Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Default Why is it buyers het turned off when they see word BEST OFFER

I find it weird people saying im gonna pass where for a fact they havent given counter offers. Im just curious what turns them off?
skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen View Post
I find it weird people saying im gonna pass where for a fact they havent given counter offers. Im just curious what turns them off?
Maybe they feel that your price and their best offer is too far apart. They probably don't think you'll budge and just move on. I get that a lot too.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Sometimes...

If the seller wants $125. and I can only justify $110. then I won't accept a counter offer. I move on. At times it may be that I only have a certain amount left in my Paypal account and the counter offer is over my budget. There are a lot of logical reasons to pass.

I will say that I never want to insult the seller with a really low offer. If their starting price is way too high in my opinion, I don't even make an offer.

Best to All,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
If the seller wants $125. and I can only justify $110. then I won't accept a counter offer. I move on. At times it may be that I only have a certain amount left in my Paypal account and the counter offer is over my budget. There are a lot of logical reasons to pass.

I will say that I never want to insult the seller with a really low offer. If their starting price is way too high in my opinion, I don't even make an offer.

Best to All,
VinnyH
how will buyers know if the price they have in mind is acceptable to the seller if they dont give it a shot?

we all know that forums are havens of low ballers . You post $50 on a card you are selling .expect to receive inquiries if you are willing to accept $30 ?. some will say i only have $25 on my paypal will you accept? thus your intention to sell a card for $50 defeats your purpose.

at least if you post a card with market value of $50 for a tad higher lets say $65 . you still have rooms to work out the price with and meet your target
skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I've never been a believer in low ball/ high ball offers. Just say no or yes
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

I dislike the 'what is your bottom price?' from someone wanting to buy a card -- I'd rather that they just offer what they want to!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

From the opposite side as most of the posts on here.........

To me the reason for asking for a rock bottom price is because I am not interested in playing games. It's your card, tell me what you need out of it. If I can buy it great, if not I move on. No hard feelings. The whole offer thing is because nobody wants to throw out a price and then it gets accepted and you wonder as a buyer if you could have gotten it cheaper and as a seller you wonder if you could have gotten more out of it.

To me the price should always be dictated my the seller. If someone says make an offer... I'm out. I don't walk into WalMart and tell them how much I want to pay for milk. They give me a price and I can decide to pay it or not.

Just my point of view for whatever it's worth.
cincycardshows.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

I know on fleabay the thing that makes me not even bother replying is when a seller has a card up at $49.99 BIN BO for a card that regularly sells for $24.99. and after I make an offer of $24.99. they counter me with $44.99 I mean, why even bother with the best offer if in your mind, your card is worth double the actual market value ? Either way you're not selling it.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycardshows.com View Post
From the opposite side as most of the posts on here.........

To me the reason for asking for a rock bottom price is because I am not interested in playing games. It's your card, tell me what you need out of it. If I can buy it great, if not I move on. No hard feelings. The whole offer thing is because nobody wants to throw out a price and then it gets accepted and you wonder as a buyer if you could have gotten it cheaper and as a seller you wonder if you could have gotten more out of it.

To me the price should always be dictated my the seller. If someone says make an offer... I'm out. I don't walk into WalMart and tell them how much I want to pay for milk. They give me a price and I can decide to pay it or not.

Just my point of view for whatever it's worth.
I agree 1000% with this when I'm buying. I usually have a price in mind that I'm willing to pay but since I'm the one buying I want to know where you willing to sell at. If we're close I might counter to try to get closer to where I want to be but if we're way off I just say thanks and walk away. I never get butt hurt if I can't make a sale or buy something I want. A little confused at some sellers logic on occasion as in my other post but if I'm paying fair market value, I know in most cases I'll get one at some point.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen View Post
how will buyers know if the price they have in mind is acceptable to the seller if they dont give it a shot?

we all know that forums are havens of low ballers . You post $50 on a card you are selling .expect to receive inquiries if you are willing to accept $30 ?. some will say i only have $25 on my paypal will you accept? thus your intention to sell a card for $50 defeats your purpose.

at least if you post a card with market value of $50 for a tad higher lets say $65 . you still have rooms to work out the price with and meet your target
Ill probably get shot down and told off for this, but this is how I feel....

Sellers in the BST have a tendancy to overprice their cards. Not all, but some. If you are asking more than the current trend on ebay, how do you expect someone to buy it when you can defineately get it cheaper on ebay or other places. The buyer is helping you save fees by buying from you on BST.

If a seller is allowed to ask what price he wants on a card, then why wouldnt a buyer be allowed to offer what he wants to pay on a card?

If a seller is firm with his price, then why would they OBO??

In my opinion, the term OBO with a price literally translates to "Willing to take less". As a smart buyer or a "Thrift" shopper, its in my best interest to pay the least. By saying OBO you have opened my oppurtunity to get it for less.

This combined with the fact that some sellers over price their cards, leads to these circumstances. Ive seen examples on here for cards for sales at $1200 when they consistently sell for $800 on ebay when they show up. Then the seller puts $1200 OBO. What do you think is going to happen?

Its a game between buyers and sellers. As much as buyers are looking for lowest prices with lowball offers, I think sellers are pitching high numbers to catch a sucker. I dont know whats worse? A lowball offer or a seller trying to sucker someone in?

I rather have lowball offers all day long over no offers. I rather have a seller sell on firm prices if he doesnt want to the headache of enterating "ALL" offer whether they are low or high.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote