Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
WTF????????
ronlabo... second grade called, they want their wit back.
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 10,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
ronlabo... second grade called, they want their wit back.
ohhhh snappy come back twit
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,186
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

this whole thread is full of comedic value, comebacks and name calling
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,193
Default

Yeah, WTF and twit are much better, you're right.

I was hoping to break out some classic Pee-wee Herman repartee, but that would be over your head too.

Search me all ya want but don't take my gun I'm an American darnit!!

All jesting aside ... I do not know Border Patrol law, but this guy wasn't going anywhere and getting a warrant in a situation like this would have been easy enough if Border Patrol had a valid reason.

If Tex is right though and they can do this, which I suspect is the case... then there could have been cooler heads. Show him the law in writing, let him know his right aren't going to be violated, but they are going to enter the car. Simple, logical, and reasonable to treat someone with respect regardless of the attitude or trouble they are personally causing, in this non-stressful or harmless situation.

twit... geeesh, I haven't herd that word since 5th grade. LOL
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

The arguments seem to be winding down...and people have slowed down with their insults towards me (unfortunately =p ) so I'm assuming we have reached a happy median.

I just wanted to say that...as far as where I stand...if someone is LEAVING the country...those border patrol agents had no rights to search him...it didn't matter if he had a nuke in his trunk...WHO CARES? He is LEAVING the U.S.

Now - the whole thing changes when people come INTO the U.S. - if a person (citizen or not) leaves the country and wants to come back - I am 100% agreed (as were our founders) that they should be searched. This is something you willingly accept when you get your passport...and rightfully so!

The point is, citizens on American soil should not be searched illegally (meaning without a warrant).

I'm sure all of you agree with this....if you don't...then I guess Karl Marx might be your grandfather ;-)


anyway - check out the political question vote I put up, hoping to get at least 20 votes before I start the next question tomorrow.

Glad to see everyone getting so intense and riled up over politics...absolutely love having good convos on here =D
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
papajim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,569
Default

I drive through a border check point 5 days a week. Was asked to pull over one time in 5 years.
They asked if they could search my car-
I said, sure why not-
They did-
They said, thank you and have a safe night! no stiches, no problems!
__________________
LOOKING FOR EDDIE ROYAL MAYO RED INK AUTOS
papajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:03 AM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
The arguments seem to be winding down...and people have slowed down with their insults towards me (unfortunately =p ) so I'm assuming we have reached a happy median.

I just wanted to say that...as far as where I stand...if someone is LEAVING the country...those border patrol agents had no rights to search him...it didn't matter if he had a nuke in his trunk...WHO CARES? He is LEAVING the U.S.


The point is, citizens on American soil should not be searched illegally (meaning without a warrant).

I'm sure all of you agree with this....if you don't...then I guess Karl Marx might be your grandfather ;-)


anyway - check out the political question vote I put up, hoping to get at least 20 votes before I start the next question tomorrow.

Glad to see everyone getting so intense and riled up over politics...absolutely love having good convos on here =D
What does it take to make you understand that they can search his vehicle without a warrent! And you say you are okay with someone smuggling out a NUKE You have some serious issues, here is your diploma...


__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:23 AM   #58 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,878
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
The point is, citizens on American soil should not be searched illegally (meaning without a warrant).
so..........what you are saying is........

American citizens should not be searched without a warrant, even if they consent to a search (no warrant)

Officers should be be allowed to perform a plain view search (no warrant)

officers should not be allowed to perform a search of a person when its incident to an arrest (no warrant)

officers should not perform a protective sweep search, for example, if they arrest a suspect while on a domestic violence call, to search for others in the house who could possibly be armed or wanted persons or other people who could cause harm to officers at the scene.. (no warrant)

and......

officers should not be allowed to search when they have probable cause to search? (no warrant)


awesome. and you're learning law?

you are either...

1)a really bad law student
2)someone who hates law enforcement because of your previous experience working for them
3)someone who will end up defending a terrorist in a court of law
4)all of the above.

and i bet you a rise off on the fact that your posts and threads get people's blood boiling huh?

LOL. Freedom Hater.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #59 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
so..........what you are saying is........

American citizens should not be searched without a warrant, even if they consent to a search (no warrant)

Officers should be be allowed to perform a plain view search (no warrant)

officers should not be allowed to perform a search of a person when its incident to an arrest (no warrant)

officers should not perform a protective sweep search, for example, if they arrest a suspect while on a domestic violence call, to search for others in the house who could possibly be armed or wanted persons or other people who could cause harm to officers at the scene.. (no warrant)

and......

officers should not be allowed to search when they have probable cause to search? (no warrant)


awesome. and you're learning law?

you are either...

1)a really bad law student
2)someone who hates law enforcement because of your previous experience working for them
3)someone who will end up defending a terrorist in a court of law
4)all of the above.

and i bet you a rise off on the fact that your posts and threads get people's blood boiling huh?

LOL. Freedom Hater.


wow...you just made yourself sound like a total idiot...lol

please go back and read what I wrote..

I said the only time people are applicable for search and siezure without a warrant is after committing a crime. If an officer arrests someone for committing a crime - that person can and should be searched. However, arresting someone simply in order to search them - should remain illegal.

I really wish before you guys would point fingers and put words in other peoples mouthes that you do a bit of reading first.

My stance is the same...

1. If you commit a crime or have a warrant out for your arrest - you can be searched when arrested, no problem.

2. If you have NOT committed a crime - the police have no right to search you under any circumstances unless of course they have a warrant (or yes, if you give them consent).

How dare you call me a freedom hater...you have no concept of freedom whatsoever. In addition, with your comments about what I am...shows your lack of intelligence as that you have nothing better to do than attempt to defame and libel my character. Personal attacks will get you nowhere.

If you call me a freedom hater...you are calling the founders of your nation freedom haters as well - because we agree on ALL issues - no exceptions.


So now that you understand what I meant about search and seizure, you can either agree with me...or you can disagree and feel that search and seizure is still a good idea without a warrant (or consent) when it happens to someone who has NOT broken the law already....however if that's how you feel...then it is you sir, who hates freedom.
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:47 AM   #60 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
What does it take to make you understand that they can search his vehicle without a warrent! And you say you are okay with someone smuggling out a NUKE You have some serious issues, here is your diploma...

Well i could be an ass...and attack you for your misspelling...or I could stick to the issues at hand which I will.

I know "THEY" can search vehicles without a warrant. However, I am saying that it is fully UNCONSTITUTIONAL and WRONG!!! That is the point.

The nuke thing was obvious hyperbole and used for reaction...not realism. The point is the government has no right to know what is in your vehicle if you are LEAVING the country...only people trying to come in.
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:04 AM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Nodie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 5,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
Well i could be an ass...and attack you for your misspelling...or I could stick to the issues at hand which I will.

I know "THEY" can search vehicles without a warrant. However, I am saying that it is fully UNCONSTITUTIONAL and WRONG!!! That is the point.

The nuke thing was obvious hyperbole and used for reaction...not realism. The point is the government has no right to know what is in your vehicle if you are LEAVING the country...only people trying to come in.
biodole you have plenty of typos yourself so remember even YOU aren't perfect
__________________
#Team Connor
Running For Connor - http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/556420-running-connor.html
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Semper_PatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Im glad we have people that Bleed America like Ron and Semper because there's room for everyone.

I also agree we don't need to police the world unless provoked.

When it comes to thing like torturing prisoners of war for our benefit. Im ok with that as long as you're ok with them doing it back to us. I just hope we don't invade places we don't have to be. To them were the enemy, and in our eyes they are the enemy. We see things differently and we both think were right. What if for some strange reason we're wrong and their right? This is why I could never fight unless I had to.

I like to see the opposite side of everything. It pains me to see one of our brave soldiers die in war but at the same time they are killing many of their guys also. It's a brutal world we live in and for now were safe, because of our soldiers.

Onto the whole search thing, I don't really care too much because I have nothing to hide, I wouldn't mind more searching if it caught everyone illegal stuff. I wish drug testing was stronger, I know many people at work who would lose their job.

I liked when comedian Dave Attell gave himself a nickname at airports "random bag check" that's what he called himself because of his skin tone, even though he's not the ethnicity.

I have no clue what you mean there but I guess You're welcome.
__________________
Currently Collecting HOF QB's.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
My stance is the same...

1. If you commit a crime or have a warrant out for your arrest - you can be searched when arrested, no problem.

2. If you have NOT committed a crime - the police have no right to search you under any circumstances unless of course they have a warrant (or yes, if you give them consent).
Biodole,

Again, I understand what you're saying, but I cannot wholeheartedly agree.

Everyone is innocent of NOT committing a crime until in fact they commit their first crime. Often that first crime is devastating to other people and can cost them their lives. I see very little wrong with trying to be proactive and not reactive in most situations by trying to stop some of those "first offenses". What is so bad about having your car searched if you're guilty of nothing? I know it's your right to keep private, but still, if it saves even 1 life, why isn't it worth it as long as the cops "never" go overboard, which I know is probably asking the impossible?
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Dobber2330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 2,395
Default

This thread stinks of WHarry / Rabbit so bad its not even funny
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 10,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
biodole you have plenty of typos yourself so remember even YOU aren't perfect
yes he is he's perfectly the reason why great american men and women shed their blood for this country so tools like him have the freedom to be TWITShahaha!

Last edited by ronlabo; 04-19-2009 at 10:22 AM.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 10,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
What does it take to make you understand that they can search his vehicle without a warrent! And you say you are okay with someone smuggling out a NUKE You have some serious issues, here is your diploma...


Great post where did you get that diploma

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
so..........what you are saying is........

American citizens should not be searched without a warrant, even if they consent to a search (no warrant)

Officers should be be allowed to perform a plain view search (no warrant)

officers should not be allowed to perform a search of a person when its incident to an arrest (no warrant)

officers should not perform a protective sweep search, for example, if they arrest a suspect while on a domestic violence call, to search for others in the house who could possibly be armed or wanted persons or other people who could cause harm to officers at the scene.. (no warrant)

and......

officers should not be allowed to search when they have probable cause to search? (no warrant)


awesome. and you're learning law?

you are either...

1)a really bad law student
2)someone who hates law enforcement because of your previous experience working for them
3)someone who will end up defending a terrorist in a court of law
4)all of the above.

and i bet you a rise off on the fact that your posts and threads get people's blood boiling huh?

LOL. Freedom Hater.
CBo i like you more and more everyday
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
This thread stinks of WHarry / Rabbit so bad its not even funny
LOL, I hadn't even thought of that. Rabbit use to call names and be a bit more insulting though. Has he grown up a little?
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,450
Default

This is not a Rabbit post. This has things going back and forth. Biodole might be a tool, but his beliefs seem to be grounded in something. Rabbit was just trying to get people pissed. Which he usually accomplished. Not even close on this thread.
__________________
Check Out My Cards ID = fungi2510

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #69 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Biodole,

Again, I understand what you're saying, but I cannot wholeheartedly agree.

Everyone is innocent of NOT committing a crime until in fact they commit their first crime. Often that first crime is devastating to other people and can cost them their lives. I see very little wrong with trying to be proactive and not reactive in most situations by trying to stop some of those "first offenses". What is so bad about having your car searched if you're guilty of nothing? I know it's your right to keep private, but still, if it saves even 1 life, why isn't it worth it as long as the cops "never" go overboard, which I know is probably asking the impossible?
Because it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, UNETHICAL, and leads to FURTHER government invasion!! Our founders wanted privacy, freedom, and liberty. These same excuses have been used by totalitarian regimes in the past. "If you have nothing to hide, don't be worried."

The idea is, I wish the government truly did have our back and love us and want the best for us....but to believe this is foolish. Therefore, giving them any type of power that abuses our right to freedom, liberty, privacy, life, and existence - will result further and further down the rabbit hole of fascism.
biodole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,878
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

biodole are you sure you aren't a right wing extremist?
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
Because it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, UNETHICAL, and leads to FURTHER government invasion!! Our founders wanted privacy, freedom, and liberty. These same excuses have been used by totalitarian regimes in the past. "If you have nothing to hide, don't be worried."

The idea is, I wish the government truly did have our back and love us and want the best for us....but to believe this is foolish. Therefore, giving them any type of power that abuses our right to freedom, liberty, privacy, life, and existence - will result further and further down the rabbit hole of fascism.
Again, I disagree. What you state that you say "WILL" happen is more foolish than what I'm saying. You don't "know" it will happen. You are assuming. Just because it happened in the past in other parts of the planet does not mean it will happen here. It might mean it's more likely, but not an absolute fact.

Saving lives if done correctly and with the approval of the majority is better than the alternative. I'm starting to think you have something to hide. You speak of freedom, but why not let them spend 2 minutes searching your car for the safety of all? I'm really getting tired of hearing your freedom speech. The safety of my children is more important to me than your belief in freedom.

It's quite evident you and I will continue to disagree. I'm not going to try and sway your beliefs. You're only wasting your time if you try to sway mine. The government can search my car all they want for the safety of my children without me worrying about it leading to my slavery. Slavery is the opposite of freedom after all, and I don't think my government is going to take away my freedom.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I don't think my government is going to take away my freedom.
They already are and have been for years. Most people don't realize it though. It's called the Boiling Frog method.

For those of you who are not aware of this theory, If you were going to boil a frog alive, you wouldn't want to throw him into the boiling pan of water. He would instantly recognize the hot water and fact he was going to be dead soon and hop right out, so what you would do is put him into a pan of room temperature water, something more comfortable so that he doesn't mind it, pays no attention to it, as you slowly turn up the heat and before he knows it, he's boiled alive.

They're doing the same thing with our liberties. Slowly eroding them away, most people don't see it, or can't see it, or refuse to recognize it.

I don't know that there's anything we can really do about it. I can't predict the future, but I can definitely see our rights being taken away for the "greater cause"..


I think George Liquor said it best when he said - "We're becoming a nation of wimps".

If you really want to see where we're headed, read the book 1984. It was right in so many ways and really served more as a warning that anything else.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 04-19-2009 at 05:41 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,175
Default

I agree to an extent Indy. I just can't group car searches in with everything else in these terroristic times we are living in. The war was brought to us on our soil via air. I think the next problem we face will be very different and could very well involve vehicles.

I will remain happy they want to search cars. Even when they search mine because I have nothing to hide.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,186
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I agree to an extent Indy. I just can't group car searches in with everything else in these terroristic times we are living in. The war was brought to us on our soil via air. I think the next problem we face will be very different and could very well involve vehicles.

I will remain happy they want to search cars. Even when they search mine because I have nothing to hide.
Maybe we should keep gas prices up so terrorists can't afford to drive!
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Maybe we should keep gas prices up so terrorists can't afford to drive!
Actually the opposite result might surface...only the terrorists will be able to afford to drive.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/25459-if-police-ask-search-yiour-car-without-warrant-just-say-yes.html
Posted By For Type Date
Marine killed by police. This thread Refback 07-29-2011 08:49 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.