." Turns out she was pulled over for going 2 miles over the limit and agressive driving while cars were blazing down the street as the cops are giving us our ticket. I dont know i seem to be a fan of cops less and less.
dashouls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Chicagofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 103
Default

You honestally can't side one way or another on this story. You don't have enough information.He said that the K-9 showed no indication. How would the Pastor have any idea what the indicator for the K-9 is? And if there was truely an indicator, yes, that would have been enough for a "probable cause". That's the whole missing link, but I do agree that the cops should NOT have treated him with such violence.
__________________
Collecting Bears and Cubs
Chicagofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/25459-if-police-ask-search-yiour-car-without-warrant-just-say-yes.html
Posted By For Type Date
Marine killed by police. This thread Refback 07-29-2011 08:49 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.