Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Warnings will be issued for reported namecalling/offensive posts. Please heed the warnings or in essence you will be choosing to take a vacation.
Thanks for posting the warning Tony. I hope biodole and everyone else gets the hint. I actually wouldn't want to see anyone take a "vacation" if they can abide by the rules. They aren't that hard.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #127 (permalink)

He will be gone by the end of the week. I just do not get how some people get so worked up over this/him.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #128 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
He will be gone by the end of the week. I just do not get how some people get so worked up over this/him.
and reinstated by Monday.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #129 (permalink)

isnt that what happened to you?

Old 04-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Only because it's not right and insulting to be called a nazi, etc. Call me a nazi and your in for a fight. There's no way in hell he'd call me that to my face and get away with it. And if he insulted my wife like he has others in this forum buy calling her an idiot simply because her views were different than his, he'd have a whole different fight on his hands. I simply feel he's an arrogant person hiding behind his computer screen.

I try and treat people exactly the same as if they were sitting right next to me. I wish everyone could do the same.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #131 (permalink)
Banned

yup. sucks for you guys they let me back in
Old 04-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #132 (permalink)

Answer me this one question and I'll be done with this thread. Why is it such terrible guys like Ronlabo can come on here and from day one get along with most members while still having an opinion but you have created all of this in your short time here ? People don't get hammered for being new, you get what you give. If you come on here and disrespect people you'll get it back tenfold.

Everyone is a noob once. I was a noob and was straight forward with my opinions from day one. Sure not everyone wanted to or wants to hear them but I'm still here. I can respect you not sugarcoating anything or telling people what they want to hear but don't force your opinion down someone elses throat and then tell them they are an idiot because they disagree.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #133 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Answer me this one question and I'll be done with this thread. Why is it such terrible guys like Ronlabo can come on here and from day one get along with most members while still having an opinion but you have created all of this in your short time here ?
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 04-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #134 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I agree with the name calling/belittling should stop especially when it's done out of anger like when my morals were questioned by Derek, Semper(who respectfully took back what he said), Ron. It's totally unnecesarry. If you have a problem or comment take it to the PM.

It's the internet, don't believe everything you read and beware of its context. I know it's a hard concept.

Last edited by fm8418; 04-20-2009 at 04:32 PM.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #135 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

is this the thread that talked about torture? lol

CIA's Authorized Torture Practices | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
CIA's Authorized Torture Practices

The New York Times uncovered memoranda of secret Justice Department legal opinions regarding methods of interrogating enemy combatants. What interrogation practices were deemed allowable?

Middle seat in coach on flight between Jacksonville, FL and Las Vegas, with stopover in Chicago

Setting prisoner atop dunk tank, asking one question, tossing baseball

Repeating everything suspect says in mocking, nasally voice

Using the Flegamajunka Technique, which is pretty much anything the interrogator needs it to be

Conducting the interrogation while eating a really big, delicious piece of cheesecake

Water/sand/sawdust/
cobra/concrete/glue/vodka-boarding
Guantanamo

Anything featured on the previous night's episode of 24

Asking politely
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #136 (permalink)

Everything is not true on the internet?

Old 04-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Everything is not true on the internet?
Is that sarcasm is smell or did one of my pups napping at my feet just fart ?

Old 04-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #138 (permalink)

Just one of my SPED students who has not showered in days

Old 04-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Just one of my SPED students who has not showered in days
Fung - do you really work with SPED kids ? GTFOOH, why am I shocked as hell right now ? Assumption based strictly on your "sensitive" writing style shown on here throughout the past few years. Gotta give you credit if you can flick the switch on and off. I know I have problems doing that, just ask some of the apprentices I get forced to work with on the job site.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Answer me this one question and I'll be done with this thread. Why is it such terrible guys like Ronlabo can come on here and from day one get along with most members while still having an opinion but you have created all of this in your short time here ? People don't get hammered for being new, you get what you give. If you come on here and disrespect people you'll get it back tenfold.

Everyone is a noob once. I was a noob and was straight forward with my opinions from day one. Sure not everyone wanted to or wants to hear them but I'm still here. I can respect you not sugarcoating anything or telling people what they want to hear but don't force your opinion down someone elses throat and then tell them they are an idiot because they disagree.
Jeez Bam am i really that bad????...LOL
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #141 (permalink)

Anyone have any thoughts on 2009 OPC Baseball? I remember when this board had this much passion on the next hot release
Old 04-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on 2009 OPC Baseball? I remember when this board had this much passion on the next hot release
I have been looking at this product. It looks like a decent break for the price.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:

That's funny. Like I've said in previous posts, it's kinda cool reading this stuff on a Hobby Forum. I bet you don't read this stuff in the "China Sports Card Forums".

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper_PatsFan View Post
That's funny. Like I've said in previous posts, it's kinda cool reading this stuff on a Hobby Forum. I bet you don't read this stuff in the "China Sports Card Forums".
I definitely enjoy the debate as much as anyone but it should all be in good fun. My opinions are mine and I do not expect everyone to subscribe to the same things - even though I'm right 99.5% of the time. It's the give & take, checks & balances, left & right, that combined make this country what it is and I for one am glad it is what it is.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
I definitely enjoy the debate as much as anyone but it should all be in good fun. My opinions are mine and I do not expect everyone to subscribe to the same things - even though I'm right 99.5% of the time. It's the give & take, checks & balances, left & right, that combined make this country what it is and I for one am glad it is what it is.
i had you right about 50% of the time...that is of course unless your agreeing with me then it is 100%
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
i had you right about 50% of the time...that is of course unless your agreeing with me then it is 100%
That's almost a compliment! I'll take 50%
Old 04-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Excellent post as always. Glad you're here.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #148 (permalink)

Found this a very interesting thread and wanted to post on a few of my thoughts on freedom. Freedom is just in the eye of the beholder, one mans freedom is anothers inconvenience. now the majority makes the rules on what freedoms are (or at least the loudest). Now I have the freedom to post this so I do enjoy the freedoms I have and think I am much better off being an american.

Let me give you a few examples of what I am talking about:

- I do not have the freedom to declare myself a Dr. but I do have the freedom to know my Dr. is educated.

- I do not have the freedom to smoke in bars any more in some States. But I have the freedom to go to smoke free invironment. Also the establisment owner no longer can decide.

- I do not have the freedom to drink two beers at lunch (used to be able to when first came in the military). But I have the freedom to know our military is not working buzzed.

- I do not have the freedom to choose what and what not my kids learn in public school. But some one does and I do have the freedom to put them in private school or home school them.

- I do not have the freedom to be a prostitute (exept in nevada). But woman have the freedom to not be forced into doing this.

Anyways we are a society of people with different views and we have to compromise for the better of the whole or the masses and what they want their freedoms to be.

I would not mind the simple task of a quick search of my trunk. It is a very minor compromise. I do how ever feel as a person not as a group of people we are loosing freedoms everyday and would love for it to stop.

If I were truly free I would be a bald eagle. But I can't think of any where else I would rather live then the good old US of A.

Last edited by Poonchka; 04-20-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Poonchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #149 (permalink)

Ha, another case of law enformcement thinking they have all the power...try searching a car in NJ...its almost impossible. If you have probable cause to search, such as smell of marijuana, weapon, etc. you are only allowed to search witin the armspan of the driver. No glove box, no center console compartment, anything that is closed is closed. These areas require a search warrant

If the dog hits on a car you are only allowed to search that area, otherwise a warrant is needed.

I dont know how the authorities are in those areas, but If a person says no you cant search my car in NJ and you have no PC to do it, then you must let them go, or provide sufficient information to obtain a search warrant, which is near impossible unless you have concrete evidence that you will find something illegal in the car.

And if they agree to let you search the vehicle, most times you must have them sign a consent to search form.

No drugs, no guns, no search....although NJ is in my opinion one of the most strict states when it comes to this matter....

Trying to put together 2005 SP Authentic SOTT Dual Autograph set (Football) PM me with any that you may have
hojer05 is offline   Reply With Quote