Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

View Poll Results: To what degree does the 2nd Amendment Apply?
It is absolute! American citizens should be able to own/carry ANY weapons they want. 3 13.64%
We should have any guns we want, but still have to get a license to keep/carry. 1 4.55%
What we have now is good (handguns, rifles, shotguns only + permits to carry) 11 50.00%
We should re-enact the "assault weapons ban" and only have low cap pistols and shotguns. 3 13.64%
It should be left up to the individual states to decide the law in each state. 1 4.55%
We should only have guns to use for hunting/sporting and law enforcement. 2 9.09%
We can have guns only if we are in law enforcement or the military. 0 0%
All citizens should serve in the military as reserve troops and have guns assigned to them. 1 4.55%
Firearms should be limited to shotguns and rifles, no handguns. 0 0%
All firearms should be banned from private use. 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,237
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

I have nothing apologize for , people take stuff out of context and run with it how they will. I have no reason to disrespect anyone on here who serves or does anything else. There's no need for that on these boards. Maybe I do help out, volunteer, serve? Not everyone is up front about what they do.
fm8418 is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Semper_PatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
I wasn't being smart or ungreatful, I was stating a fact. That is how everyone usually feels no matter what their job is.

Like some have said, they enlist in what they believe in. They don't enlist to get credit or to be paid a ton. They do it because that's what they believe in and the honor to serve the country.

WHY AM I BEING HARASSED ON HERE, please tell me that. Why am I being insulted?

Why are people questioning my morals and saying I wouldn't help anyone? It makes me sick when people make assumptions like that.

But seriously. Some of your posts seems kinda cold when posted. I really don't think you're a bad person. Simply because I really don't know you. All I have to go off is your one liners and incomplete thoughts (posts). I'll take back the remark about the ally.
__________________
Currently Collecting HOF QB's.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,237
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Why didn't they care about the educators, it instantly had to be turned into a armed service thing, stuff like that gives people/groups bad names. People instantly gang up once they form an opinion.

A lot of the most stressful jobs are probably the most underpaid. People go into those jobs for higher reasons than monetary gain....like teachers and military.

I always question things, I don't like when people feel too comfortable about stuff. Keeps people on their toes. It's too bad people often get very aggressive when they are questioned.
fm8418 is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Why didn't they care about the educators, it instantly had to be turned into a armed service thing, stuff like that gives people/groups bad names. People instantly gang up once they form an opinion.

A lot of the most stressful jobs are probably the most underpaid. People go into those jobs for higher reasons than monetary gain....like teachers and military.

I always question things, I don't like when people feel too comfortable about stuff. Keeps people on their toes. It's too bad people often get very aggressive when they are questioned.

Ronlabo just like to assume that he is the Supreme Fuhrer of the forum...if you disagree with him...you are lower than dirt, scum, and terrorists. You are not even a human being if you dare defy his greatness.

How dare someone speak their mind! Off with your head!

But on a lighter note...I am going to come back to our question at hand...

seems like a LOT of you feel that our current gun laws are fine...let me throw in a metaphorical hand grenade and say this...

YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF YOUR MINDS!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??

The second amendment was to protect us against TYRANNY!

That means whatever weapons the government has, WE MUST EQUALLY BE ALLOWED TO HAVE.

What good are handguns, semi-automatic rifles, and shotguns...when the government has access to literally every single firearm imaginable. So when the government machine decides to start throwing people out of their homes and seizing property "FOR THE GOOD OF THE UNION" we will be unable to do much against the waves of heavily-armed, well-trained, government dogs.

Our only hope is that a good portion of the military sides with the civilians.


FIGHT FOR YOUR CONSTITUTION! THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS INALIENABLE! GOVERNMENT HAS NO RIGHT TO REGULATE OR INFRINGE UPON OUR RIGHT TO OWN, OPERATE, AND CARRY FIREARMS!
biodole is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,237
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

I hope we never see that in any near lifetime. You would think it would be inevitable though.

I'm still worried about heavy machinery being in the hands of anyone; Adults and children are crazy enough these days.
fm8418 is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 11,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
Ronlabo just like to assume that he is the Supreme Fuhrer of the forum...if you disagree with him...you are lower than dirt, scum, and terrorists. You are not even a human being if you dare defy his greatness.

How dare someone speak their mind! Off with your head!


But on a lighter note...I am going to come back to our question at hand...

seems like a LOT of you feel that our current gun laws are fine...let me throw in a metaphorical hand grenade and say this...

YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF YOUR MINDS!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??

The second amendment was to protect us against TYRANNY!

That means whatever weapons the government has, WE MUST EQUALLY BE ALLOWED TO HAVE.

What good are handguns, semi-automatic rifles, and shotguns...when the government has access to literally every single firearm imaginable. So when the government machine decides to start throwing people out of their homes and seizing property "FOR THE GOOD OF THE UNION" we will be unable to do much against the waves of heavily-armed, well-trained, government dogs.

Our only hope is that a good portion of the military sides with the civilians.


FIGHT FOR YOUR CONSTITUTION! THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS INALIENABLE! GOVERNMENT HAS NO RIGHT TO REGULATE OR INFRINGE UPON OUR RIGHT TO OWN, OPERATE, AND CARRY FIREARMS!
Thanks for the compliment1st thing your commie ass said that I agree with since you've been here!!!
ronlabo is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
crr9381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,361
Default

i guess based on that logic we all should be able to have nukes, anti-arcraft weaponary and missles since the governemnt has them.
__________________
Currently looking for the following cards:
1992 score mickey mantle autograph(Already Got)
1994 upper deck mickey mantle autograph
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,237
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Peoples satellite dishes soon will be detecting the missiles.
fm8418 is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
Thanks for the compliment1st thing your commie ass said that I agree with since you've been here!!!
if you didn't notice already im not a fu&%ing commie...and I don't like being referred to as one.

I am a libertarian... I am the farthest thing from communist that you can get. You are closer to a commie than I am...

google libertarianism and you will see what it is, and why I support it so much
biodole is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,786
Default

What you say does not compute. Most Libertarians are outright supporters of the Military and the right to Bear Arms. What say you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
I am a libertarian
You better get a bigger shovel. You are digging yourself quite a hole son. Where I am from calling a US Veteran a Commie is not a smart move....

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
... I am the farthest thing from communist that you can get. You are closer to a commie than I am...
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,237
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
What you say does not compute. Most Libertarians are outright supporters of the Military and the right to Bear Arms. What say you?



You better get a bigger shovel. You are digging yourself quite a hole son. Where I am from calling a US Veteran a Commie is not a smart move....
the sad thing, it's part of freedom that Ron fought for....crazy how twisted the system works sometimes.
fm8418 is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
What you say does not compute. Most Libertarians are outright supporters of the Military and the right to Bear Arms. What say you?



You better get a bigger shovel. You are digging yourself quite a hole son. Where I am from calling a US Veteran a Commie is not a smart move....


What the hell are you talking about? When did I not support the military?

Secondly...because Ronlabo is a PART of the military, does not mean that I have to support his ideas 100%...that's insanity.

Thirdly...I didn't even call him a commie...I said he was more of a commie than me.

You people are amazing....none of you read...or give 2 sh$&s what anyone says...you just skim and make assumptions. Go read all of my posts...all I've been talking about is the necessity to bear arms and have a large powerful military...and to PROTECT the united states....I also speak out against interventionism, government invasion, freedom revocation, and police intrusion. Last I checked...thats pretty American of me...and Ronlabo was the one who argued with me on MOST of these points!
biodole is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
Ronlabo just like to assume that he is the Supreme Fuhrer of the forum...if you disagree with him...you are lower than dirt, scum, and terrorists. You are not even a human being if you dare defy his greatness.

How dare someone speak their mind! Off with your head!

But on a lighter note...I am going to come back to our question at hand...

seems like a LOT of you feel that our current gun laws are fine...let me throw in a metaphorical hand grenade and say this...

YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF YOUR MINDS!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??

The second amendment was to protect us against TYRANNY!

That means whatever weapons the government has, WE MUST EQUALLY BE ALLOWED TO HAVE.

What good are handguns, semi-automatic rifles, and shotguns...when the government has access to literally every single firearm imaginable. So when the government machine decides to start throwing people out of their homes and seizing property "FOR THE GOOD OF THE UNION" we will be unable to do much against the waves of heavily-armed, well-trained, government dogs.

Our only hope is that a good portion of the military sides with the civilians.


FIGHT FOR YOUR CONSTITUTION! THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS INALIENABLE! GOVERNMENT HAS NO RIGHT TO REGULATE OR INFRINGE UPON OUR RIGHT TO OWN, OPERATE, AND CARRY FIREARMS!
We are a democracy through and through. If the majority feels that the current laws regarding weapons ownership are just fine, how can you argue with the majority? Democracy is much more important than your ability to own an AK-47.

You started this thread and asked people to vote. I don't think you should put someone down, or insinuate they are wrong because they stand along with the majority.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WI
Posts: 3,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
You people are amazing....none of you read...or give 2 sh$&s what anyone says...you just skim and make assumptions. Go read all of my posts...all I've been talking about is the necessity to bear arms and have a large powerful military...and to PROTECT the united states....I also speak out against interventionism, government invasion, freedom revocation, and police intrusion. Last I checked...thats pretty American of me...and Ronlabo was the one who argued with me on MOST of these points!
You are so correct, biodole. Nobody here gets you. I suggest you find another board far, far away from here to spread your words of wisdom on. It will be our loss, but we'll deal with it.
Brad is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,237
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
You are so correct, biodole. Nobody here gets you. I suggest you find another board far, far away from here to spread your words of wisdom on. It will be our loss, but we'll deal with it.
maybe he can be like Fred Phelps and spread the gospel
fm8418 is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
We are a democracy through and through. If the majority feels that the current laws regarding weapons ownership are just fine, how can you argue with the majority? Democracy is much more important than your ability to own an AK-47.

You started this thread and asked people to vote. I don't think you should put someone down, or insinuate they are wrong because they stand along with the majority.
We aren't a democracy...

we never have been.

First person to say we were...was Woodrow Wilson.

People today are ill-informed and feel that we are....not once in ANY documents of the founding of our country was the word "DEMOCRACY" mentioned once. As a matter of fact, the electoral college was put in place to protect AGAINST democracy.

Mob rule is not good...nor did our founders ever consent it.


Our country is a REPUBLIC. A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC to be exact.


We are NOT a democracy.
biodole is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
if you didn't notice already im not a fu&%ing commie...and I don't like being referred to as one.
So why do you think it's okay to refer to others as terrorists or nazis, or anything else that you have called some of us? If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Seriously. Don't call us names or refer to us as something we obviously are not if you're going to get upset that we do the same.

Use some common sense please.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
So why do you think it's okay to refer to others as terrorists or nazis, or anything else that you have called some of us? If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Seriously. Don't call us names or refer to us as something we obviously are not if you're going to get upset that we do the same.

Use some common sense please.

my words are not that of a communist...whereas those that I call nazis...do in fact speak like nazis.
biodole is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,233
Default

fred phelps, (I didn't capitalize his name because he doesn't deserve it), lives not far from me. Only about 20 minutes, and it has taken every ounce of muscle in my body to restrain the anger I have for this man. I hate no one. But I like this man less than any other person that is currently alive.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,786
Default

WTF? You need help. Please seek it somewhere else. I enjoy a good debate, but you have crossed way too many lines. Buh Bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
my words are not that of a communist...whereas those that I call nazis...do in fact speak like nazis.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,237
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

yeah ban hammer soon please

mwheeler, it is ok to hate him. He is truly an awful man. probably one of the worst ever.
fm8418 is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
ronlabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 11,241
Default

hey guys thanks for the support but i eat whacko's like this for breakfast..i laugh at his pathetic beliefs, he holds nothing in our country valuable all he cares about our his civil liberties. the ones that so many serve to defend so he may abuse them. i care about his opinion of me as much as i care about an al aqeda terrorist getting his head kicked in for valuable information, i could care less!!! he is getting rattled now because he contradicts just about everything he says, IMO he has no real values or belieifs and canada is waiting for him with open arms
ronlabo is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodole View Post
my words are not that of a communist...whereas those that I call nazis...do in fact speak like nazis.
You referred to me as a nazi a few threads ago. I must correct your lies and say that I have never said anything that would make anyone think that I am a nazi.

I am paying attention to what you write. I hope it makes you happy. Just be careful what you say, because if I have the time, I'm going to call you out on some of it if it's wrong. I wish I had more time. LOL
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
hey guys thanks for the support but i eat whacko's like this for breakfast..i laugh at his pathetic beliefs, he holds nothing in our country valuable all he cares about our his civil liberties. the ones that so many serve to defend so he may abuse them. i care about his opinion of me as much as i care about an al aqeda terrorist getting his head kicked in for valuable information, i could care less!!! he is getting rattled now because he contradicts just about everything he says, IMO he has no real values or belieifs and canada is waiting for him with open arms

OK ronlabo...


tell me...what are my positions based on what I have said?

Secondly...how do you figure to say that all I care about are civil liberties.

here I am talking about keeping a large sizable military for use of defense....and for protecting our soldiers....yet you seem to think this is bad?


This disgusts me. All of you are either warhawk psychopaths who believe in a big government nazi police state, who fights undeclared wars and disciplines other countries through military intervention. Our founders would be ashamed of all of you.

Just because you are a marine doesn't make you immune to anything. Marines are humans like anyone else. I respect all servicemen regardless of the branch they are in....but god damnit if you are speaking of oppressing civillians in order to protect against terrorism...you are not a friend of liberty...but quite a fascist!

It certainly seems like you all just enjoy being rooted in your ways...without any thought or intelligence to back it up.

God help all of you for what you have done to this country. Our founders would never have incited revolution against the British to allow our country to fall into the hands of totalitarianism which we progressively march towards. People like you have allowed it - stoop up and applauded it - and then try to say that people like me who demand freedom, liberty, justice, and the constitution are wrong and do not belong.

It is a shame that exactly what we fought so hard to break free of...we have become ourselves.
biodole is offline  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
You referred to me as a nazi a few threads ago. I must correct your lies and say that I have never said anything that would make anyone think that I am a nazi.

I am paying attention to what you write. I hope it makes you happy. Just be careful what you say, because if I have the time, I'm going to call you out on some of it if it's wrong. I wish I had more time. LOL
I maintain that you are. You support unconstitutional search and siezure and say "what's the big deal." Sir that is a nazi principle..."if you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn't be worried."

The point is that we do not WANT our privacy invaded - no matter what.
biodole is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.