Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #26 (permalink)

This is very tragic. As for the "fishy" comment...let's put it this way, there are Marathon runners who run an entire marathon (approx 3-4 hrs) w/ fluids at a lot of stations and still die of dehydration. Everybodies body works differently...and these marathon runners had been training for a long time.

Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #27 (permalink)

I saw this article earlier and I thought: thats cruel punishment. They may have wanted her to burn the calories from the candy bar but by doing three hours of running CONSECUTIVELY? And for a 9 year old? Thats harsh especially for just eating a candy bar
ToppsCollector1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

My mom used to make me run as punishment (she called it Chariots of Fire), which made me a pretty fast s.o.b. back in the day, but she would never had made me run for that long without drinking some H2O.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #29 (permalink)

If this ends up being true, that they really made her run for 3 hours straight without hydrating her, they should put a rope around their necks and tie them to the back of a vehicle. Then the vehicle should move just fast enough that neither can walk so they have to run, even if at a very slow pace, and make them do this for at least 2 hours.

Yes, we live in a somewhat civilized society, but this is a child we are talking about that was tortured, (if she was truly made to run for 3 hours straight), and those that are responsible for this terrible act should know exactly what it feels like, even if they die from it.

I hope the truth comes out, and the people responsible get exactly what they deserve, whatever that may be.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

She had no chance. Meth by 12, pregnant by 15.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
I'm not passing judgement here, but this just screams white trash.

Very sad none the less.
She probably ate the white trash grandma's dinner (the candy bar). You don't wanna #@#@#@#@ with Broomhilda's snacks. I'll pass judgement now. She was definitely white trash.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

I vote that they are drawn and quartered....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
If this ends up being true, that they really made her run for 3 hours straight without hydrating her, they should put a rope around their necks and tie them to the back of a vehicle. Then the vehicle should move just fast enough that neither can walk so they have to run, even if at a very slow pace, and make them do this for at least 2 hours.

Yes, we live in a somewhat civilized society, but this is a child we are talking about that was tortured, (if she was truly made to run for 3 hours straight), and those that are responsible for this terrible act should know exactly what it feels like, even if they die from it.

I hope the truth comes out, and the people responsible get exactly what they deserve, whatever that may be.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
It turns out she was.the stepmother. And she was also pregnant

Stepmom Gives Birth After Arrest In Death Of Stepdaughter Who Was Forced To Run For Hours | Fox News
ToppsCollector1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #34 (permalink)

I'm not a death penalty guy, but I'm telling you, this one really makes me think hard about that position. How does any adult human do this to a child?
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”

Last edited by frozenntimesports; 02-24-2012 at 10:29 AM.
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
really, the little girl is dead and thats the best future you would have given her? just because the step mom and grandma are trash that doesnt mean she would have ended up that way.

this story of what happened just pisses me off, i have 5 kids one being 9 years old. you correct not kill your children. i hope they hang for this.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSPORTS View Post
i hope they hang for this.
They should suffer as she suffered, and the whole world should watch. Might make some think twice before torturing/killing others that are too young/weak to say no or defend themselves.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

I think this is wrong on so many levels. Isnt it also really humid in the south so I see her getting dehydrated quickly. I have a 9 year old daughter and cannot imagine making her do anything remotely close to this
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote