Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,680
Default Obama’s leap to socialism

President Obama showed his hand this week when The New York Times wrote that he is considering converting the stock the government owns in our country’s banks from preferred stock, which it now holds, to common stock.

This seemingly insignificant change is momentous. It means that the federal government will control all of the major banks and financial institutions in the nation. It means socialism.

Full Story
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 04-23-2009 at 11:02 AM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,477
Default

I ask of you. For the love of god! No more political threads, please. My head will asspload!
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
President Obama showed his hand this week when The New York Times wrote that he is considering converting the stock the government owns in our country’s banks from preferred stock, which it now holds, to common stock.

This seemingly insignificant change is momentous. It means that the federal government will control all of the major banks and financial institutions in the nation. It means socialism.

Full Story
I keep getting "page not found". Is there another link?

Thanks!
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I keep getting "page not found". Is there another link?

Thanks!
Try it now, I had a typo in the link
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Try it now, I had a typo in the link
It works now, thanks!
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

No wonder Bo Jackson just got into the banking business.

Seriously though, banking needs a baby sitter since it obviously can't be trusted enough to take care of itself.
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Seriously though, banking needs a baby sitter since it obviously can't be trusted enough to take care of itself.
Yeah but you wouldn't let Hitler baby sit your kids would you?

I only say this since I guess I'm a Nazi and my views are supposedly in line with German Reich.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

I'll never change my stance that banking and insurance are the most corrupt industries in the US but I understand what your saying by having the equally as corrupt US gov. giving them pointers.

I think BO is just po'd about what went down with his "bailout bonus money"
Talk about a slap in the face.

That to me is like if you came on here and said you were having a tough time keeping your family fed and your home heated. I get a bunch of members together and send you a few grand to keep you caught up til you got back on your feet with no pay back stipulation at all. Then a week later I see you posting your recent case breaks on here.
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
hockeyjunkie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa Bay Area, FL
Posts: 11,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
That to me is like if you came on here and said you were having a tough time keeping your family fed and your home heated. I get a bunch of members together and send you a few grand to keep you caught up til you got back on your feet with no pay back stipulation at all. Then a week later I see you posting your recent case breaks on here.
I need help feeding my family. Can you take up a collection for me? I need.................$10k...........by June/July.....give or take a few weeks. Depending on Upp............
__________________
-NICK

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.